The One Week Holiday

Simple Song

"Took a train to the river where I dove right in
That skinny dipping girl made the blue bird sing
Fell in love in California, she blew my mind
She shot me down with her revolver, she got me high
Then the weather man came on the radio, said there'll be sunshine
Then all the colors of the rainbow fell in my mind" - Angus & Julia Stone.

 

The pastel-colored living room was buzzing with thrilled noises of its' residents. Each person in the room was busy either talking or doing their own thing. Hyoyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, and Sunny were clustering in the main cushion. Their eyes fixated into the large TV in front of them. Seohyun was busy in the kitchen, melting down cheeses in the pan and putting chips into a big white bowl. The appetizing smell of melting cheese soon surrounded the whole apartment, attracting their starving residents. Sooyung and Yoona dashed towards kitchen, disrupting Seohyun's quiet time. Their eyes wrapped up around the bowl of chips.

 

"Unnie! It's not done yet, just wait in the living room", Seohyun pleads in despair watching both shiksin attacking the chips.

Both Sooyoung and Yoona mutters incomprehensible words while keep munching their chips.

"Ow cent duw, thz izz dliciuzz."

"Aish unnie, don't talk while you are chewing!"

 

A sweet chuckle resonated in the kitchen, attended by abashing laugh.

"Kids, you all need to get to the living room. Seohyun, let's go. I need to make an announcement."

Taeyeon was standing in the kitchen door. Still half smiling and laughing. She was thoroughly amused by her member dorkiness. She always thought that their dorkiness becomes their utmost selling point, because not only they are gorgeous but they are actually a silly and funny ordinary being. Humans, like the rest of their fans.

---------------------------------------------

Everyone gathered in the living room at the sound of Taeyeon's command. The living room was immediately subdued, the TV was muted off and the only sound resonating was the sound of Sooyoung and Yoona munching their chips.

"I'm pleased to tell you that our concert went successfully. The company is really proud of us for pulling out a successful debut concert. Therefore, we were granted a one week holiday off before we move to our next schedule."

Almost as if the room was washed with a wave of happiness, the room suddenly turns brighter and the happiness of the members permeated towards every stuff in the room. In a very comfortable manner, the room became warmer and pleasant as if it's is infected by an injection of happiness.

 

Taeyeon remained silent. She indulges herself in her member's happiness. Finally when the crowd's noise died down, Taeyeon speaks up again,

"However, I'm terribly sorry that I can't pursue our opportunity to spend the holiday with our dearest family member. Due to upcoming hectic schedule, the company required us to spend this one week holiday together."

Taeyeon shifted uncomfortably before continuing her announcement. "As a leader, the company left the decision to me and I had to decide right away so I'm sorry again for not discussing the destination of our holiday with all of you. I chose America as our destination. We are going to start in New York and go west towards California."

The room suddenly bursted out into another celebration noise.

"Kid leader you are the best!", Sunny punches her fist towards the air and joins the celebration dance with Yuri, Yoona, and Hyoyeon.

Sooyoung wraps her long arms around Taeyeon and kisses her cheeks. "Thanks! You are our cool leader! America we are coming wohooo!"

Tiffany comes into Taeyeon's side and hug Taeyeon's arm, not letting it go. Tiffany lets out her adorable eyesmile and rests her head in Taeyeon's shoulder. "See how happy the kids are. Thank you as well, it's been a long time since I visit home." Tiffany proceeds to kiss Taeyeon's cheeks.

Taeyeon then announces that they will be going to America with the earliest plane tomorrow night and tell all her member to rest well and prepare their luggage for one week stay. The members listen intently and finally one by one they make their way into their room, leaving Taeyeon alone in the living room or so she thoughts.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey", sweet treble voice greets Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was startled thinking she was finally alone, but she suddenly becomes glad when she saw the owner of the voice.

 

"Did I scare you?", she chuckles, clearly entertained by Taeyeon's expression.

"Hahaha, not really. You were so quiet. I didn't realize you're still here."

"Am I that unnoticeable", she mutters it in a very low voice, almost as if she's going to talk to herself. Nonetheless, Taeyeon was in a position to hear what the petite girl said.

"Quite the opposite really. Who wouldn't notice the Ice Princess?", Taeyeon teases the other girl in a playful manner, seeing her somber reaction after Taeyeon said she didnot even notice her.

"The kid leader", Jessica, the Ice Princess, lets out another small comment, her voice grew fainter and this time Taeyeon didn't hear Jessica's comment.

 

Jessica proceeding to take a vacant spot beside Taeyeon. She rests her head in Taeyeon's shoulder.

Taeyeon's body tensed up when Jessica's smooth hair and strawberry scent abruptly intruding all her five senses.

Sound, in the quietness of the room, she can only hear Jessica's leisurely breath and a low buzzes of air con's machine.

Sight, in her current position, Taeyeon can trace Jessica's stunning feature: the pronounced jaw, the exquisite shape of her nose, the magnificent eyebrows. Even with Jessica's eyes closed, Taeyeon can outline the royal aesthetic features that Jessica posses. Jessica's beauty leaves Taeyeon's breathless and out of speeches.

Touch, Taeyeon's finger slowly tracing Jessica's face and upon the first touch, it sends down an electrifying sensation to Taeyeon's body. Jessica's skin feels very soft in Taeyeon's finger and it calms her in a bizarre way she can't really comprehend.

Smell, Taeyeon indulges herself in the tangy and sweet scent of Jessica's body. A flawless mixture of strawberry and vanilla, blending with Jessica's own scent.

Taste, a taste of sweetness occupied Taeyeon's mouth when she proceeds ever so slowly towards Jessica's cheek. Stealing her first cheek to Jessica, quietly, when she's convinced that Jessica is sleeping.

Taeyeon grabbed her iPod slowly, scared of waking Jessica from her peaceful sleep. After she grabbed her iPod, she puts Jessica's head in her lap and rests her own body towards the pillow at the end of the cushion.

"She shot me down with her revolver, she got me high
Then the weather man came on the radio, said there'll be sunshine
Then all the colors of the rainbow fell in my mind"

Taeyeon forgot how long has it been since she had a dreamless and peaceful sleep.