Aware

Eye of the Wolf

 

  • Jjeolbae

    I stretched my arms as sunlight poured down on me. One hundred fourty nine million, six hundred thousand kilometers away and yet it landed straight on my face. What an unlucky person I am. I then rose up from my bed and prepared for school. I took a bath and placed my uniform on. "It has been two weeks since the first day of school." I blurted to myself. I walked downstairs only to be greeted by my stepmother.

    "Annyeong haseyo." I said and she smiled.

    "Annyeong~ Eat your breakfast now and go to school. " She replied. I may be adopted yet I felt loved.

    "I'm going to eat along the way. Bye mom!" I said as I grabbed the sandwich and headed for the door. The street welcomed me with a cold breeze. Nothing out of the common.

    I was with my usual self, but thoughts lingered in my mind.

    I was just adopted, yet my step parents never told me anything about my past: who my real parents are, where they found me, and such. But one thing is that, they raised me like their own child. That's what motivated me to study hard and make them proud. Since then, I was always on the top of the class. Bullies never left me though. It really is common with me. What can I do? No matter how they try, they won't make me fall down. We're just poor, but I'm currently enrolled to a prestigious school named Soleil. It's kind of strange since no matter how hard I try to transfer, this school still find its way. We are not paying for any fees, the school recommended that I should stay. But since bullies annoy me so much, I tried to transfer at another school. I even got the perfect score at the entrance test. But when I saw the list, my name was not there. "Soleil's president have already admitted you to his school. He left a while ago." The principal said. I got no choice and have decided to stay here.

    ---

    I took a deep breath before entering our room. I twisted the knob, and felt that there was something strange. Due to my fast reflexes, I figured out what it is. I immediately opened the door and stepped back. Water splashed from the ceiling. I grinned and entered like nothing happened. How did I notice, you may ask. Well, when I was about to open the door, I saw a small string attached. It somehow annoyed me. I may be poor, you may be rich. But you're just a bunch of spoiled brats.

    "Could you teach me with this?" A girl asked. Her name is Yunah, the queenka of this school and the self-proclaimed girlfriend of the school's kingka, Luhan.

    "No, and thanks for almost splashing water all over my uniform." I said and she opened in shock. I continued fiddling with my book as the homeroom teacher entered.

    ------

    We are currently on our Mathematics class. "Get the hypotenus of this triangle and---" He paused when he heard a knock. He walked towards the door to get a better image of the man standing behind it.

    "M-mr. Lu." He said.

    "May I excuse Miss Jjeolbae?" The man asked.

    "U-uhm...It's p-probably t-time, isn't it?" I heard our teacher say.

    "Yeah." He said. The teacher turned to face me and I stood up.

    "Somebody's calling for you." He said as I walked towards the door.

    Nobody usually calls me. I've got no friends.

    Then, I looked at the man standing in front of me.

    "Mr. Luhan?" I asked. He was the son of the school's director and CEO.

    "Don't you recall me?" He asked and I shook my head.

    "They did it. Psch." He scoffed.

    Then, he grabbed my cheeks and caressed it. He looked at me sharply as the wind blew hard, literally. It felt like a hurricane and I placed my weight down on my feet. I feel like anytime, I might be taken by the wind rushing. I looked at him as he started to look pale.

    "Are you alright?" I panicked.

    "Don't move." He ordered as I immediately followed. Frost started appearing, mixing with air. It whispered on his hair and suddenly turned blonde. Then, after that, the gust of wind circulated, forming a tornado-like rotation while we were at its middle. His veins started glowing white, just like the lights brightly lit in our classroom. It rushed through his hands and something started appearing on the arm he is using in caressing my cheek.

     

    The brilliance transferring on his veins have started to transport in my cheeks. I felt somehow dazed, but didn't mind it when his eyes started to glow red.

    BK8oNODCIAAU6xj.jpg:large

    After that, light beamed on my face, darkness came after. I opened my eyes, only to see a couple holding a child. They were happy and jolly. But one thing I noticed, the baby's wrist has a symbol similar to Luhan's. After a while, another pair came. A man and a woman which share the same age as the first couple's. They went near the first couple and laid the two babies on a table.

    "These two will share the same fate and destiny, but they could be free from tragedy by choice." A golden voice said. 

    The flashback grew farther from me and I was awoken to reality. When I regained my consciousness, I saw Luhan lying down on the floor.

    "We need to get help." I said with a stuttering voice. The man in front of me seemed frail and weak. I took him for an embrace and miraculously, he regained his health, like nothing happened.

    "Do you remember me now?" He asked while standing up.

    "What was that a while ago?" I asked him.

    "The babies. Those are the two of us." He said and I widened my eyes in disbelief.

    "B..but, I have no tattoo like yours. And I don't have magical powers. I must be going crazy!" I exclaimed.

    "It's activated now." He said and grabbed my arm. It revealed the same symbol like his.

    "B-but...Are you really okay? Your eyes are glowing red and your hair is now dyed blonde!" I said.

    "Same as yours." He replied and I grabbed the mirror from my pocket. My eyes which were cold black before are now painted gleaming scarlet, just like fire. My hair is now yellow as gold. I can't believe it. Just what happened?!

    "What is happening with me? Who...I mean, WHAT ARE YOU?!" I asked him. He just left a chuckle.

    "Answer me!" I demanded.

    He grabbed a blade from his pocket and sliced my arm. I winced in pain as he raised it up. I observed for a bit, and my wounds have started healing all of a sudden.

    "Wait..what? I'm just a normal student? Am I really dreaming? Wake me up from this nightmare, please." I said but failed to help.

    I am wide awake, and I currently am facing reality.

    He jumped in happiness which I did not understand. He grabbed my arm and headed straight to his father's office.

    He held the steel bar and opened the door wide. The CEO stood up in amazement.

    "Jjeolbae and Luhan!" He said happily and approached us.

    "I have waited for a very long time. And now, you are here!" He said.

    "I-I don't understand." I said. He provided the two of us with seats as he sat on his own chair.

    "Well, your parents and I were really close ones. We were counted in one clan. The clan's members has their own supernatural powers. Unique, I mean. But we proceeded with our own lives. There were no enemies, to begin with. But one day, you and Luhan were born. And we were surprised to have two babies sharing the same ability, which is Telekenesis. Starting then, villains started appearing, and we hid the two of you. Unfortunately, Jjeolbae, your parents died. We needed to separate the two of you for safety, that's why we gave you to one of our clanmates. All of us run this blood, yet, only a few could be able to use them." He explained.

    "I...I still can't believe it. Never in my life did I make things float. I'm not buying it." I said. Who would trust people with that kind of story? It is indeed insane.

    "Try focusing on this ballpen, and roll your eyes up." He ordered as I followed. I focused on it. I felt its presence connecting with me. I then rolled my eyes up. And I was shocked to see.

    .

    .

    .

    The ballpen followed.