Dress Shopping

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 16: Dress Shopping

Daehyun’s POV

“Hyung, I’m so excited for the dance,” Youngjae says beside me.


“That was so unexpected you know that, right? You didn’t even show any signs of liking her. Why didn’t you even tell me you did?” I suddenly say after a moment of not saying anything.


“You’re her cousin, I thought that if I told you you would tell me to stay away from her,” he refutes.


“Do you actually like her?” I ask him.


“Yeah, if I didn’t why would I ask her to the dance. She’s really different, not like the other girls at this school,” Youngjae states.


“Yeah, that’s true,” I quietly say.


***


Yuni’s POV
At home Daehyun and I are in my room hanging out. Not much is said. We’re just laying down the bed playing with random objects.


“Daehyun, I have like nothing to wear for the dance,” I realized at that moment.


Turning around and laying on his stomach to face me Daehyun says, “I’ll take you shopping. I’ll buy you any dress you want.” 


“Really? You don’t have to do that.”


“Too bad, cause we’re going right now,” He says as he gets up and pulls me up off of the bed and out the door.

 

***


The small boutique has a large variety of cute and elegant dresses and accessories.  It’s hard to choose!


“How about this purple one?” Daehyun suggests as he takes the dress off of the rack. 


“No, it’s too flashy,” I say and continue looking through the dresses. As the time goes on the dresses I find and the ones Daehyun suggests don’t fit my style. But as I get towards the back of the boutigue,  there in front of me was a blue ruffly dress. The dress is very modest, I can see myself wearing it.


“This is the one!” Exclaim and show the dress to Daehyun.


Taking a look at the dress, Daehyun nods his head in agreement.  “I like it, come on go try it on,” Daehyun motions me towards the dressing room. 
“Wait Daehyun, this dress is way too expensive!” My eyes widen as I look at the price tag.


“How much is it?” Daehyun sticks his head next to mine to take a look. “200! Wow, that’s a steal! I thought when you said it’s expensive it would be expensive,” Daehyun says.


“How much were you expecting?!” I say stunned.


“Like 600 or 700 dollars,” Daehyun says.


I give him a dumbfounded look before he pushes me into a changing booth. 


“Daehyun do I look fat in this dress?” I ask as I come out of the changing room fixing my dress to sit perfectly.


Nothing is said so I look up to see Daehyun with his jaw dropped. As if snapping back to reality Daehyun shakes his head and asks, “W-what d-did you s-say?”
“Are you okay? I asked if I look fat in the dress?”


“Oh no no no! You look perfect,” He quietly says the last sentence. 


I look down to the floor and blush. I hear a soft chuckle coming from him and look to see him face palming himself for saying that, his cheeks a light pink.


Daehyun clears his throat before saying, “Let’s buy the dress now,” He says as he gets up to leave the waiting room.


‘He’s acting weird. Is he okay?’ I think to myself but shake the thought away. ‘Don’t think that Yuni. He can’t be having feelings for you. He’s with Heesun and you might be with Youngjae.’


***


Daehyun’s POV

I frantically leave the waiting room and outside of the boutique to get fresh air. 


‘What’s wrong with you Daehyun?! Why are you feeling like this?! You shouldn’t be! You pabo! Your with Heesun and she’s with Youngjae!’ 


“Yongguk hyung, I need to talk to you,” I say when Yongguk picks up his phone.


“What about Dae?” I hear his voice from the other end say.


“I-I think I like Y-Mingi.”


***


Yuni’s POV

Coming  out of the dressing I find Daehyun nowhere in sight. Did he leave me?

 

“Hey sorry for leaving like that, I had to call someone,” He says without looking at me


“It’s fine. We should get going I have homework to do,” I say as I lead us to the cash register.


Once in the car, after settling down I put my hand on top of Daehyun’s. I notice that he jumps back a little. 


“Thank you so much for the dress. Is there any way I can repay you? This is a really big thing to do for me,” I smile up at him.


He frantically shakes his head no and awkwardly smiles.


“N-no it’s fine.” He stutters.


We begin the ride home in silence.

________________________

About time Daehyun realizes! xD