Cold Coffee

Simple Song

Jessica's POV

I woke up to a soothing and familiar scent but quickly brush it off thinking it was a dream. The sun was already soaring outside, I could feel it through the glistening light in our living room and I wasn't ready to wake up just yet so I pulled out the blanket that covered me in order to pull off the window blind and sleep a little more. However, the soothing scent was still permeating around me. It felt as if I slept next to..........Taeyeon. I could tell the familiar scent, the combination of citrus and sandalwood, the scent that got me turning my lazy head, everytime it soared throughout the room. I sat straight at the cozy cushion and ponder for a while, trying to figure out why the blanket and pillow that I used was soaked with Taeyeon's scent. I did dream about sleeping in her shoulder last night, and I dream that she....kissed me in the cheeks. Recalling the dream makes my face heaten up, I can't help but smile even though it's only a dream.

"Sica ? You awake ?"

A voice bring my imagination to an end. My face must've been blushing wildly for the person that I just thought of suddenly appear in front of me, laughing.

"Something funny?", I asked her, tried so hard to hide my embarassment. 

"What are you thinking that makes you smile widely at this early hour?"

You. I thought inwardly. "Nothing Taengoo."

She smiled pleasantly, I could feel my face reddening so I let out a fake yawn.

"Are you still sleepy? it's only 11. Unless you want to pay a visit to your parents and Krystal, you could continue your beauty sleep, princess."

The way she said princess is very courteous. Absolutely no tone of mocking is visible in her sentence. For the first time I actually like being called a princess.

"Where are the others?"

"Sunny, Tiffany, and Hyoyeon are out shopping and the rest go to visit their family", she answered me and make headway to offer me a toast,"Are you hungry? I make you another blueberry jam toast and coffee if you want."

"Don't trouble yourself, I'll make one myself", I smiled at her courtesy and begin to stand up and make my way to the kitchen.

But as soon as I stood up and walk to the kitchen, a pair of short legs wrapped in a green peas pajama stopped my way. I was then stormed by the familiar scent of citrus and sandalwood. Taeyeon has stood up from her position and stood very close to me. She was probably only 10 cm away from me. Within this little distance, I could see her unruly undone eyebrows, her lily-white brown eyes, the perfect complexion of her incredible soft milky-white skin and that scent, that addictive scent of citrus. Instantaneously I feel like everything carries me to her, as if everything that exists within that quiet morning, aroma, light, fabric, were little boats that sail toward those isles of her. I could feel a warm touch upon my bony wrist and Taeyeon was closer than ever. I feel lightheaded by the closeness. As if her dazzling features weren't enough, her soothing scent keeps permeating from her body. 

"Don't trouble yourself. I can tell you are still sleepy", she said in a very composed manner.
I can't help but smile, my head signaled me to said thank you and move back to my sit. However, my heart, desire and any other functioning things in my body certainly said otherwise. Instead of saying thank you, I throw my body towards her, pulling her into an embrace. My head clearly asserted the idea for it begins to pounded hardly, sending me a wave of dizziness. I could feel her stiffened under my embrace and I started to regret my action. Just when I was about to let go of my arms who clung into her shoulder, she pulled me towards her calmly and her arms found its' way around my waist. She tilted her head and nestled her face in my neck. Her breath is very warm and steady, she continued to rest her face in my neck and slowly breathing, sending me a wave load of shiver throughout my whole body. 

"Though you smell nothing like a freshly brewed coffee but your scent is as addictive as coffee," Taeyeon half-whispered to me without leaving her current position.

I became even more stiff than before, incapable of making any remarks.

"I think I'm addicted to your scent."

I think I'm addicted to you, Kim Taeyeon. 

I wasn't ready for another surprising attack for I'm afraid that I might definitely faint if Taeyeon continues to makes my heart rapidly beating like this. As if she wasn't attacking enough, I suddenly felt a lukewarm and soft touch upon my neck. The sensation was so marvelous I did not care anymore and closed my eyes, savoring every moment and every touch of her smooth lips upon my bare neck. Even her kisses were done in a very polite manner, she kissed my neck once, twice, third and then she stopped. She pulled away from my embrace and fixated her eyes to me, any minute now and I would faint. The tranquil and peaceful morning in this dorm seemed to stop although I could feel the world is moving around us. But Taeyeon and I, and the quietness of the pastel-colored dorm, the mixture of coffee, blueberry jam, fresh toast, her scent, my scent seems to blurred and towars a hole of infinity where everything stopped. It feels like I've known her forever in this infinity. The gleam of her eyes, her complexion, her scent, her movements, all appeared familiar to me, as though, in our previous life, in a world of dreams, my soul had lived side by side with hers, had sprung from the same essence. It was predestined that we should be brought together again. It was inevitable that I should be close to her in this life. I thought to myself, does lovers always experience the feeling that they have seen each other before and that a mysterious bond has long existed between them?

"Did I upset you?", she asked me and  her eyes  were visibly filled with concerns. The sound of her sweet voice wake me up from my thoughts and the world swiftly moved in rythm with both of us again.

I shook my head, I mustered all the courage in me to answer her with words.

"It's okay Taengoo, I hugged you first."

"I stole a kiss from you last night", she said nonchalantly but I could see a hint of redness in her ears. Cute, I thought, she looks like a freezing reindeer but upon realizing her confession, my eyes widened with disbelief. Then it wasn't a dream, she did kiss me last night.

"Pardon?"

"Aniyo Sica!", she suddenly became edgy and anxious, the redness in her ears spread throughout her face,"I mean in the cheek, it wasn't anything ert-ish!"

I laughed amusingly seeing her priceless reaction. She undeniably looked like a little kid with that dorky reaction of her. If only she knows that I wouldn't mind at all if she kissed me in the lips. 

"So the coffee and toast? Aren't you hungry?"

I smiled and shooked my head. Spending this peaceful morning with her was enough nutrition for the whole day.