Happy Birthday

Simple Song

9th March 2009

"Saengil chukha hamnida! Saengil chukha hamnida! sarang ha neun -- woori leader! saengil chukha hamnida!"
"Happy 21st birthday Kim Taeyeon!!!!!!!", a triumphant voice followed by festive laughs echoed throughout the room, SNSD were celebrating Taeyeon's birthday by throwing her a small and intimate party only attended by all the member. The room was filled with a pleasing atmosphere and everyone was in a good mood, they were grateful that all of them can gather together and celebrating the much loved leader's birthday.

The girls were still clapping joyfuly, some of them blowing the birthday trumpet continously with a playful manner. The birthday girl was sitting on the sofa surrounded by her childlike members who were enjoying their precious moment. Taeyeon lets out her ahjumma laugh when she saw Yuri was doing one of her kkab dance along with Hyoyeon, Yoona and Sooyoung. What a choding, she thought, how cute they are and how thankful she was for having them as a member and of course, as a family.
"Aish you guys are such a kid! Sit down! Taeyeon hasn't blow the candles yet!", a loud voice interrupted the kkab dance routine. Manager Hwang is clearly displeased by the rowdy behavior of the chodings. 
The commander of the kkab crowds, Yuri, instructed her choding members to sit down and be quiet when she sees the infuriated expression in Tiffany's face,"Yah! Yah! Kid sit down! Mushroom manager is leashing out!"
Tiffany flicked Yuri's forehead teasingly and then hug her arms afterward,"I like good-mannered Yul Oppa. Now sit down and begin our prayer for Taeyeon, will you?"
Yuri grinned widely because of Tiffany's teasing flirtation and instantly change her manner into a good-mannered oppa.
"Now Taeyeon, say your prayer before blow the candles!", said Sunny who sat beside Taeyeon.
Taeyeon took a deep breath before closing her eyes and cupping her hand together. The room suddenly fell into a serene silent, everyone was looking at Taeyeon and mentally praying in their head for the leader's happiness and wellness in her new age.
"Done!", Taeyeon opened up her eyes and blow out the candles and then once again the room was filled with joyous clap. 
"Now first cake Taeyeon! first cake! And don't even dare giving the first cake to yourself!", Sooyoung's tall figure intruding into the crowds while she asked Taeyeon to formally give out the first cake.
"Aish really Soo, my first cake is for SNSD of course. Each and everyone of you."
"Nope can't do, dandyu! It is mandatory to formally give your first cake to one of your member", Sooyoung got her back up from none other than the mischiveous prank, Kwon Yuri.
Taeyeon exhaled quietly. Her eyes surveyed the room, greeted back by an eager look from the member when her gaze finally fell into a delicate petite figure who sat the furthest on the couch. The petite girl's brunette short hair fall down lovingly to her shoulder, she swept back all her bang backwards and it made Taeyeon can clearly see the flawless complexion of her small exquisite face. Jessica, Taeyeon recalled that Jessica hasn't say anything at all since the celebration begin, but Jessica is there, sitting in a poised manner as usual, looking back at her with a keen smile. Taeyeon unconsciously put her hand in her chest when she realized that her heart was suddenly beating rather rapidly by the sight of Jessica's smile. 
"Taetae, what's the matter? Why do you look bewildered out of a sudden?", Tiffany's voice startled Taeyeon who quickly regains her mindfulness.
"Aniyo, aniyo, I'm fine Fany-ah", Taeyeon answered calmly and then she reach out for the cake knife, cutting the first piece of cake carefully and put it in a plate. Everyone was watching Taeyeon, and they suddenly fell into an uncanny silent seeing Taeyeon's peculiar behavior, Taeyeon was acting in a very formal manner, it seems like she's going to do something important with the cake. When Taeyeon finished putting the cake in a plate, she promptly stood and make her way to the end of the couch. Everyone was still watching intently, not making any sounds, eager to know in which way Taeyeon is heading. Taeyeon then kneeled down to the same level of the couch and she extended her small, fragile arms before handing over the plate in a timid manner,"Sica, here's a first cake."
Jessica's face was entirely dumbfounded with a mix of astonishment and bashfulness. Jessica then reached out the plate that Taeyeon handed to her, put it in the table in front of her and promptly follow Taeyeon who had stood again from her previous kneeled position. She then proceeds to move closer to Taeyeon, leaving an inches apart between them, the interaction was still being watched intently by everyone in the room who now fell into a stupefied silent. Jessica unexpectedly planted a kiss on Taeyeon's cheek followed by a thank you and a gleaming beautiful smile that can only be heard and seen by Taeyeon. 

"Are you guys practicing a drama scenario or what?", the awkward silent that followed the occurence was then being broke out by Hyoyeon's playful remarks. The second after that, the room once again was filled with overwhelming noise of laughters and chatters between the girls. Both Taeyeon and Jessica was really thankful for Hyo's remarks, they were saved from bothersome questions about the peculiarity in their behavior and the intense interaction between them. Both didn't see it coming, even they were both astounded with what's just happened. 

--------------------

Taeyeon's POV
What the hell am I doing, why did I gave the first cake to Sica. People barely know that we are actually close but seeing her on the corner not saying anything makes me want to put my arms around her. I want her to know that she's important in my life and I want her to know that I think she's also close to me even though it seems like we are not. I want to be friend with her, a close one that is. I desperately want to open up myself like I open up to Soonkyu or Tiffany. But I'm too embarassed to make any move at all. Why the hell it's so easy with the others and so hard with her!

--------------------

"Unnie, you are zoning out again."
A calm and mature voice greeted Taeyeon's contemplation.
"Maknae", Taeyeon lets out an assuring smile to Seohyun and then put her arms around Seohyun's shoulder.
Seohyun embraced Taeyeon back and then she takes out something from her pocket,"A present for you Unnie, happy birthday, I hope you are always happy and become more relaxed in handling us."
"Why, thank you Seohyun, you are a very sweet maknae. How can't I not be relaxed when I have a maknae as obedient as you", Taeyeon tighten her hug in Seohyun, feeling thankful for the thoughtfulness of the maknae.
"It's a mini journal, Unnie. I know you have trouble in expressing your emotions and letting out your problems, now you can pour it all out in mini journal. Who knows if you will write a hit ballad song as well."
Taeyeon lets out an ahjumma laugh at Seohyun's remark about her. 
"There's a message on it as well Unnie, I hope you like your present."
Taeyeon smiles at Seohyun, she feels a definite fondness towards the maknae who always been the mature one out of anyone else in the group.
"Thank you, thank you very much, you are so toughtful. Saranghae woori maknae."
 

"Guys! Hey guys! Let's say our wishes for Taeyeon and play Truth or Dare afterwards!", Manager Hwang strikes back again and all the chodings pout hearing the instruction to stop their crazy activities. Everyone then gathered around once again at the couch, with Taeyeon in the centre. 
"Now let's start from maknae", Tiffany gave out yet another instructions. Taeyeon thought Tiffany is a good leader because she manages people so well, and she's outspoken and caring and protective. All the opposites of what Taeyeon is.
"Taeyeon unnie, happy birthday, thank you for being a caring unnie for me and being a good leader for SNSD. Please take care of your health, do not think of things that will stress you out. Saranghae~", Seohyun gave out the first wishes for Taeyeon.
Yoona whose next in the list and sat beside Taeyeon put her long, slender arms around Taeyeon before saying her wishes,"Unnie, I love you so much because you are the greatest leader ever. Please be happy and open up more to us!"
Taeyeon embraced Yoona back and said thank you in a low voice.
"Taengu, my dear Taengu, happy birthday you dork. I want to wish you a longer legs but that's rather impossible is it?", Sooyoung's remarks was greeted back by Taeyeon's merong and disagreement.
Everyone laughed and then Sooyoung continued her wishes,"I want you to be happy and always remember that we are a family no matter what. So no secrets, no lies, no more hiding your burden because you feel bad for us to share your burden."
All the girls nodded unanimously with Sooyoung's statement.
"Yah Kim Taeyeon, never stop  being a dork that we all love so much. Happy birthday, Taeng", Yul said her wishes and then Hyo,"I wish you all the good things in life leader, and do not be afraid to confront your feelings. Who knows you are both waiting", Hyo's wishes were greeted by an unanimous puzzled looks. 
"My Taetae", Tiffany puts on a very radiant eyesmile and blow a kiss towards Taeyeon,"I love you so much! You've always take a good care of me, if you are a guy I would fall for you definitely, please never forget to take a good care of yourself too and be happy in everything that you do. I'm sure you know and feel how much I am in love with you, right?"
"Thank you my beautiful Tiffany Hwang", Taeyeon answered back to Tiffany and create a heart shape with her hand. 
"My dandyu fellow with a big heart and melancholic upbringing, I love you", Sunny said to Taeyeon with playful exaggeration.
"Ah cut your drama, Soonkyu!", Taeyeon laughed at Sunny's behavior. 
"Eventhough you are always mean to me, but I love you and I hope you will continue to put on your best efforts for SNSD and for yourself. Happy Birthday, Kim Taengu dork."
"Hm", a soft voice came from Jessica's petite figure and everyone look at Jessica's direction. She's twiddling her fingers in an uneasy manner. Her face is aloof and blank, her usual face and then she fixated her brown dazzling eyes to Taeyeon. Taeyeon stopped her laugh and she stared back at Jessica with an intense gaze, she gulped once and once again she felt uneasyness in her heart, it begun to beat uncontrolably again. Everyone is now fell into another silent, they were observing closely and wondering why it seems like every time Taeyeon and Jessica interacting the room begin to burning in a sense of deep intimacy.
"Taengoo, I notice that you haven't been eating well and you always stay up very late and wake up very early in the morning. You are now filming WGM and have been DJ-ing, please eat well and sleep well so you don't get ill. I wish I can cook so I can fix you a meal when you're coming home late and not having anything to eat but hot cheetos. If you are stressed out please talk to the members so we can make you feel better by listening and who knows if we can help", Jessica paused her wishes and then she took a deep, quiet breath before once again fixated her gaze at Taeyeon and smile warmly,"Saranghae, Taeyeon-ah."
The room then filled with a loud claps from everyone while Taeyeon stood up from her couch, making her way to Jessica who still sat in the same position absentmindedly. Taeyeon smiled at Jessica who smiled back, and then Taeyeon sat beside Jessica. They both fell into silent for a long time, both were watching the others playing around teasing each other. Finally Taeyeon gathered the courage to speak up and hold Jessica's free hand, "Hmm. Sica? thank you for paying close attention to me. Nado."