Yes, you are.

Eye of the Wolf

Jjeolbae's P.o.V.

All of us sat round the table as Jin carefully placed the stone on the middle. Xiumin rested his head on the table as I placed my cheek on my palms. Silence came as we took a keen eye observing the piece--not just by its physical status, but also the possible tracks that may lead us to the solution. After we raised it up parallel to Lamyeon, the leaf inside it rotted, and the same process still is going—it is rotting more every second.

Me, it raises two possibilities. It is either the enemy sent it for us to follow them, or, someone, somebody is seeking help from us. I cannot think of anything more than that, but what I do know that there would also be millions of streets to consider. It might also be coincidental, and was not meant for us in the first place. Almost everything could be possible now, since I have discovered that I can now do what I cannot before.

A swift movement from a wooden material broke the immense stillness on the house. Although screams and howls were heard outside, it cannot match the quietness in this house. It happened that Kyungsoo stood up. On his eyes lay the ink of weariness and lack of interest.  He started walking around and roamed in circles. I suppose that not all of us could stand the quietness in this house, since we are of different personalities. He then started opening the fridge—only to gain nothing and close it. After a while, he fixed a few plates. A few of us stared at him, but the others kept on staring at the little thing, consumed with thoughts lingering their minds. He now starts to fix the vases, and set the frames in order. Yes, I have known Kyungsoo for being a man of action—he cannot withstand doing nothing, even in the least case. I shifted back to my previous action, and continued inspecting the gem. Suddenly, I have noticed that the surroundings grew a little bit dim. It was not because of any uncanny actions, but it was of something usual. I looked around, only to see Kyungsoo closing the windows, and dashing the curtains. He continued poking around as I trailed him with my eyes.

“HEY!” A voice shouted as I looked at them. They still were staring at the crystal, but now with amazement included. I asked what is happening, but I seem to gain no answer. Probably because it was of the shock that I saw in their manner, or plainly because they did not hear me speak.

Slowly, Luhan pointed to the crystal, and I stood there, terrified. I looked at it slowly as I saw its composition retort to how we saw it first. I do not know what is happening, but we must have performed something, or the crystal gave a natural expression.

“I closed the windows. Are there any relations with it?” Kyungsoo asked as all of us were alarmed. They slowly nodded as Zico stood up and headed for the window. He opened it, and bingo! It went back to its rotting state. He closed it in a second as all of us went back to our seats.

Chatters were heard from the members, much to my relief. They somehow went outside of their shells and started communicating with the world. I was not silent before, and nor am I talkative. I despise both pure silence and pure chatters. Gem, crystal, leaf: They were heard all over the household, and were mentioned infinitely. I started inspecting it more, but my trail of thoughts were interrupted when somebody nudged me on the arm. I looked to the side to see who it is, only to find Luhan.

“What are your thoughts? Voice them out.” He said as I nodded.

“Uh..It was either given by a foe and an ally. For a foe, it must have probably been a trap, or it may be a dangerous weapon ready to bomb the whole house away. For an ally, it must have been sent for either a warning or an aid, a device for help, I say.” I said and paused. He then started to continue it.

“Or it may have been given by the tree of life itself.” He said as I looked at him in shock. Yes, I have skipped that very detail. It could bring us to things, wondrous ones.

The two of us voiced our opinions in as they shared theirs. It led us to a whole new level, and it is like we are creating a hit novel.

“Like Jjeolbae and Luhan said, it may be sent by an ally, a foe, or the tree of life itself.”

“And it may have come from Romiya, or from Lamyeon itself.” Dasom said as all of us nodded in approval.

“It is of great help, I conclude.”

“Yes, and we have to break out of this place to gain more knowledge.”

We nodded in satisfaction and have decided to come out of U-Kwon’s house. We know that we cannot gain information just by this and that. We planned on how we should move, what our tactics are, and how we would escape from the controls.

“Let’s dismiss this meeting for a while. It is somehow getting late now.” Namjoon requested as all of us stood up and stretched.

“Let’s call it a day.”

We went back to our beds as the lights turned off. We bid good-nights as my eyes closed.

Before sleeping, I recalled the topics that we should do. The strong ones shall deal with the controls, and the others shall be walls for support. I was destined on the support team, because I have not experienced a real battle since then. I was not in my usual state, and I cannot take control of myself yet. I wished ourselves goodluck as I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to dreamland.

The tree of life!

The last leaf!”

“I shall take this in protection.”

“Bring this to the princess of the clan, when the time comes. Protect it at all costs, my wolf, Canis Lupus.”

“They shall have a great war, and they will be needing this leaf.”

I rose up in haste, bringing myself up to reality. I looked around, it is yet but night time.

“Jjeol, you’re just dreaming.” A hushed voice whispered as I looked to my left. I saw Luhan holding my arm and looking at me with intense, worried eyes. I nodded as I took deep breaths. I sat down as he patted my back slowly. He guided me towards the kitchen as I sat down the chair by the corner and waited for him to get a glass of water.

“Thank you.” I said as he smiled in satisfaction. He sat beside me and held my shoulder.

“Clan memory?” He asked as I nodded.

“They keep coming back to me. I’m starting to get worried of our clanmates.” I said and narrated my dream. He nodded in every chance he gets, until I stopped.

“D..don’t worry, I’m here for you, alright?” He asked as I nodded.

“Don’t die on me tomorrow.” I said as he took out a chuckle.

Of course. You’re one of the reasons I...sorry. We live.”