Numbnuts

Simple Song

Jessica's POV

Kim Taeyeon kissed me.

After seconds that felt like forever, she retreated back from me. Her face was filled with guilt. 

I wanted to console and tell her that it was okay. Completely okay. But I was lost for words; dumbfounded and stunned by the fact that she just..kissed me.

"Mianhae, Sica", she bowed and left me in the dark. 

Oftentimes I want to drop-kick her in the head for being absolutely dense and witless. YOU DID NOT JUST KISS SOMEONE AND LEFT THEM IN THE DARK WITHOUT EXPLANATION. What was she thinking? I was hoping she wouldn't try to act as if nothing happened the next morning.

Filled with thoughts and unsettled questions, I drifted to sleep.

--

I woke up to a bustling commotion of hair dryer, coffee machine, and television. I looked around the room and found everyone had waken up from their sleep. I studied the room and realized that Taeyeon wasn't in sight  so I walked towards the living room  to find her but instead I found Sunny and Tiff.

"Good morning"

"Good morning princesssss", Sunny was eating a bowl of ice cream and answered me with aegyo. Geez, this kid.

"What time are we leaving today?", I moved closer to sit beside her.

"Tae-tae's the one who knows all the scedhule. She said we're leaving for Chicago at 9 PM or something", Tiffany who was also guzzling a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream answered me. 

My face quickly reddened, my mind was evoking the moment I had with her last night.

The sudden change in my facial expression did not go unnotice. Sunny was exchanging glances with Tiff and I knew it, they were going to ask me questions and I wasn't up to it. I was about to leave when Sunny pulled me back to my sit.

"Did something happened last night?", Sunny smirked at me, her face filled with amusement.

There was no escape so I blabbered about it anyway, except the fact that we kissed....I didn't want them to go bat crazy and barging Taeyeon with explanation. That ought to pressured her.

"I told her about my ongoing two years crush but I didn't tell her that it's actually her", I answered Sunny.

"You are basically telling her about herself", Tiffany added a comment,"I bet she must've been too dense to realize that you were actually talking about her. Am I correct?"

I nodded. Tiff sure knows a lot about Taeyeon. 

"That freaking dwarf! I knew it. I knew she's too witless to realize", Sunny was half screaming so I scowled at her and told her to be quiet.

 

"Who's witless?"

And then I heard a voice that's been ringing and haunting my head for two years now.

The voice that accompanied me last night.

Kim Taeyeon. 

She looked flawless. Hair tight up into a bun, face as smooth as baby's face, that bright beaming round brown eyes. I always see her before I see everyone else in the room. And I've beein doing it for two years now. Kim Taeyeon, you are frustrating.

I looked at her and our eyes met. I was about to smile but she swiftly turned her eyes towards Sunny. 

She avoided me.

"I'm going to take a shower now", I stood up and made my way out. My heart sank to the deepest abyss when Taeyeon avoided my eyes. 

Sunny and Tiffany looked at me like they were going to say something to prevent me from leaving. But they realized upon seeing my expression that I did not want to stay.

 

--
Taeyeon's POV

"Who's witless, guys?", I asked Sunny and Tiffany. 

"You", Sunny answered me and offered me a bowl of ice cream.

I refused because I just had coffee and I am accustomed to only drink coffee for breakfast. 

"Is Sica okay?", I asked, trying to remain as nonchalant as possible. 

"Oh boy", Tiffany scoffed.

I looked at her confusingly.

"She's heartbroken, Taeyeon. Severely heartbroken", Sunny answered me while letting out a rather exaggerating breathe.

My heart skipped a bit. Did Jessica tell her that I kissed her last night......I remained silent.

"W-w-why, why is she heartbroken?", I asked but I was so nervous that I stuttered. 

Because she was telling you about her crush but turned out you are crushing on her and then kissed her. 

I must've confused her by kissing her last night. She must've been burdened by the fact that she has to turn me down. 

"Her crush is a witless dummy", said Sunny.

"Totally clueless. Fortunately she's very cute and adorable when she's clueless", said Tiffany. Tiffany and Sunny high-fived each other and then laughed. 

A flood of relief flowed through my body. Jessica didn't tell them about the kiss. She's so kind and thoughtful for not telling Tiffany and Sunny. She saved me from embarassment. 

"You guys seems to know her crush?", I asked. We didn't managed to talk about who her crush is last night. Because you kissed her, .

"Everyone knows but her clueless crush", said Tiffany.

"Well I didn't know", I said. I was exceptionally annoyed at that moment. So Sica told everyone but me about her crush?  She doesn't trust me? Or perhaps I am indeed not close enough to her. But she told everyone else. 

Sunny and Tiffany laughed again. I was extremely irritated. How could they laugh at me instead of telling me about Jessica's crush. I asked about it for God's sake, am I too much of an outsider to be trusted for such personal matters? 

I was boiling with anger so I stormed out of the living room, leaving Tiffany and Sunny. The laughter died down afterwards, I heard Tiffany calling my name but I was too angry to face her right now.

"Taetae wait!"

I shutted the door behind me and Tiffany stopped calling me.

 

--

 

Yuri, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon joined Sunny and Tiffany in the living room. Sunny and Tiffany's face were filled with shocks.

"What's the matter baby?", Yul walked towards Tiffany and asked her.

"I think Taetae is outraged..........", said Tiffany.

"Taeng? What's the matter?", Sooyoung asked.

"We were laughing at her because she was asking about Jessica's crush", Sunny said, face filled with despair.

"She does?!", Hyoyeon exclaimed, "Did you tell her then?"

"We think it's best if Jessica tell Taeyeon herself", Tiffany said in the verge of tearing up, "Poor Taetae. She's gonna think that we've been purposefully excluding her from this topic."

Yuri extended her arms and pull Tiffany into her shoulder, her fingers were tracing Tiffany's hair. Tiffany was sobbing and burying her face in Yuri's embrace.

"It's alright Pany-ah, you were just trying to help Jessica. Taeyeon will understand, she will eventually know the truth anyway", Yuri was consoling Tiffany but Tiffany didn't stop crying, in fact she cried harder. 

"Oh my, it's going to be very awkward", Hyoyeon sighed, sinking herself to the couch.

"That kid leader is too dense!", said Sooyoung, "I cannot believe she hasn't figured it out yet."

"Well one thing for sure I have confirmed it's mutual", Sunny added.

"IT IS?!!", Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Yuri were squealing to Sunny's face in unison, forcing Sunny to covered both her ears and told them to shut it up.

"Yeah it is", Tiffany was quickly regaining composure and affirmed Sunny's statement.

"Technically Taeyeon didn't confirm it. But she's not exactly a good actress, at least to me she isn't. I confronted her and asked her if she's currently liking another member. She didn't say anything but she said to me that acknowledging her feeling will ruin the balance of the group. So she conceded her feeling", Sunny explained to everyone who were now circling around her, "I made sure it's not Tiffany because at first I thought it was Tiffany."

"Wasn't me. I confronted her as well", Tiffany complemented Sunny's explanation, "At first I thought it was me."

"You did?", Yuri asked Tiffany about her statement. Eyes widened from disbelief.

Tiffany nodded, "Yeah, I mean she's always so sweet and caring towards me. I assume she must've likes me more than just friend but turned out she doesn't."

"What did Taeng said to you?", Sooyoung asked Tiffany.

Heads turned towards Tiffany, Tiffany took a deep breath and answered,"Being her usual secretive self, she didn't confirm it as well. But she said to me that her unrequited love is her business and she doesn't want to bother anyone with her personal matters."

"What a numbnuts! Those two are unbelieveable. We should lock them in a room until they figure out their feeling for one another!", Hyoyeon talked excitedly, "We could tie them together with ropes."

Everyone laughed at Hyoyeon's mischievous plan. Hyoyeon's comedic relief never failed to brightened the room.

"Taeyeon seriously has some problem with acknowledging her feeling. She's been sending opposite signals to Jessica about what she truly feels", said Sunny.

"I agree. Jessica's been whining to me about how it is impossible for Taeyeon to like her back," Yuri her chin, her face was very thoughtful, "She told me that Taeng is always very cold to her and seems uninterested."

"Taeyeon must've done it unconsciously because she's too shy to approach Sica unnie. Remember how she was around BoA unnie?", Sooyoung threw a question to the forum.

"Yes! Oh my God I remember!", Tiffany jumped out of her chair to Sooyoung's question, "She likes BoA unnie very much but when she finally got the chance to ask for unnie's photograph she withdrew because she's too embarassed."

"That midget needs a drop-kick in the head", Hyoyeon scoffed, "She's damn oblivious to Sica's feeling and instead of acknowledging her own feeling she subdues it."

"Now what?", Sunny's eyes studied everyone and they were all pondering the way to make it works between Jessica and Taeyeon.