Human Again

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 7: Human Again

‘Okay…’ I say with as much confidence as I could muster.
I don’t know if I am lying to myself at that moment. Do I want to do this? Can she actually turn me back into a human? What’s going to happen afterwards? What about my family? It’s just the chance I have to take. I must be brave.


The corners of Ms. Hwang’s lips turn up. “Wonderful!” she exclaims and claps her hands once. “You must not hide anymore,” she adds. I hesitantly walk in towards the light and am now standing before Ms. Hwang. She picks me up and sets me on top of the small circular wooden table.


“This will be quick, just try to clear your mind,” she says as she closes her eyes. 

I do the same and close my eyes. I try to clear my mind not thinking of anything, but I don’t think I’m doing it right. Sudden nervousness comes upon me and I begin to think about Daehyun. Oh no! I probably gave the boy a heart attack. I slightly open one of my eyes and see Ms. Hwang deeply thinking and mumbling some gibberish quietly. Then I feel this weird feeling inside. I know this feeling. It’s what I felt that day at the park. Slowly I notice the fur disappearing and my claws slowly get smaller until they are gone. I feel myself get taller. I pick up my paw and notice that I have fingers. I have human skin now. I’m human again! 

I exlclaim as I finished turning into a human. Ms. Hwang leads me to the body mirror she has on the wall and I take a look at my new or rather old self. I wrinkle my nose.


“I look…goth,” I say and look at my all black attire.


“Well what did you expect? You were a black cat.” Ms. Hwangs chuckles.


It’s good to see in color again. All the different colors are jumping out at me as if saying hello old friend.


“Thank you so much Ms. Hwang!” I say and hug her.


“Oh your welcome dear,” she smiles a warm smile. “But, I have to warn you about something,” she adds with a serious tone and expression.


“Yes?…” I ask curiously. The way she spoke and looked cause me to get frightened. 


“Your going to be a human…temporarily. You’ll change back in a few month,” she says.


“Oh…” I say disappointedly. “At least, I can be human again even if it is for a few months,” I say while looking down. Ms. Hwang only smiles sadly.


I look past her at the digital clock on the desk and notice the time, “7:00”, the clock read.


“Oh no! Daehyun is probably freaking out! I have to get going. Thank you again Ms. Hwang!” I exlcaim and run out the door.

Daehyun's POV

After searching for Yuni after two hours the guys walk me home when it begins to get dark outside. The weather isnt so nice right now. It's thundering and storming and I hope that Yuni is staying safe.

'Stay warm and dry Yuni, find shelter,' I think to myself and begin to pray that Yuni stays safe.

"Hello Uhmma," I say sadly as I enter the kitchen and sit down with a thud at the table. I prop my chin on my hand and begin to think about Yuni. "Yuni ran away," I tell my mother and a single tear begins to form in my eye.

"What? When?" My mother asks shocked at the news. She drops the dish clothe and walks over to me.

"After school," I stutter and tears begin to flow. The thought of Yuni gone leaves me heartbroken, Yuni is really special to me. She's my best friend.

"Oh sweetie its okay, she'll come back. She's a really smart cat," my mother says trying to make me feel better.

"That's what the guys said," I say and dry my tears that keep falling with my sleeve. 

Uhmma stands up to go close the blinds in the living room when she stops midway from closing them.

"What is it Uhmma?" I ask and walk up to her.

"T-theres a girl standing outside in the rain outside our front door," Uhmma says struck with confusion. I look outside with her and sure enough there's a girl outside our front door.

_______________________________________

Hey guys! :)

The story starts now!

Comment please. ^^