The End

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 27: The End

“Guys she hasn’t been answering my texts,” A distraught Youngjae approaches us at the lunch table.

“What? Really?” I interrupt Zelo who was about to tell me a story about the cute girl he saw in class. The tone of my voice implied that I was obviously really worried.

“Yeah I texted her twice, but she hasn’t replied. Dosen’t she always have her phone by her side?” Youngjae asks me.

“Yeah… she always does,” Possibilities of what may have happened to her flood in. I cringe.

Yuni’s POV

The pounding noise gets louder and louder and louder until finally my eyes open. But the pounding keeps on continuing. I groan. It’s not helping my headache.

“Yuni? Are you in there? Yuni? Are you alright?” The sound of a familiar voice comes from behind the door. Wanting to speak I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I cant make myself make any sound come out.

Slowly the door opens and a familiar face pops in.

“Oh thank God Mingi your alright!”

I squint my eyes. Everythings blurry.  Finally after a few seconds of adjusting my eyes I fully see his face.

“Y-youngjae?” I finally get myself to speak though my voice is raspy.

“Are you okay? You seem sick,” He comes closer to me as I sit up in bed.

“No I’m okay I’m just tired.” I sound like an old lady.

“Oh do you want me to leave?” He says as he points towards the door.

“No no stay. I need campany,” I slightly chuckle and smile up at him. He smiles back. “Did you want to tell me something?” I ask.

“I uh yeah Mingi I have to tell you something important,” he begins to squirm around in his position.

“What is it?” I ask.

“I know we’ve only known each other for 2 months…but I really grew close to you and learned so much about you in that short time. And I love everything about you. I’m really happy that you were my first girlfriend. And I wanted to give you this, *he takes out a long white case*, to show you hoe much you mean to me,” He says and opens up the case revealing a beautiful silver necklace. Speechlace I watch as he takes the necklase out of its case and holds it up. Waiting to see if I will accept it I slightly smile at him as he begins to put it around my neck.

“Mingi, I love you,” And with that he hugs me tight. My eyes widen in surprise.

“I-I love you Daehyun.” 

With those four words I feel his hug lessen. That’s what my mom meant in my dream. I already knew it would be Daehyun. 

“Y-you what?”

“Youngjae I’m sorry…” 

He clears his throat. “It’s alright…you’ve known him longer. If you love him then you should be with him,” He half smiles. I smile sympatically. 

“Thanks for being so understanding,” I say.

He chuckles and smiles at the ground. “And I’ve seen the ways Daehyun looks at you. He must love you too,” He adds.

All I do is smile knowing that.

“Well I should be going, I’ll let the guys know your alright they were worrying too” He gets up from the chair.

“Oh Youngjae here,” I begin to unlatch the necklace he gave me and put it in his hand.  “What time is it?” I ask him.

“2:30. School is still going on.” He adds.

“Alright I’ll see you guys when you all come over.” 

As the next few hours go by I kill some time by watching tv but as every minute goes by I feel worse and worse.  It’s not that I feel sick I just feel weak. 

‘It’s going to happen today.’  More fur has been coming in the claws are coming out more and my voice is almost gone. I can feel the transformation coming soon.

Looking over at the clock I realize it’s five minutes before school is let out. It’s gong to take them too long to get here. 

Getting up I rush out of my bedroom and out of the house and towards school. I need to get to Daehyun. I need to get to him while I’m still human.

***
Daehyun’s POV

Walking through the halls I notice Youngjae walking into school returning from visiting Yuni. Making my way past students I finally get to him.

“So is she fine?” I hurriedly ask.

“Yeah she was just tired,” Youngjae replies with a hint of sadness written all over his face.

“Oh thank god! But why do you seem sad?” I ask.

“Well I told her that I love her, but she doesn’t love me back,” Youngjae says as I notice the white case still in his hand.

“Oh Jae I’m sorry,” I frown.

“It’s alright don’t be,” He smiles assuring me that it actually is fine. “We should get to class,” he adds and with that we start walking to the last class of the day.


***
“Dosent she sound amazing!” Zelo bursts in excitement in his newfound love.

“Yeah she seems cute,” Yongguk ruffles his dongsaengs hair while flashing his gummy smile.

“Yeah you should try to talking to her sometime,” I advise Zelo.

“Yeah I know but I’m scared,” He pouts.

“Just go up to her and say Hi my name is Junhong but people call me Zelo. She’ll think your cute!” Youngjae smiles.

“Why would she think I’m cute just by saying that?” He asks cluelessly.

“Cause your automatically cute,” Youngjae chuckles causing everybody to agree with him.

“I hope Mingi is feeling bet-.” 

“Daehyun!”

Turning around after hearing the familiar voice I find someone standing on the hill above the school running down it towards our direction.

“Yuni?” I squint to see.

“Who’s Yuni?” The guys from nehind ask as they watch her coming towards us. But as every step she takes she slowly and slowly begins to slow down. 

“Daehyun!” She yells one last time as she stands in her place a few feet away from us before falling down to the ground.

“Yuni!” Seeing her falling I run up to her with the guys right behind me.

“Yuni? What happened to you?” I examine the patches of fur and the claws and her eyes. Her eyes are like that of a..cat.

I watch as she weakly opens about to say something but nothing comes out.

“You didn’t tell me you would be turning back into a cat!” I angrily try to push back my tears but its no use.

“D-d-d-dae, I-im s-s-orry,” She struggles to get the words out.

“Don’t talk I-its all r-righ,” I myself try to speak clearly as my voice begins to quiver. With the hand that I have proping her head up I use my thumb to dry her falling tears.  “All that matters is that we’ll still be friends even if you’re a cat or a human. Yuni you need to know that I- I love you.”

“Daehyun I-I love y-you,” She looks up at me. Before I could react a huge blinding white light surround Yuni. Blinded by the light I look away as the it begins to pulsate becoming larger in form. Soon a few minutes it all stops. Taking my hand away from my face I turn around expecting to see the old Yuni.

Lying on the ground I see Yuni as if she’s sleeping. Tears begin to fall down harder as I watch her open her eyes.

“Daehyun?”  She looks at the surroundings around her confused. I smile down at her as I watch her realize that she’s still human.

“Daehyun!” She happily jumps into my arms. “Wait am I dreaming?” 

I chuckle, “No Yuni your human. For good,” I say and we just stay in that moment smiley happily at each other.

"How did I stay human?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"I have no idea but that dosent matter cause your human!" He says excitedly. She giggles as she agrees. 'Maybe is was beacuse we both said that we love eacother?' The thought pops into my mind.

“So you love me?” I teasingly ask

“Yeah and you know what I always have. It’s always been you,”  She replies and with that I lean in to do what I haven’t finished in my dream. We softly kiss one another fully realizing that everything is going to be okay.

“Can someone tell me what just happened?” Jongup  who looks half confused and half shocked asks after we pull away from our kiss.

Me and Yuni both chuckle. “It’s a long story,” We both reply.

Getting up from the ground we all are ready to go home when we notice my mom running towards us.

“Mingi! Mingi! I have something really important to tell you!” My mother finally reaches us exasperated. “Remember when you told me your parents names and where you two used to live? Well I did my research and I found out that your parents are still alive!”

________________________________

That's the last chapter! I'm sorry if the writing isnt that good. >.< Yuni and Daehyun are together now! I want to write a sequel but i dont know if you guys would read it. >.<