Furry Problems

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 20: Furry Problems

Slowly my eyes open.I look at my blurry surroundings waiting for my vision to clear up. 
"Daehyun?" I call out as I realize he isn't next to me when my vision clears up. He must be downstairs already. Getting up I stretch along the way to my bedroom yawning continuously.
I stand before the bathroom mirror. 'Aish, I fell asleep in my dress.' I think as I look at the wrinkled clothing.
Reaching for my closet door knob, I scream until the point that I almost faint. I touch my hand. There's...fur....
"This can't be happening so soon!" I whine. I can't be turning into a cat right now.
"Okay Yuni keep calm" I mentally calm myself down, lessening my heavy breathing.
"Oh I can't hang out with Daehyun like this!" I begin to freak out.
"Mingi? Is everything alright?" 
I hear Mrs. Jung ask from behind the door.
"Uh...yes! Everything's okay!" I answer. I hear her walking away down the hall.
"Okay...just cover it up with gloves. It's winter now it'll look normal," I look through the closet for any gloves it may have and soon I find a pair that covers the small patch of fur. I sigh in relief.
I change out of the dress giving it a break and into pajama pants and a t-shirt.
"Oh crap you got to be kidding me." There on my neck was a patch of fur.
"Scarf it is then..." I begin to rummage for a scarf.
-
"Uh...good morning" I walk Into the kitchen expecting to see Daehyun and Mrs. Jung but only of of them are there.
"Good morning Mingi," Mrs. Jung sets a plate of food down before me at the table.
"Thank you. Where is Daehyun?"
"He left to go do something important," she quotes what Daehyun had said.
"He said it's important?" 
"Yeah. I don't know what it is though," she answers.
"Alright," I shrug my shoulders.
"Mingi I have something to tell you," Mrs. Jung speaks up after a while.
"Yes?" 
"I've decided with Mr. Jung that it would be best if you stay with us," Mrs. Jung smiles at me waiting for my reaction.
"Really?" I ask in disbelief.
"Yes. There's no record of your parents that I could find," she says.
"Oh thank you so much Mrs. Jung," out of my happiness and thankfulness I jump to give her a hug.
"No problem sweetie"
"Does Daehyun know?" I ask her excitedly.
"No not yet I wanted you to tell him," she lightly chuckles at my sudden energy.
"Ah okay."
I finish my breakfast and walk up the stairs when my phone, that Mr. Jung lent me, buzzes in my pocket. It's Daehyun.
"Hi Daehyun!" I almost yell into the phone trying to keep in my excitement. He chuckles at the other end.
"Hey Yuni! Ready to hang out today?" He asks. The background noises tell me that he's driving.
"Yes! I have something to tell you! Oh and where did you go this early in the morning? It's Saturday!" I laugh.
"I had to get something over with," he replies, his excitement fading away.
"What was it?" I ask.
"Just something. I have to go, so be ready when I get home later so we can hang out!" The excitement in his voice comes back.
"Okay I will, see you later!" We hang up the phone.
'What am I going to do till he gets back' I think to myself.

______________________

What do you think is up with Daehyun?