The Dance

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 18: The Dance

“Come together you two so that I can take a picture before Youngjae and Heesun come over,” Mrs. Jung excitedly comes into the living room with her camera. Daehyun and I get up from the couch and pose together ready for the picture.
“Awww you two look so cute and adorable together,” Mrs. Jung coos. Daehyun and I blush at her comment.
“Sorry you have to spend your Senior dance in a cast,” I frown as I look down at the cast Daehyun got yesterday after what happened at soccer.
“It’s fine, at least I’m going,” Daehyun says optimistically. Seeing him smile I ruffle his hair.
“Oh they’re here!” Mrs. Jung exclaims and rushes for the door after hearing the doorbell.
“Hello Youngjae! You look handsome!” Mrs. Jung welcomes Youngjae as he steps through the door.
“Thank you Mrs. Jung,” Youngjae blushes.
“Hey Youngjae,” I say and make my way over to him to greet him.
“Hey Mingi you look amazing!” Youngjae says as he leans into a hug.
“Thank you *I blush* You look so handsome. I love your suit,” I say. Youngjae and I are kind of matching.

No ones POV
While Yuni and Youngjae talk between themselves Daehyun is in the background rolling his eyes in jealousy.
“You like her, don’t you?” Mrs. Jung asks her son as she makes her way over to him.
“What what do you mean? No!,” Daehyun nervously tries to deny it.
“Yeah right! I saw the way you looked at them flirting with each other,” Mrs. Jung says.
“I was not!” Daehyun scoffs.
“Mhm sure, yeah right! I took a pic of you,” Mrs. Jung leans in to show a picture of him scowling. Daehyun slouches after seeing the picture.
“Okay you caught me. I do like her. A lot…” Daehyun trails off in thought about Yuni.
“Aw son what about Heesun?” Mrs. Jung asks.
“I like her too. Mom I don’t know what to do,” Daehyun sighs.
“Do what your heart says,” Mrs. Jung says.
“Mom that doesn’t help.” 
“Yeah but I saw it in movies and it helped the people in it out,” Mrs. Jung says.
Daehyun gives her a  are-you-serious look.
“Alright alright. You have Heesun and Mingi and Youngjae are kind of together even though they aren’t dating. I say if you still like Heesun stay with her. It looks like Youngjae and Mingi really like each other so don’t try to break them apart to be with her,” Mrs. Jung gives her advice to Daehyun.
“Your right Mom.”
“I am aren’t I” Mrs. Jung beams. Daehyun chuckles.
“What about the situation with Mingi? Is she still going to live with us?” Daehyun asks.
“I don’t know. I’m still working on that. I’ll find out soon,” Mrs. Jung says as the doorbell rings again.


Yuni’s POV
“Hi!” 
I turn around after hearing the sound of Heesun’s voice.
“Alright guys I’ll take a pic of both of you separately then a group pic!” Mrs. Jung begins to take pictures before we are done and in the car heading towards the dance.

At the dance we are having a lot of fun. After we arrived we split into two so I havent seen Daehyun since 45 minutes ago. 
“Where’s Daehyun and Heesun?” Yongguk asks as we all sit at the circular table talking about the dance.
“I don’t know I havent seen them around really?” Youngjae replys his eyebrows furrowed.
“They’re probably…alooonneee….” Himchan implies.

The thought of that makes me uneasy. 

Heesun’s POV
“Daehyun?….Daehyun?….” I call out for Daehyun who is slow dancing with me. He is looking off into another direction past me with a blank stare. I begin to wave my hand in front of his face.
“Yah! Yah! Daehyun!” I snap my fingers as he comes back to reality and looks at me.
“What are you looking at?” 
“Nothing…” He trials off.
Though I know its not nothing we continue to dance together. Behind Daehyun’s back I can see Biho motioning me to come to him with his hand.
“Uh Daehyun I have to use the bathroom. I’ll be back.” Without letting him reply I head off towards the exit after signaling for Biho to come follow me.

_________________________________

I would write more for this chapter but I have to decide what will happen next. haha