Strength and Might

Eye of the Wolf

 

Jjeolbae's P.o.V.
I woke up and looked around the house. It is still the way it is yesterday. The frames still were in position, and the pillows were still in its cases. Day by day, I start to grow in fear of loss. I have seen terrible things with my bear eyes; and I cannot help but fear that it would happen again. But still, I have to be strong-- not only for me, but for the three clans.

I was about to shift from my position when I felt a presence resting by my side. I looked at the figure which I quickly recognized. His head was rested on the couch I was sleeping on, with his arms in front of him. Luhan. His neck might be sore, since I have tried resting in that position when my foster mom was sick. There, I took my hands out and ruffled his hair a bit. I can't help but smile at his calm figure. I would want to squeal, but I prevented myself to do so.

“Wake up, Luhan.” I said calmly as he tossed a bit. I repeated my statement as he rose up and nodded. He scratched his eyes as I prevented him to do so.

“Your eyes might get damaged. And is the back of your neck sore, by the way?” I asked as he nodded shyly.

“How did you know?” He asked as I chuckled.

“You were resting by the couch’s side all night.” I said as he stopped and looked at me. He nodded slowly and looked away, just by the side.

“I..I was guarding you.” He said as I chuckled. I sat on the couch as he stared at me blankly.

“Is...that so? Thank you. By the way, give that to Lay so he could cure it, alright?” I recommended as he smiled and nodded. The two of us looked around, but we found no one. The two of us went to the kitchen, only to find almost all of them settling themselves up. All of them were wearing suits with the sleeves reaching up to their wrists. The four guardians, Hyorin, Dasom, Soyou, and Bora, were assisting the boys in fixing their ties. They  were also dressed like the others: slacks and suits. I envy them for their beauty, since even if they are wearing those, it fits them. Lay stared at us while holding two sets of clothes.

“Wear this.” He said as we followed. I entered the bathroom and immediately took a bath while Luhan was getting the aid from Lay (He hesitated but I insisted him to be healed). I then damped my hair with the towel and changed my clothes after doing so. I stared at the mirror for a while to see if there were any mistakes on my attire. I admired the suit, although I really think that it does not fit me.  I was wearing a white blouse on top of the blazer, with my slacks reaching up to my feet. I unfolded the hems of my blazer as I took the tie up. It was different from what I had seen with them a while ago. Ours were colored blue, and theirs were orange. After I fixed my tie, I twisted the knob as I saw them waiting for me. I inspected their ties only to see that the color varied on the clan we were in. The Panthera members were seen wearing beige ties, while the Tigris were wearing orange. 

“Noona, please tie mine.” A voice was heard as I spun around, only to see Chen. I nodded as I fixed it for him, and after that, requests from Suga,  Jin, U-Kwon, Jongup, and Zico were heard. Since we are numerous, it probably is hard for the four girls to finished the pile. I helped and tied the neckties carefully, not to make it loose nor keep it tight. I was wondering how we got these, but Zelo answered it for me. 

“Our guardians made these, since they figured that we need armor. These were well made, since it can withstand large amount of attacks and temperature. And I figured that you were asking things mentally. Yes, I could read your mind.” He said as I nodded in amazement. 

“They’re awesome.” I said as the girls smiled.

“Thank you.” They answered as I nodded.

Then, I felt someone patting my shoulder, and I turned to look. It was Luhan. With him was a tie which he held and was raised onto his chest level. I nodded as I twirled the tie around him. I made a few knots as I felt the strength of the fabric. It is indeed flexible, but I can’t scratch it with my own hands. That only means that it was well-made; with the materials, the quality, and the endurance.

We were now ready to attack. Each of us wished each other good luck as we placed ourselves on our positions. Our target place is the school, where possibly, large secrets hide.

We were to set round, and each person’s back shall be guarded. We moved in circles as we shot beams to the controls. They were humans still, and it raised a little bit of difficulty, knowing that they have feelings, and they are just not aware of their actions. But we should not be moved; that is what we know. They are not the humans they used to be. They showed no  emotion, and the portrayed no humane action. 

I aided them and shouted a few spells. It was bound for a control standing on a post. His head was somehow pale, and you could see in his cheekbones that he was a man living indoors. I suppose he was a researcher-- not just because of his face, but also because of his attire: a lab gown.  He was forming a  stance ready for attack, and he slowly paced through us; they were getting faster and faster, and we have to keep up with their speed. Unlike them, we have stamina levels. But gladly, each clan could bear to give support, since at least one member has that ability. All of us ran together and changed our plans. We were to part on pairs, back to back, at least. There will be two rows for guarding.

I shot another round just as I saw a few ones blocking our way, but they just lost their strengths, and they still kept on. I shot another one; they were slowly nearing us. I shouted, but the others were occupied with their enemies. They were being strong too, again. I shot another one as our distance could be measured by a wingspan. The controls are getting many; around ten people for each of us.

I shot and shot, but I felt a mass grabbing me. I stared at the hand; it was fair white. My other pair, U-Kwon, was already off guard since the two of us got separated.

"Luhan?" I asked as I stared at the person holding my arm. I was shocked, since it was not Luhan.

It was one of the controls.

I shot another one as I felt someone grab me again. I drifted my gaze: only to see another. I raised my hand to shoot, but another one stopped me. I tried releasing and screaming, but there were no people to help me.

Luhan's P.o.V.
I have finished my turn as I clasped my hands. The others seemed occupied, and the noise from their shots filled the radius.

"Help!" I hears someone scream. I looked around, but they seemed absorbed with their work. I turned around again, only to see a few controls piling up. I searced for each of them, but Jjeolbae was nowhere to be seen. Another scream came out again: I was certain. Jjeolbae is in that circle. I raised my hands up to make the controls float. A few resisted, which was somehow hard for me. I threw them on the lawn by the neighbor's gate. I immediately approached her as I checked for injuries. There were some scratches and bites. Her left cheek was damaged with a small slice while her arms were bitten for a few times. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked. It will be of no use if I ask if she is okay, when it is obvious that she is not. She shook her head and looked at me.

"I'm fine." She answered and smiled. Although she broadcasted no pain, I could still see it in her eyes. I help her stand up as I noticed blood coming out of her suit, just by the right stomach.

"What happened to that?" I asked as she shook her head.

"Let's go." She said and paced.

We walked with guilt as we passed through their bodies; they were still alive, and they could still be alive. But I cannot help but feel guilty hurting all of them. We're now finished with this street, and it's somehow good that there were no more controls were there when I aided Jjeolbae.

One street left.

We walked again as I saw the controls running. I cannot think of anything but blurt spells out. A while ago, it was still calm, but now, we cannot keep with their pace. They were running now, while a while ago, they were just seen jogging around.

“ABOLISH!”

“PERISH!”

“SLICE!”

“DERVISH!”

Shouts were heard as they increased in number. A while ago, there were just around one or two per person (except for the gang that I damaged a while ago). But now, there were thirty, forty, and still increasing. Jjeolbae's wounds have started to get worse: yet she still kept on swinging spells for the clan. As she cast one, I can see pain adding more and more to what she has now. 

Without hesitation, I carried Jjeolbae to Lay.

"What are you doing? Keep me down! I still have to finish it!" She said in a low tone. Her impact was weak, and I feel like I am getting more pain than her. I can't stand on seeing our princess in pain.

I immediately took her as Lay healed her immediately. I then took the circle to guard them. Twenty. Twenty per person. We are now surrounded with more than six hundred people right now.

I took a deep breath and fixed my stance. 

I am ready to conquer.

I am ready to fight.

I shall guard you with all my might, and with all my strength, princess.