Those Three Words

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 24: Those Three Words

Daehyun’s POV

“Hey Dae where did you go?” Yongguk asks me as I sit down next to him in Physics class.

“The hallway,” I grumble to myself not wanting to talk much.

“Why….” Yongguk pushes for me to explain more.

“I didn’t want to be there any longer,” I mumble and begin to twirl my pencil around avoiding eye contact with Yongguk hyung.

“Why….” Yongguk insists.

“Because of Youngjae and Minigi,” I let out a sigh and so does Yongguk.

“Aww Daehyun you still like her?” Yongguk asks even though he already knows that I do.

I solemnly shake my head yes.

“Aww Dae,” Yongguk puts his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

“You know she went to go look for you,” He says.

“Yeah I know, she found me,” I reply.

“And what did she say?”

“She asked me what was wrong and when I didn’t tell her she was being stubborn so…I told her her,” I trail off knowing Yongguk wouldn’t like that I did.

“You told her!” He yells out causing everyone to turn to look at us. “You told her!” He whispers now.

“Yeah…”

“Do you want Youngjae to loose his first real girlfriend?!” Yongguk angrily continues to whisper. I move back in my seat suddenly afraid of him.

“N-no! Not at all!” I stutter trying to prove that I mean no harm.

“Then you shouldn’t have told her!” Yongguk whisper yells for the last time. He settles down in his seat trying to calm himself down. The next few minutes are spent of him glaring at me while I awkwardly squirm around in my seat trying to avoid eye contact with him.

“Pabo…” Yongguk playfully punches me in the shoulder to show me that it’s all okay.

“Hey guys! What did I miss?” I hear Youngjae’s cheerful voice from in front of us.

I groan at the mess I’ve made.

Yuni’s POV
Even though class has already started I sit motionless on the floor in front of his locker trying to gather my thoughts but it isn’t really working as I internally scream excitedly.


What just happened? He likes me?! AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Stop fangirling Yuni. Is this really happening?! Why me! Oh wait he told me why…. But why me?!! Stop thinking like that Yuni! You like Youngjae. But…I like Daehyun too.’


“Aw crap!” I frown. “Oh wae wae wae!” I mentally face palm myself as I bury my face in my arms and knees.


“Um miss, shouldn’t you be in class?” The old school janitor stands before me.  Hurriedly I get up and head 
to my class.


***

Daehyun's POV
Minute after minute goes by until the ringing bell finally arrives. Without a moments hesitation I get up from my seat and rush towards the door but stop. I see Yuni rushing past groups of students as if she is in a hurry. ‘I shouldn’t have told her about my feelings for her.’

“Hyung what are you looking at?” I hear Youngjae ask from behind.

“Oh I was just uh just reading a sign,” I reply as I try not to make it too awkward between me and him because of me telling Yuni.

“Oh okay. I need your advice Daehyun,” Youngjae suddenly becomes very jumpy in excitement as he grins from ear to ear. I chuckle at my dongsaengs dorkiness.

“Okay, what is it? You seem pretty excited about it,” I grin as I put my hand on his shoulder. 

“Excitement mixed with nervousness,” He takes in a deep breathe to calm himself down.

“It must be something big.”

“Yeah it is, let’s go outside so I can tell you.” And with that Youngjae leads the way into the courtyard.

“What’s in your hand?” I notice a long white box in Youngjae’s hand.

“That’s part of what I was going to tell you about. I got Yuni this,” And as he spoke he slowly opens the box revealing a pretty silver necklace. My heart sinks lower and lower every second that I look at it.

“Do you think she’ll like it?” He fidgets around nervously when I havent said anything.

“Y-yeah she’ll love it,” I say.

“I hope so. Cause after I give it to her I have three words to tell her.”

___________________

Short update but I really wanted to update! ^_^

I'm making this so complicated for Yuni, Daehyun, and Youngjae. I'm sorry >.< But it'll all work out...hopefully..