The Moon

Simple Song

 

"She was like the moon - part of her was always hidden away"

 

"So it is settled that you guys are going to have your first solo concert this year."
The announcement sets the room in commotion, everyone's mouth was wide open with disbelief. Two years after their debut and they're going to have their first solo concert ever, anxiety swept over the room, creeping quietly like a faint light of sunshine in the winter. 

"Do you think we can do it?", a soft voice reacted quietly besides a small figure with a shoulder-length blonde hair.
"Jessica. Well, we have to believe in ourself that we can do it. I believe in us, this is a great chance to show our fans how much we love them, right?"
A figure by the name of Jessica smiled propitiously upon hearing the assurance by her leader, Taeyeon.
"You're damn positive."
Taeyeon snickered at Jessica's comment,"I'm anything but positive, Sica. But I have to, I am not going to let myself swept by anxiety or nervousness. Leader has to boost their member's morale."
Jessica laughed seeing Taeyeon clenching her hand in a fist and punching it in the air,"What a dork", she whispered quietly and look at Taeyeon with a delighted smile.

Taeyeon's POV

There's something about her that always seems secluded. I can't help but notice it everytime she talks, it's like she wants to say something from A to Z but ended up only telling from A to E or I, but never to Z. Usually, eyes and facial expression can't ever lie. You could tell a lot by looking at someone's eyes and face. Like how I know that Sooyoung's been eating the chocolate that I put on the fridge or how I know that Soonkyu's been using cheats to beat me in games. But it's not working with her, something always tell me that she means something else even if she puts on a quite clear facial expression. She's gorgeous, but that's not why I was attracted at her for the first time, she possess a clouded absolute quality of beauty which was veiled by her ice princess persona. She can fool the world, but she can't fool me. 

Jessica's POV

It's awe-inspiring how she always remain positive even in time when everything is so nerve-wrecking. I remember back in 2007 when I was so worried about being debuted that I kept on making mistakes in our dance routine. I was frustrated so I walked outside to take a breath of fresh air when I heard someone's foot steps following me. It was her, a child-like smile on her face greeting me. I instantly bursted into tears and she pulled me into a very warm embrace until I stopped crying. 

"Want to tell me what's wrong?"
"I don't even know what's wrong Taeyeon."
She laughed at my answer and I laughed with her, and I immediately feel better and much....stronger.
"Into the new world has such a complicated choreography. I always messed up my part, thank God we have Hyoyeon, right?", she looked at my direction, still with a child-like smile on her face. 
"Not as bad as I messed up mine."
"You're alright. I come here to become a singer, I thought I'll catch up on my dancing later. I struggled so hard in dancing but I will not give up, not when I have eight person who will always back me up when I fall. Sometimes you just have to jump out of the window, greet the world, and let the wings grow on the way down."
I didn't say anything back but I feel a warm touch upon my hand, she was holding my hand tightly and she gave me an assuring smile. When I looked at her that day, I felt like I was given an assurance that no matter how high I fly, if I fall back, there'll be someone at the bottom who will catch me. Now and then It’s really hard when we have a full schedule since we aren’t able to sleep, so we get emotionally and physically tired. But every time that happens, I see that the other eight members are performing as much as I am while being as tired as I am. They, being my members, are my companions, and I get the strength to continue on. I just get strength from them because we’re together, and Taeyeon is the first one that reminds me of that. 
"Hey, Jessica Jung Sooyeon?"
"Yes?"
"Let's grow a pair of beautiful wings together."

 

Everyone were quiet in the van back to their dorm. The twin troopers, Yoona and Yuri, were sleeping with their head on each other. Maknae was listening intently to her iPod with Tiffany and Soonkyu's head in both side of Seohyun's shoulder, they were sleeping so soundly with a peaceful expression. Sooyoung was staring outside the window and Jessica was sleeping beside her. Meanwhile, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon sit in the front, both were tired but couldn't manage to sleep. 

"Are you worried, Hyo?"
"About what?", Hyoyeon answered Taeyeon's question with another question.
"About having a solo concert", Taeyeon chuckles at Hyo's indifference, clearly nothing ever bother this girl, Taeyeon thought.
"I'm never worried, I have you guys. What's to worried about. Are you?"
"Still thinking about the Black Ocean incident, kind of afraid that no one will buy our tickets. I don't want the girls to be sad, I hate to see that."
"I'll sell our tickets door-to-door if necessary", Hyoyeon responded to Taeyeon half-jokingly.
Taeyeon can't help but let out a laugh upon hearing Hyoyeon's respond, she felt an immediate feeling of positiveness. Taeyeon always admire Hyoyeon's positive outlook and comedic relief in in the most grime situation.
"I will help you then", Taeyeon smiled at Hyoyeon and drifted away to sleep seconds afterwards.

-------------------------------