Lingering Premonition

Simple Song

The rain has been pouring continously since last night, covering Seoul in a deep lingering coldness of early Spring day. The sun hasn't been in sight for days in the land of morning calm and it hasn't been in sight for days in the residence of Seoul's heart and mind either. The sun clearly hasn't been in sight in the heart of the small figure with a long silky blonde hair whose laying awake in her bed, surrounded by her fluffy dolls and warm blanket. Her mind seems to wanders to a place untouched by no one but her. She seems to be lost in her own tought, it shows quite clearly in her pale, seamless face.

Her thought then abrutply cut by someone opening her room's door and barging in, putting another small figure beside her.
"Taeyeon-ah, are you thinking dirty thoughts?"
"What the hell Soonkyu.... I am just having a quiet time by myself. Why are you here?"
The other small figure with a perfect complexion and a face like cute cat whose name is Soonkyu then pouts hearing her friend's annoyed reaction.
"Don't put on your aegyo persona around me by pouting like an elementary kid who drops her ice cream in the ground. It doesn't work on me." the girl with the pale gets up from her bed and sit back to position herself in the edge of her bed.
"Taeyeon-ah! You are no fun!"
"I am not," the girl by the name Taeyeon put on another dreary face and soon she's back into her meandering thoughts.
"Yah Taeyeon! Listen to me! I need to talk about something."
Taeyeon, slightly uninterested, look at Soonkyu's face and ask her somewhat fatigued,"What? About your latest high score in game? Don't you go all happy on that, I am going to beat your score anytime soon."
"You meanies. I don't talk about game all the time," Soonkyu puts on another pout in her face and playfuly hitting Taeyeon with a fluffy doll.
Soonkyu then stops her playfulness and stare at Taeyeon's face in a slightly interrogative demeanor,"Kim Taeyeon."
The sudden change in Soonkyu's behavior grasp Taeyeon's attention,"Yes, Lee Soonkyu?"
Soonkyu take a deep sigh before she asks Taeyeon,"You know about SNSD pairing right? I am sure you know that you've been paired a lot with Tiffany. My point is, there will be no smokes without a fire, and I want you to be really honest to me about your feeling for Tiffany."
Taeyeon seems to be taken aback by Soonkyu's question and she squints her eyebrows before answering,"Yes of course I know about all the pairings. I mean, everyone of us knows and we are bonded naturally, plus it's just for fun. If the fans love it then as a good idol we have to make them happy. However, about my feeling for Tiffany? You know me very well Soonkyu and I consider you as my person, my bestfriend, I am not going to lie to you, ever. This is not the case of Kim Taeyeon not saying anything because she can't express it in words but I am not saying anything because I don't feel anything other than infinite friendly fondness towards Tiffany."

Both of the girls stay in a silent for a few minutes before Taeyeon opens up and say another explanation for Soonkyu who seems to be processing the previous explanation that Taeyeon gives to her.
"I will let you know if I am in love with anyone, particularly our own member. But judging from your observing nature, I guess you might know it even before I tell you."
Soonkyu then lets out a cutesy laugh followed by Taeyeon's puzzled expression.
"Kim Taeyeon, of course I know that you are not in love romantically with Tiffany, I just want to make sure. But... I am guessing that someone else has been causing a rain in your parade. Don't even defense yourself by saying you are not gloomy lately, that you are just that way naturally. Yes you are naturally sad because most of the time you keep your burden and secret to yourself. Most of the time you are afraid of bearing other people's with your problem. But these past few weeks you've been like you are in an entirely different dimension, you've been spacing out a lot."
Taeyeon smiles at her best friend's wittiness,"Have I really?, I am not even sure if someone's been raining on my parade. Perhaps it is just me."
Taeyeon then smiles again, but it's a sad smile, almost as if she's been brokenhearted before she even fall in love.
"It's another member, right? But not Tiffany," Soonkyu runs her finger through Taeyeon's smooth blonde hair and give her a pat in her shoulder before giving Taeyeon an assurance smile.
Taeyeon's heart skipped a bit by Soonkyu's statement, her face is covered in a vague expression, she wants to run badly from Soonkyu and her cleverness of guessing and put an end to her interrogation. She doesn't want Soonkyu to find out about it, even she, doesn't want herself to find out about it.
"Kim Taeyeon, do not run from your feeling or hide from the world. What if this person wants you to acknowledge your feeling and be brave about it?"
"Acknowledging my feeling would bring a trouble to the balance of the group and I love you all too much to even bother about my own feeling," Taeyeon sighs heavily, her face is dejected, she's almost crying.
"Taeyeon, you always care a lot about us and you always try your hardest to treat us all equally but having a profound feeling for someone is not a sin. You are only human, you don't have to have it together every minute of every day," Soonkyu reaches out Taeyeon's shoulder and pulling her into a comfortable hug.
"You are seriously not thinking that we would blame you for liking one of our member right? You are a leader, yes, but as much as you want us your member to be happy, we also want you as a leader to be happy."
"It's just Soonkyu, I don't want to be a lousy leader. I want to be good for all of you and I don't want my feeling to get in the way."
"Well Kim Taeyeon, you are a pabo yah. A fool. Do you even consider the other person's feeling? You've been very cold to her. ignoring her sometimes even avoiding her. She comes into a conclusion that you hate her? Is this what you want? for someone you adore so much to slipping away from your fingers when you have the chance to make her happy?"
Taeyeon still wearing a dejected face, get out from her bed and walking away towards the door before asking Soonkyu a question,"Hey Soonkyu, does sunflower always facing towards the sun?"
Soonkyu, puzzled by Taeyeon's bizzare question answer her confusingly,"Yes, it does. Sort of like your gaze always follow the Ice Princess's whereabout."