Blackout?

Simple Song

Jessica arrived at a deserted dorm, the pastel-colored living room was lifeless and none of her members were around.  She scratched her head feeling confuse about her members whereabout when suddenly a blackout occurred and instinctually Jessica screamed her trademark dolphin squeal 

 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkk." 

A subdued thump of things being moved can be heard from around the dark corner of SNSD's living room. Jessica was irrefutably frightened for her life, fearing that someone broke into SNSD's dorm and has taken her members as captive. She deliberately crouched in fear and started to whispers to herself incoherently. 

Meanwhile, around the dark corner where the subdued thump was heard, four figures were cramped inside a storage. 

"Where the hell is Kim Taeyeon, what takes her so long?! Jessica will pass out by the time she arrives!" 
"Quiet Hyo! She'll hear us if you don't shut your mouth."
The figure who squatted the furthest from the storage's door was putting her hand on , subduing her outburst of laughter after hearing Jessica's dolphin squeal. 
"Yah, danshin! Stop laughing and call the other danshin and tell her to hurry up before Sica passed out." 
"Tell her don't forget to pick the cream cheese cake with blueberry jam on it." 
"Seriously, is this your birthday or Sica's birthday," Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at Sooyoung who requested a certain type of cake. 
After regaining her composure and steadying her breath, Sunny took her phone from her pocket and started to dial Taeyeon's number. 
"Taeyeon hurry up! I think she's crying right now." 
From the end of the receiver Taeyeon half-screamed half-confused answered Sunny,"Why would she be crying? What did you guys do to her? I thought you're just going to lounge around the living room until I make an entrance with a birthday cake." 
Hyoyeon and Sooyoung both motioned Sunny to hand over the cellphone to one of them and Sooyoung, being the one with longer arm, was able to grab the phone before Hyoyeon who playfully poke Sooyoung's head. 
"That is why you need to lighten up a bit and watch drama series, Tae. We customized the plan to spice it up a bit. Just hurry! Don't forget cream cheese with blueberry." 
Sooyoung clicked off the phone leaving Taeyeon puzzled and annoyed in the end of the receiver. 

In the meantime in a pastry shop near SNSD's dorm, Taeyeon and Tiffany were just finishing buying cake for Jessica's surprise birthday bash. Taeyeon finished, or rather, being finished called by the others was trying to summon Tiffany but stop when Tiffany motioned that she's having a phone call.

"Pany-ah, tell Taeyeon you've been called to the company for a re-recording session and stay at the lobby to make sure that Taeyeon is really going in a rush to the dorm."
"She wouldn't believe it, don't you think?" 
"You're right....Ottoke...." 
"Use your puppy eye-smile eyes and tell her you're really sorry and you love her but Jessica must've been at the dorm already and she really needs to be fast and musn't keep Jessica waiting," suddenly Yuri's voice was replaced by a mix between Hyoyeon's voice and Sooyoung's remarks in the background. 

Tiffany sighed, she knew that it's a bad idea to agree to Yuri, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung's ideas to 'spice things up for Jessica's birthday surprise'. 
"Taetae, mianhae...I really have to go the company right now for a re-recording. You must go right now to the dorm, Jessica must've been waiting," Tiffany planted a kiss on Taeyeon's cheek and run as quickly as she can before Taeyeon was able to call her and ask what's with the sudden call to the company during their break. 

Taeyeon grunted at Tiffany's sudden departure and the weird behaviour that made her think that the SNSD pranksters must've been up to something not good. As Taeyeon continued to ponder what actually happened at the dorm, Tiffany squatted under the lobby's receptionist desk of their dorm, waiting for Taeyeon's arrival to the lobby. 

Taeyeon walked in a few minutes later with a bag of birthday cake in her hand. Tiffany reached to her pink phone and called Yuri. 

"She's coming up, Yul." 
"Great! You can go up too now, but make sure you stay undetected by Taeyeon, okay?" 
"Arasseo," Tiffany answered Yuri and tiptoed to the elevator once she's sure Taeyeon already made her way to the dorm. 

Concurrently, Jessica still squatted in the dark, unmoved from her previous position when she heard a click on the door alerting her that someone was going inside. Jessica shutted her eyes while her mind running wild and she squealed again but then stopped when she heard a familiar voice.

"Sica-yah! What happened?? Are you okay?" 

Jessica opened her eyes and in the dark she saw a glimpse of Taeyeon's figure and milky white face illuminated by a candle. She crashed herself into Taeyeon's neck and sobbed. Taeyeon, with one of her hand carrying a birthday cake and the other hand caressing Jessica's smooth blonde hair muttered,"Damn kids can't be trusted with a simple plan....." 

In an instant the light was on again in the SNSD's dorm and from the storage came a loud voice of Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri, and Sunny while Tiffany entered from the hallway all singing and cheery. 

"SAENGIL CHUKA HAMNIDAAA! SAENGIL CHUKA HAMNIDAAAA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU." 

Jessica finally let go of her arms around Taeyeon's waist and squeak while throwing a murderous glare around her members. But she can't help but to smile because she knew her members mean well, setting her up with Taeyeon. Taeyeon was visibly more annoyed than Jessica, being tricked into a plan when she wasn't the one whose having birthday. 

Her members hugged Jessica simultaneously while Taeyeon looked from outside the group hug, smiling because she's actually somewhat thankful with the pranksters plan. 

"There princess, blow your candles, the little prince is waiting."

Taeyeon grunted again, too lazy to reply to Hyoyeon's remark. She moved closer to Jessica and Jessica smiled a shy smile directly to Taeyeon, making Taeyeon feeling lightheaded with Jessica's adorableness. 

Jessica closed her eyes to make a wish, but, instead of cupping her hand together, she reached out to Taeyeon's wrists. Taeyeon smiled at Jessica's movement, feeling indubitably shy she can actually feel her face burning up. The members exchanged agreeing look around each other and Jessica finally open her eyes and blew the candles. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay, this is just a filler story because it's already quite late at night and I've to go to the office tomorrow and yet I find myself missing Jessica and OT9. Eventhough Jessica's birthday is still later on April 18th, I wrote this because I just saw the last picture of the nine of them celebrating Jessica's birthday (Which was uploaded by Taeyeon to Instagram but I can't seems to find it anymore, has she deleted it?) Anyway, enjoy the story, and I apologize if it's still lacking in TaengSic interaction.