Leaf

Eye of the Wolf

Jjeolbae’s P.o.V.

“They  keep on multiplying!” Sehun stared at the window, still stunned by the controls. I nodded and sat beside him as we watched the controls destroying fences and harming each other.

It has been four hours since they first attacked our base, yet every second, they grow wilder and wilder.  We have started to get worried – for our safety and for our clan mates. They have been destroying fences and harming each other. They are starting to gain awareness, yet they cannot control themselves. As for the two moons and Lamyeon, they still are visible from our sights although the sun is up.

“It was fun.” A voice said as the two of us drifted our gazes backwards.

There, we saw Kai and the Panthera clan carrying boxes that reached their knees. All of them laughed as we smiled. They just teleported back from the nearest grocery store to get supplies since we are already running out of it. Being a clan with strong reflexes, it is expected that they could get twice as the other clans could.

They opened the boxes as it revealed cans, bottles, and packs. I helped them organize the items that they have grabbed and placed it in the kitchen.

“T’was fun, we shoplifted like there’s no tomorrow.” Namjoon said as all of us nodded. Jungkook laughed and followed.

“Yeah, it’s like in the movies where the apocalypse starts and the people grab groceries.” He said as all of us nodded.

“It must have brought you so much fun.” I said and placed a can on the table as Jungkook reached for the hanging cabinet above us.

“Yeah. We casted spells around the radius, took our grocery carts, and ran, grabbed all the things around.” He said and closed the deck.

It’s not like we have a choice, we have to bear with it. We can’t get transactions, and money is of no use now.

I diced a few carrots and opened a pack of mushrooms they bought and placed it on the pot. Since the weather is cold today, we somehow need to get warm food, at least.

“What are you cooking?” Luhan asked, peeking at the lid.

“Soup.” I answered and sprinkled salt in it.

“Waa! It looks fun!” Chanyeol barged in and mixed it as I headed to the living room.

“Do you have anything in mind to eat?” I asked as they thought for a while.

“Nothing much.” Daehyun answered as Jungkook slightly raised his hand and spoke.

“Pork chop.” He cheered as I nodded.

“Alright then.” I said and turned around.

“Wait.” He said as I looked back as he stood up.

“I’ll help you.” He said as I nodded. The two of us headed for the kitchen as I turned the stove off. Luhan and Chanyeol bid their goodbyes with the pot on their hands. They cheered and laughed as they brought it to the team.

Jungkook sliced the pork and prepared the oil on the pan. He went beside me to get the pepper and placed it in his hands.

“Is there anything that I could do?” I asked as he nodded.

“Could you uhm...get an apron for me?” He asked as I followed. I took a folded piece of cloth on the chair resting by the door and placed it in my arms. He continued slicing a few onions and did his task while humming a few songs. I went near him as he paused and faced me.

“S-sorry for troubling you. I-I forgot to wear one.” He stuttered as I nodded in understanding. He dropped the knife that he is holding and smiled at me.

“That’s alright.” I said and slid the apron on his head neatly. I swirled my finger, signalling him to turn around as he did shyly. I knotted the apron to a ribbon as he bowed to me in gratitude.

“T-thanks.” He said as I nodded.

I took the frozen gravy out and heated it on the spare pan lying on the corner. After I did, I placed it on a small bowl as I waited for Jungkook to finish the pork. He cooked many—enough to accompany us.

“I’m done.” He said as I took a bottle of milk from the fridge and placed it on the tray he is holding. He carried it along with the stack of meat resting on the plate as I opened the door for him. He nodded deeply and went to the table where our clan mates are waiting.

I helped serving rice as all of us sat down and prayed. We ate in silence, then afterwards, we began chattering, getting to know each other.

I rummaged the soup in front of me as I took a scoop and ate it. Satisfied, I took the glass of water resting by my right and drank from it. I laughed with the jokes my clan mates told to forget the reality we are facing; even if it was just for a minute or two.

A loud crash was heard from the floor above us as many of us stood up immediately, alarmed with the sound.

“I’ll check.” J-Hope said and went upstairs as Luhan, Jongup, and I followed. The others were left downstairs to guard, since if the controls begin attacking, they could charge in.

J-Hope paced slowly as he looked around; nothing lies around.

“Hey, look. The roof’s broken.” Jongup said as the three of us looked up.

The sun’s light penetrated on the hole left by the, we suppose, the crash.

“But...we shielded it, and no enemy could go through it.” J-Hope said as all of us nodded.

“Unless...it is made by a friend, or a person on our side.” Luhan said, now pointing to the ground.

I sat down as I saw a sparkle on it. It was a crystal, but more of a diamond, I suppose. It has the size of two clenched fists glued together, and it has a good appearance. I removed my apron and used it to hold the substance. It was somehow transparent, but it gives a tiny shade of violet. I raised it up for a better view, since the sun is sharing its light because of the hole by the roof. I shook it up slowly to take a better view; as I saw another shining substance inside it. Now, it was colored gold. On the corner of my eyes, I saw Youngjae. He came towards me and saw the little gem on my hands.

“Princess, let me take a look.” He said and took out a handkerchief. I lent it to him as he went to the balcony and raised it up again. We followed as we looked at it more. He moved it to a few directions, and finally, he stopped. He moved it as we waited for others to come.

“Guys!” I shouted as I heard many footsteps coming towards us. They made a few chatters as I pointed to the gem. They looked at it in amazement as they came near it.

Youngjae raised it up to the sky. We inspected it more as he moved it a few directions. After he got the distance again, the golden substance suddenly rot. All of us gasped as he took it down immediately.

I looked up to the sky again to see where he pointed the gem out.

“Is that....really?” Soyou asked as they nodded.

I looked up again, only to see....Lamyeon.

 It was parallel to the place where Youngjae raised it up.

“Yes. It is. This is a leaf...of the tree of life.”