The Answer In My Dream

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 25: The Answer In My Dream

*Italics is used to show inner thoughts and flashbacks/dreams*

Yuni’s POV
“Here’s your homework guys, pass it back,” Mr. Byun goes by each row and passes out the worksheets.

The guy in front of me turns back and hands me the papers and as I grab one my fingernails rip the paper!

“Uh maybe you should cut your nails or something,” He suggests before turning around in his seat.

My eyes widen as I look down at my hands. ‘Oh no the claws are coming in!’ Right on time, I am saved by the bell. Without excusing myself, I rush past the crowds of students and out of the school.

 

***


Daehyun’s POV
The next class went by so quickly. Mostly because I wasn’t paying attention to what the teacher was saying. I head outside and to the usual tree where I stand and wait for Yuni. 15 minutes pass and students are already clearing out of school. No sign of Yuni. 
‘You’re a pabo Daehyun.. Did you really think she would walk home with you after what happened? You just ruined your friendship..’

Sighing I begin walking home alone, going over scenes that happened today.

*flashback*
‘I hope so. Cause after I give it to her I have three words to tell her’

‘Oh…when are you planning to uh do this?’

‘Tomorrow. Daehyun I think that’s the right time to do this’

‘I’m happy for you Jae.’

*end of flashback*

Daehyun if you like her this much just let her go..she’s obviously happy with Youngjae,’ The sad reality comes to mind. 


Yuni’s POV

“Oh no its coming sooner than I thought,” I examine the long sharp claws that grew out so quickly after shutting my bedroom door behind me.

‘How am I going to tell Daehyun that I’m only human temporarily? Oh no…’ “Daehyun,” I whisper.

What am I going to do about all of this? I’ve known Daehyun ever since I was little and I liked him ever since then. He was the first guy I ever liked but Youngjae.. I like him too. Maybe I should just choose neither of them. That would be easier.

“Mom I need you” Angry hot tears begin to swell up. If it wasn’t for that stupid creature I would have my parents, I wish that day never happened I wish we never had taken that walk! As I angrily let the tears flow out something comes into my mind, but if it wasn’t for that day I might have never met Daehyun.

And without realizing it Yuni had cried herself to sleep.


*In Yuni’s Dream*
‘Yuni….yuni…’

‘Huh? Who’s that?’  I sit up in my bed at the sound of my name being called out.

‘Yuni’ The voice sounds familiar very soft.

‘U-uhmma?’ I squint at the blurry figure coming towards me.

‘Yes Yuni its me,’ My mother’s friendly expression smiles down at me.

‘Uhmma its really you.’ Jumping into her arms It feels so real! 

‘Sweety me and your father are alright, don’t worry about us.’

‘I’m glad to hear that Uhmma I was so worried! But Uhmma nothing is alright here I don’t know what to do!’

‘This may sound confusing. You don’t really know it yet but you know who your meant to be with already. I have to go now but don’t worry Yuni everything will be fine,’ and just as quickly as she came my mom was gone.

*the next day*

Opening my eyes I find myself in my sun lit bedroom. It had all been a dream, but it felt so real. Realizing that its almost time to get ready for school I get up from bed but suddenly feel light headed. Laying back down in bed I decide to skip school. I don’t feel so well..


Daehyun’s POV

Slowly I close the door to my bedroom and stop. Should I just leave or walk to school with her like we normally do?  Torn between what to do I impulsively make the few steps to her room. With my first in the air I am about to knock on her door when I stop. Maybe I should just leave her alone for the next few days?  With that thought in mind I slowly start heading for the stairs. But wait! Maybe I should just continue on like nothing ever happened? No Daehyun just go.

 

***


“Hey Daehyun, where’s Youngjae?” An eager Youngjae greets me as I make my way over to them.

“I don’t know I didn’t come to school with her today,” I answer.

“But you always go to school with her.”

“Yeah well…not today.”

“Is she sick?” He suddenly becomes worried.

“I don’t know, I don’t think she is,” I think about the thought.

_______________________

Sorry guys this chapter is kind of all over the place. But Yuni's time as a human is coming close to an end. Can she stay human? Actually I dont know ;-; I havent really thought about how she'll stay human >.< The next chapter will be the resolution! It all comes down to that chapter!

Anyways the fanfic is coming close to an end! Should I have a sequel??? Comment if you want a sequel!