Is She Good Enough?

Simple Song

"KWON YURI YOU ARE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", a loud childlike voice of Lee Soonkyu echoes through the pastel-colored dorm, breaking the silence of a peaceful warm morning in Seoul.

"What's with the commotion Soonkyu? It's freakin 8 in the morning. Go back to sleep," Hyoyeon's face is still swollen and yet she can't wipe the evil smirk on her face upon seeing Sunny's face.

Sunny glares at Hyoyeon and grab a pillow nearby from the sofa, ready to pull an assault at Hyoyeon,"I know you are involved Kim Hyoyeon"

Hyoyeon pulls out an innocent look and shrugs her shoulders, making a gesture that she's not involved in any of Yuri's prank. 

"Ouch", another voice joins the commotion. Taeyeon wakes up due to Sunny pulling out the pillow that she used for sleeping.

"Oh hell, child, please calm down I need to sleep," Taeyeon scratches her head and stares at both Hyoyeon and Sunny with a disapproval looks.

"There you hear the kid leader, calm down Soonkyu," Hyoyeon makes her way to the fridge and grab a box of orange juices.

An alligator laugh soon fills out the room, Yoona is looking at Sunny's direction in amusement,"It suits you really Unnie"

"Yeah, yeah, very funny Yoong! Where's that black kid I'm gonna draw a hideous moustache with a permanent marker in her face!", Sunny folds her arms showing another gesture of annoyance.

"Someone's looking for the black kid?", Yuri enters the living room with Tiffany, her face is filled with victory when she sees Sunny.

A boisterous laugh also come from the direction of Sooyoung and Jessica's room. Sooyoung puts her long arms in Yuri's shoulder and proceed to give her a high five.

"You look cute," said Sooyoung to Sunny,"Anyway, is Jessica home? I slept alone last night."

"Yeah," Taeyeon's lazy voice answers Sooyoung question and everyone turns their head to their leader, face covered with curiousity.

"Do you keep her in your room? Is that why our cute Soonkyu is so furious?", Yuri teases Taeyeon whose face suddenly turn bright red like a tomato,"Are you mad because you have to sleep in the cat's cage Sunny?" 

"YAH YUL ! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WILL SLEEP IN THE CAGE TONIGHT", Sunny furiously shout at Yul. 

Everyone laughs boisterously when a distinct high-pitched voice suddenly call out to Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon-ah?", Jessica wakes up from her sleep and she sit up from the sofa. All the eyes in the room look at each other with a meaningful looks and then they turn their head at Taeyeon questioningly.

"Ne, Sica," Taeyeon who previously had sit up before look at Jessica, her face is still filled with a hint of redness.

"What's with all the noises....isn't it very early in the morning?", Jessica  yawns and look around, her face is apparent with confuse when she sees everyone but Seohyun already wake up and crowding in the living room. Furthermore, they are looking at Taeyeon and her with a rather curious look.

"When did you get home Jessi?" Tiffany with her husky voice which sounds even huskier in the morning asks Jessica. 

"Late at night", Jessica answers her in a sleepy voice. 

"Must've been glorious to sleep beside a lover," Hyoyeon throws out a remark casually while sipping her orange juices. 

Yuri, Sooyoung, Sunny, and Yoona laughs at Hyoyeon's spontaneous remark but the subjects of the remark are both drowned in embarassment. Taeyeon's embarassment can't be hidden, she suddenly tense up and unconsiusly leave the sofa to stand up, making a distance from Jessica. 

Jessica steals a glance at Taeyeon and it seems like she's disappointed at Taeyeon's awkwardness regarding Hyoyeon's remark. Her face is filled with contempt and she seems to question her heart and mind should she be bold about this when Taeyeon seems to avoid the subjects of their relationship to be brought up to public. 

Taeyeon clears   and finally break the silence that ensues the laughter,"I was waiting for Sica last night and we both got tired so we fell asleep on the couch."

"Soooooo..... Taeyeon unnie and Jessica unnie...are you guys officialy a couple?", Yoona boldly ask the sacred question and she doesn't seem to shy away from the subject, her face is filled with amusement and curiousity.

Everyone else nods their head, they want to ask the same question but is afraid to Taeyeon's respond which they anticipate to be cold and they all think that Taeyeon will immediately dismiss the subject, making it awkward between all of them and Jessica.

Jessica is well aware of that possibility as well so she raises her voice to answer,"Yoona!", she looks at Taeyeon's direction nervously,"Taengoo you don't have to answer this kid..", Sica pleads in a desperate tone. She readies herself for a hurting comment from Taeyeon.

"Hm..," Taeyeon brushes the back of her head and then sit at the end of the couch where Sica sits. She looks at Jessica and smile and then she looks at everyone before turning her head to Yoona and answer the question,"I don't want to keep a secret from you guys, especially since all of you have been very supportive towards me and Sica."

When Taeyeon finally speaks, Jessica's heart starts to beat furiously. Her dewy face turns pale as if she's about to passed out anytime soon due to nervousness and growing anxiety.

"So it's official?!", Tiffany shouts in disbelief, she covers with both of her hand. Her gesture is vague and fall in between disapprovement or approvement.

"No. But I like her very much in a way that is different from the way I like and love all of you guys," Taeyeon clear her throats again, she's getting nervous and starts to twiddle her fingers,"I mean," she looks at Jessica,"Not yet. We are not yet a couple and if we are, you guys are the first to know."

"Awwwwwww, our kid leader is in love," Sooyoung says in aegyo and followed by the laughter of everyone. 

Jessica is definitely going to kill Sooyoung if only no one else in the room, she bites her lips and stealing a glance to Taeyeon who shooks her head in disbelief to Sooyoung's comment. 

"Now that you are done with your interview, would you please let me go back to sleep," Taeyeon is back to her cold manner and jokingly shoo away the other from the couch. 

"And Soonkyu," Taeyeon calls out to Sunny, "You should make a solo sub-unit with that moustache," and then Taeyeon lets out her ahjumma laugh before she stops because Sunny throws another set of pillow to Taeyeon.

"Is that your way of saying thank you?!", Sunny shouts to Taeyeon before finally heading her way to find Yuri and assault her. 

 

----

"Do you think she's good enough for Taeyeon?", Tiffany suddenly asks a question to Sunny whilst laying in Sunny's bed.

"Jessica ? One thing I know for sure, she cares deeply for Taeyeon," Sunny answers Tiffany while maintaning to achieve new high score in her newly bought game.

Tiffany lets out a deep sigh and she stares blankly at the ceiling.

"Do you think she's not good enough for Taeyeon ?", Sunny rolls her back to Tiffany and proceeds to put her GBA Advance, a signal that they are going to have some serious conversation regarding Taeyeon and Jessica's relationship.

"She has a lot of ex-boyfriendsand I don't even know she likes girl until I find out about her crush to Taeyeon," Tiffany frowns and then continue her talk to Sunny,"Can she be trusted though? Isn't it just a pang of curiousity to find out how it is to date a girl?"

Sunny raises one of her eyebrows and ask Tiffany back,"Why do you worry about Jessica being good enough for Taeyeon but do not worry about Taeyeon being good enough for Jessica?"

Tiffany scoffs and smile, turning her eyes into the infamous crescent moon shape,"I know Taeyeon for 5 years, she might be timid and cold mannered but she has a big heart. She rejected every single suitors for her because she didn't want to be involved with someone else just for the sake of it? Do you get what I mean?"

Sunny nods and says,"I know what you are implying. You are saying that Taeyeon never date because she will never date someone unless she's very sure about her own feeling towards that person thus when she dates that means she has love that someone deeply and it's not possible if she's faking it," Sunny breathes in and then out before she continues her explanation,"On the other hand, Jessica is adventourous when it comes to relationship and it shows with her action of dating casually even when she had no feelings for them?"

Tiffany pinches Sunny's cheek in amusement,"You are not only cute but smart as well."

"Yah stop it!", Sunny breaks away from Tiffany's pinch.

"Well Fany-ah, Jessica likes Taeyeon first but Taeyeon is too dense to realize it. Which is why she's trying to get Taeyeon's attention by dating a lot but she soon realized that none of it would work and Taeyeon would just think Jessica doesn't like her because she's always dating someone else."

Tiffany's face is still filled with disapprovement but she gestures Sunny to continue with her explanation.

"I don't know if you realize it or not but I notice that Taeyeon's been liking Jessica for quite some times too. But being a Taeyeon that she is, she subdued her feeling and chose to wallow in sadness and loneliness rather than acknowledging her feeling to Jessica for fear of being rejected and bringing disruption to the group."

"Taeyeon is always so vague with her feeling but I do notice she's been paying quite extra attention to Jessi," says Tiffany.

"I think she's rather selfish. She would be damned hurt if Sica dates other people and I am sure she will take even greater distance and put on higher wall if Sica dates someone else not casually but she didn't want to make any moves either," Sunny shrugs her shoulders in disbelief, "Well she did kiss Jessica but she's avoiding her the very next day."

Tiffany instantly jolts up from the bed and is gape open, "SHE kiss....JESSICA?! WHEN ? HOW? WHAT"

Sunny puts her index finger in , gesturing Tiffany to shut up,"SHUT THE HELL UP HWANG MIYOUNG!"

Tiffany's eyes are wide open, making her round eyes even more brighter,"No really tell me when was it and how could that kid be so bold?"

"Remember our last day in New York? After dinner, both of them stayed up late and Jessica was telling Taeyeon about her crush when Taeyeon suddenly kissed her and just left her afterwards."

"Oh my god oh my god," Tiffany turns to her mother language instinctively, "She must've been hurt because she thought Jessica liked someone else...."

"What a fool right?", Sunny shooks her head.

"Unbelievable."

"Don't worry too much Tiffany. Taeyeon is a loner and I think she needs someone that she can pour herself into. Someone that will ease her weary soul and her perpetual loneliness."

"I thought having all of us, having you, having me, are enough," Tiffany's voice turns sad and sour and so does the expression in her face.

"It's not about you or me or the other members, it's about Taeyeon. She chooses Sica and for that alone, I believe Sica is enough for her."