She's A Star.

Simple Song

Taeyeon is waken up by the sound of her alarm clock, she looks up from her bed and sees that Sunny is already gone from her bed. She lazily drag her feet to the adjoined area of kitchen and living room, finding Sooyoung munching what might be her second bowl of cereal and Yoona who might be cooking her second breakfast along with Seohyun who appears to be scolding Yoona who plays around too much in the kitchen.

"Yoona unnie stops! You're going to burn this kitchen if you keep playing around."

Yoona lets out her alligator laugh, obviously amused and entertained with Seohyun's reaction of her silliness. 

"Oi kids," Taeyeon greets them.

Sooyoung stays focus in her second bowl of cereal and waves half-heartedly to Taeyeon without even looking up from her bowl and Yoona and Seohyun greets her in unison with a joyous voices. 

Taeyeon smiles, it's been a rare occurence, waking up in the morning and finds out the others still in the dorm. 

Sooyoung finally finishes her second bowl of cereal with a loud slurping voice and speaks to Taeyeon.

"Someone made you breakfast, it's in the fridge. Hurry before I change my mind to eat my third meal for breakfast."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at Sooyoung and her voracious hunger. She can't believe this giraffe eats so much and yet still manage to maintains her slender figure. 

She proceeded to the fridge and find a light blue lunchbox with a sticky notes on top of it.

"I made you hiyashi chuuka. I know it's your favorite food. Have a great breakfast and text me when you wake up. - J"

Taeyeon's cheek is flustered and apparently it doesn't go unnoticed by Yoona who quickly makes her way besides Taeyeon and teases her. 

"The Ice Princess is melting~~~~" 

Taeyeon throws a murderous look to Yoona who continously teases her about her flustered cheek. 

"You might need me to test the food first. It could be poisonus if she's the one who makes it. I'm pretty tough when it comes to food," Sooyoung joins the conversation while peeking at the lunchbox. 

"Thanks for your offer, Soo. But I recall you already eat two bowls of cereal," Taeyeon shakes her head, baffled with Sooyoung's never ending hunger. 

Taeyeon leaves the lunchbox at the dining table and quickly makes her way to her room, taking her phone and scrolling the top message, she finds the last message from Jessica. 

'Are you still in the company? I'm going to sleep soon... text me later. Nighty night, Taengoo <3'

She smiles at the heart emoticon and when she's about to reply Jessica's message, a series of message from 'Shikshinshidae' group comes flooding. Annoyed with the continous notifications, she opens up the group conversation, wondering what are her members talking about this early in the morning. 

Im Yoong: Sica unnieeeee, makes me breakfast too.

[Im Yoong posted a photo]

Soo: Yah, Sica! I wake you up everyday but you never make me breakfast! 

Seororo: Lol. 

Hyorengi: Well, Soo. You seems to be more than capable of making breakfast on your own. 

Kwon Yul: Second that, Hyo. She's the master of breakfast, considering the two box of cereals (that I like so much) are gone within ONE WEEK. 

Soo: Shush you two. This is not about me. 

Sunny: You guys are unbelieveable. 

Sunny: Where's the subject of this conversation though? Not ready to 'come out' ? LOL.

Jessica: You're all dead. 

Xolovestephi: Wow, Jessi. I never even make breakfast for Taeyeon. 

Jessica: Do not, Tiff. D O N O T 

Xolovestephi: What? Just sayin'. Is TaeTae even alive after eating your cooking? Where's she?

Soo: She's in her room. Probably crying. 

Jessica: Tiffany Hwang, you are dead.

Xolovestephi: I'm scared. TaeTae, why do you choose this phsyco over me?

Kwon Yul: You have me, Pany. Why do you choose the danshin over me?

Soo: *barf*

Hyorengi: Are you vomiting because you eat too much breakfast again, Soo?

Soo: Shush Hyo. 

Kim Taeyeon stares in disbelief at the group conversation and finally typing her responds. 

Kim T: WTF

Xolovestephi: language, TaeTae.

Seororo: Taeyeon Unnie, you musnt' use that kind of language.

Hyorengi: WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF. 

Seororo: Hyo unnie!!!!!!!!

Hyorengi: :P 

Kim T: Don't you guys have other thing to do?

Kwon Yul: We're free from schedule today, buddy. 

Kim T: Are we?! How come?!

Jessica: It's our concert next week, Taengoo. So we have full week free of schedule.

Xolovestephi: :( Now you have Jessi to reminds you of schedule and stuffs, TaeTae. What am I in your life?

Soo: WTF

Hyorengi: WTF

Im Yoong: WTF

Sunny: MEGA WTF

Kwon Yul: I still need someone to remind me of schedule, Pany ;)

Seororo: I think we need to adjust the use of harsh language in this conversation.

Kim T: I'm out of this nonsense.

 

Taeyeon smiles and then laugh a little, she's actually happy about how loud the group conversation is this morning. It's been quite long since they talk about nonsense in their group convo. Usually it's just a forum where they ask where the others are and what time their schedule is going to be over and other job-related stuffs. She fiinally returns back to what she's about to do first, texting Jessica. 

'Hey, good morning princess. Thank you very much for the breakfast, it's so nice of you. I'll eat it well~'

Not even a minute later, she receives a respond.

'Glad you'll eat it. I hope it won't poison you :P' 

She's about to reply the message again but decided to just call Jessica. One..two..three.. beep and Jessica still hasn't answer, anxiety starts to build up in her head.

'She replies my text message so fast but she won't answer my call.....'

Just about when she's about to hang up, a sweet voice answers her call.

"Hey, Taengoo. Sorry for not answering right away, I'm with SooJung."

"She doesn't know?"

"About what?"

"Never mind. Are you at your parents house?"

"You're weird. But I happen to like weirdo. No, I'm at f(x)'s dorm, they're moving in together today, so I'm helping SooJung with her stuffs."

"Ah I see. What are you doing later?"

"Nothing I guess. Head out to the dorm but maybe still later in the afternoon."

"Hmmm.."

"Hmm? Are you heading out to Jeonju this week?"

Taeyeon wants to ask Jessica out for dinner but she doesn't have the courage but she can't just let this chance to slipped away and now that Jessica asks her whether she's heading out to Jeonju this week, she realizes that they have a whole week without schedule together and she might need to find excuses to her parents on why she wouldn't be able to come home. 

"No. Shall we have a trip sometimes this week?"

"With the others?"

"Well....if you want the others to come it's fine," Taeyeon hesitates.

Jessica chuckles and Taeyeon feels a tingling sensation at her stomach. 

"Do you want it to be a trip just for both of us or together with the others?" 

"I..", Taeyeon hesitates again and Jessica chuckles again when she catches the hint of nervousness in Taeyeon's voice. 

"So.....?" Jessica teases Taeyeon, amused at Taeyeon's shyness. 

"Can we just go together?" Taeyeon finally musters her courage to say what she wants and Jessica is smiling widely at the end of the receiver, thankful for Taeyeon's courage. 

"Of course, Taengoo. All you need is just to ask," Jessica assures Taeyeon.

Taeyeon can't help but to hide her grin and once again her silly member, Im Yoona the mischiveous kid, catch her grinning like an idiot and doesn't let the chance to leader slip away just like that.

SICA UNNIE, TAEYEON UNNIE IS GRINNING WIDELY. 

Jessica chuckles when she hears Yoona's voice.

"She really is something that Im Choding."

Taeyeon laughs when she hears Jessica's laugh over the phone while maintaining to throw out threatening look to Yoona. 

"Talking about asking......Will you have dinner with me tonight?"

"Well this is the first."

"What?"

"You're asking me out."

"No! It's just..." Taeyeon stutters and Jessica laughs even louder than before.

"Easy, Taengoo. I'm just teasing you. Okay then, I'll see you later at the dorm and we can talk more about the date." 

"O..kay.." Taeyeon stutters again and finally she ended the phone with a flustered cheek. 

 

Just when she ended the phone call with Jessica, she's greeted by a loud husky voice.

"GOOD MORNING TAETAEEEEE~~~~~~"

"Hey Pany-ah," Taeyeon smiles when she sees Tiffany still in her shocking pink pajamas. 

"You're red like a tomato by the way. Jessi just called?"

"What?" Taeyeon asks Tiffany, baffled with Tiffany's question.

"That means yes. Where's she by the way? She's not in the dorm and she's up early. That's quite strange."

"She's at f(x)'s dorm, helping SooJung," Taeyeon answers nonchalantly.

"Oh God, how I miss to have someone talks to me over their daily schedule in the morning," Tiffany sighs while heading out to the kitchen and grabbing the cereal box.

"Seriously Sooyoung!? The cereal is out again?! How many cereal bowl does she eat in the morning!" Tiffany lets out her loud voice, calling out the suspect from her room who shrugs her shoulder with innocence.

"I'm hungry after sleeping, it's not my fault. Blame my metabolism."

Tiffany rolls her eyes at Sooyoung. 

"What am I supposed to eat?"

"Sorry, Pany-ah, I'm not sharing my breakfast...." Taeyeon responds to Tiffany who pouts cutely like a small kid to Taeyeon.

"Love changes you, Taetae."

Taeyeon drops her chopstick when she hears Tiffany's respond, and once again she's red like a fresh tomato. 

"Just kidding, hahaha. Jessi's going to cry if you share the breakfast with anyone, especially me. So eat that breakfast well!"

Tiffany procedeed to the kitchen area, finding an oatmeal and quickly makes an oatmeal after innocently stealing some of freshly-cut strawberries from Seohyun's fruit salad plate. Afterwards, Tiffany sits besides Taeyeon who eats her breakfast quietly in front of the TV who currently plays Yoona's drama. 

"Are you finally talking again to her?"

Taeyeon shifts her gaze from the TV towards Tiffany, throwing a questioning look at her best friend's question.

"You are the master of playing dumb and not answering questions. Let me make this clear to you, are you, Kim Taeyeon, finally talking again to Jessica Jung SooYeon?" 

Taeyeon laughs at Tiffany's questions, she shakes her head, sometimes it's funny how contradictory their characters are. The loud, outspoken, extroverted Tiffany and the quiet, timid, introverted Taeyeon. But they're like the side of opposite magnet, finding connection in an uncanny situation. 

"What do you think? Anyway, isn't it me that supposed to ask that question to you? You guys ended your cold war?"

"Jessi's right, you're the queen of retorting back all questions. Now, since I'm not and after I answer this I expect you to not beat around the bush with my questions, here's my answer," Tiffany looks sternly at Taeyeon, annoyed at Taeyeon's habit of never answering questions.

Taeyeon furrows her unruly eyebrows, waiting for an answer from Tiffany.

"We did. How you might question? Well, yes I do love you as a best friend, I consider you're my closest member out of the others but then again Jessica and I, we have a long history and an undeniable connection. I guess it's the culture we shared or I don't know, but I can't stand being an by ignoring her just because you, midget, favor her over me. After that stupid thing that I did back then in my room with you, I talked to her the next day. I explained to her how I really love you, as a friend, and I didn't trust her of liking you because of certain things."

Slowly munching her cold noodles, Taeyeon nods her head to Tiffany's answer and carries on to ask another question.

"How's her response then?"

Tiffany sighs, putting her bowl of oatmeal in the coffee table in front of them and fully turn her body towards Taeyeon.

"Kim Taeyeon, for someone so small in figure and few in words, you are quite an ."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean........? What did she says?" Taeyeon is taken aback by Tiffany's answer and follows Tiffany's action of putting back her food in the coffee table. 

"You might think she says an awful things about you. But, actually, when we finally talked about it, Jessi explains to me about everything. When she started to like you, why she started to like you, how she started to like you, Taeyeon this, Taeyeon that, Taeyeon bla bla bla," Tiffany rans her finger through her dark brown flawless long hair and throws a y look at Taeyeon in which Taeyeon understands, she must've been irked by Taeyeon's behavior towards Jessica. 

"When Jessi started to explain it to me, I come to a realization, she's that much head over heels towards you. I still scolded her though, for not telling me about it earlier because if only she told me about it, I wouldn't be so dumb to be a to her over you heartless midget."

Instead of scaring her with her annoyed lectures, Taeyeon finds it amusing how Tiffany is finally opening up her eyes and hearts and see the truth behind Jessica's feeling for her. Taeyeon was tortured back then and one of the reason she avoided Jessica is because she doesn't want to ruin Jessica and Tiffany's relationship further. She thought by avoiding Jessica, Tiffany will finally easen up to Jessica, and Tiffany did ease up but for a completely different reason. 

"We talked last night, Pany." 

"I know," Tiffany answers nonchalantly, picking up her bowl of oatmeal again.

"Wait? How comes you know everything?!"

Tiffany shrugs her shoulder,"I'm not answering. And then?"

"Well, I asked her out for dinner today."

Tiffany suddenly brightens up and her annoyed look is replaced with a huge smile which makes her eyes disappear into a cresent-moon shape. 

"FINALLY YOU USE THAT BRAIN OF YOURS," Tiffany shouts, too loud that everyone who are not paying attention starts to turn their attention towards Taeyeon and Tiffany.

"Who does?", a sound comes out from the corridor, followed by a tall figure with a tan complexion who proceeds to sit nears Taeyeon and Tiffany. Not long after, another short figure follows and they're all circling around Taeyeon, ganging up on her. 

"Seriously...." Taeyeon falls back to the chair in disbelief, seeing Tiffany, Sunny, and Yuri who sits in front of her, seemingly prepared to ask a list of questions to her. 

"So you guys are back together?" Yuri throws the first question.

"They're not even together, right, Tae?" Sunny corrects Yuri's question, asking for a confirmation from Taeyon whose face now resembles a boiling crab.

"I..We...We talk again, yes."

"I know it!" Another voice joins a conversation, followed by a mischiveous smile and a shoulder-length brown hair. 

All heads turns to the voice who turns out to be Hyoyeon, who stills wrapped up in a towel.

"You barbarous creature, wear your clothes first!" Yuri yells at Hyoyeon who seems to not care about her complain and proceeds to join the group in their interrogation. 

"So, you know what, Hyo?" Yuri asks Hyoyeon, her face clearly shows a sign of disagreement towards Hyoyeon who refuses to change her towel with a proper clothes.

"I thought I'm a barbarous creature? Should I talk in a jungle language?

"Cut it out you two, we don't have much time to interrogate this danshin," Sunny cuts out Yuri and Hyoyeon's bickering. 

"Look who's talking....," Taeyeon mumbles, annoyed at Sunny who calls her danshin when she's herself also danshin. 

"Ehem, are you guys going to listen to me?" Hyoyeon coughs a little to bring back the attention to her. 

Everyone nods, including Taeyeon, whose curious about Hyoyeon's explanation since she knows Hyoyeon is one of the closest member to Jessica. 

"Sica came to my room late at night yesterday, screaming her annoying dolphin scream and hugs me out of nowhere and when I ask what she's happy about, she just laughs and then disappears from my room..."

"And that explains about what........?" Yuri asks Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon turns her attention towards Yuri,"I know Sica's weird, like, super weird. But, that kind of reaction that I just talked about is usually about what? You should know, you're her seobang."

"Ah!" Yuri suddenly throw a fist to the air and her face brightens up as if she's just comes up with a new science invention.

"She did that too when she find out who she's going to shoot with for MTV," Sunny says out of the sudden. 

"And when we finished Horror Movie Factory shooting, the one when Jessi and I both went together to take a test paper from the creepy science room," Tiffany adds another explanation, her face filled with horror, probably remembering about the horrifying experiences she had. 

"And the night when we went for a cruise in New York," Yuri says while smiling brightly.

"We called it Taengoo's Melting Effect," Sunny, Yuri, and Hyoyeon says in unison and laugh joyfully when they realized they've been thinking about the same thing. 

"What the........," Taeyeon is speechless when she hears her members explanation. She's trying to process the fact that she has such a big effect on the Ice Princess and she doesn't even realize it.

'Am I that dense...'

Taeyeon suddenly stands up from her position, she feels like she's been slapped in the face with the facts her members just spread in front of her. No wonder Tiffany says she's an , she's been treating Jessica like these past few months and the many years before her confession. How could she does so much damage to someone she cares the most? 

She goes out from the dorm, her members exchanging glance from the others, when Tiffany about to rise up from her position to go after Taeyeon, Sunny signals her not to and tell her that she'll go instead. Tiffany complies, since she knows that Sunny is the best when it comes to consoling the leader and Sunny knows about the dynamic of TaengSic relationship from the beginning. Afterall, if it's not because of Sunny, both of them will still probably in the dark, cursing their cowardice. 

--

Sunny finds Taeyeon pondering in the park bench just beneath their dorm, she finds a spot besides Taeyeon and her sudden appearance startled Taeyeon, interrupting her from her deep thought. 

"What are you thinking, Taeyeon?"

"No, wait, don't answer," Sunny suddenly stops Taeyeon from speaking by putting her tiny hand in front of Taeyeon's face,"I know you will say 'nothing, I just need a fresh air."

Taeyeon smiles at her fellow danshin, amazed by her 'magic' ability to always guess Taeyeon's behavior and thinking correctly. 

"Are you like a psychic?" Taeyeon laughs, deep down she's happy Sunny is the one who goes after her. Beneath the aegyo persona and cute, cat-like, exterior, Taeyeon knows Sunny is probably the wisest and most mature out of all of the members. 

"Are you going to answer my question or do I need to let out what I'm thinking about what you're thinking and sees if it's right or not?"

"The latter works better I guess," Taeyeon shrugs her shoulder, half amused half annoyed. 

"So.... you're probably just get your heart broken when we blabbered about how Jessica's truly feeling about you? You probably have no damn idea she's that much into you that she likes you very much and now you're feeling guilty for being..well..being Kim Taeyeon."

"More or so," Taeyeon nodded weakly.

"Taeyeon, listen to me," Sunny grabs Taeyeon by both her shoulder and turns Taeyeon towards her direction.

Taeyeon just freeze in her position, puzzled, so many things are running wildly in her mind. 

"I'm going to tell you something, but," Sunny pauses, waiting for Taeyeon's reaction.

Taeyeon's finally reacting, she scrunches her eyebrows and says,"What? But, what?"

"You need to stop being stubborn and really listen to me and please don't do that overthinking you keep doing. You're thinking too much and eventually do the opposite of what you're really thinking. I'm not dumb and it's not like I didn't notice that you've been ignoring and avoiding Jessica, again, after you become so lovey-dovey after New York. Do you even realize how hurtful it was for Jessica?"

Taeyeon is deeply shocked by how direct Sunny is, sometimes scary Sunny is even scarier than Scary Tiffany, but, she manages to respond and answer Sunny's question,"I know I was stupid but when it comes to her, I'm truly lost, I want her and I need her but I don't know what to do and how to say anything to her." 

Both Taeyeon and Sunny stays silence for a while after Taeyeon's answer, Taeyeon stays silence because she can't believe what she just says to Sunny and how it is possible for her to open up to Sunny. Meanwhile, Sunny stays silence, trying to find the right words to say to Taeyeon. 

"You are whipped, Kim Taeyeon. If I were her, I'd probably move on and focus to someone who truly deserves my love. I know what I'm saying it's harsh and don't you dare avoiding her again because mind you what I'd say is 'If I were her'. But, Jessica is not me, Jessica is Jessica, the so-called Ice Princess is not an Ice Princess at all, she's anything but Ice Princess. She likes, no correction, loves you very much. Not even Tiffany could care about you more than her, and no, I'm not picking team, I say what I see. You've been making so many awful mistakes to her, you . But, I guess she's just blinded by love so much and she cares about you like literally, her whole world is you, she doesn't care anymore about your mistakes and whatever s you did to her won't change her feeling. Are you going to keep hurting someone like that?"

Taeyeon's face reddened, and she feels like her eyes are starting to becoming blurry with tears. Sunny just slapped her with words and in her mind suddenly all the moments of her being a to Jessica started to playing in a flashback motion. 

"I..don't," Taeyeon says, almost whispering.

"Shut up and cut it out I don't want to hear 'I don't deserve her'. Truth be told, yes you don't, but she chooses you and you know deep down you've chosen her as well. So cut out your bull, be the love that she deserves."

Taeyeon swipes the tears welling up in the corner of her eyes and then she faces Sunny's face again,"So, what should I do?"

"If you're a normal person, I'll say go figure it out yourself. But you're so hopeless. So here, listen, and don't be a stubborn . Just be there for her, Taeyeon. She just needs to know that she's worthy to be loved by you,"

Before Sunny finishes, Taeyeon cuts out her explanation,"Of course she's worthy to be loved. Not just by me, by everyone. She's.....wonderful, why would anyone hurt her?"

"Why would you?"

Taeyeon feels like her heart is a glass and the heart is being dropped and shattered to a million pieces by Sunny's question.

"I know you admire her, Taeyeon, let her know. It's that simple."

"Right..I'm sorry, for causing awkwardness in the dorm because of my action to her."

"You don't have to apologize to me, apologize to her."

"I will, Soonkyu, I will do whatever it takes to let her know that she's worthy of love, of course she is...she's a star."

 

Author's Note:

Hello Readers! Long chapter we have here, sorry for being able to write only once a month. This fic is not dead yet because there's still many stories left for TaengSic! I apologize there's not much TaengSic going on in this chapter, but more of it are coming! Please subscribe and upvote my story. Thank you and have a great night.