A One of a Kind Offer

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 6: A One of a Kind Offer


“Ms, Hwang’s Psychic Readings”
An eerie feeling begins to creep down my spine. The location isn’t the best part of the city. The sign, “Welcome to Downtown Busan” was visible in the distance. Most of the letters have broken off leaving the letter to hang by the end or most have fallen off completely from harsh conditions and oldness. The whole block is black and gloomy making the atmosphere feel creepy. The eerie feeling doesn’t leave. My instinct comes in telling me to get out of here. Just as I am about to get the heck out of there the door to the small psychic reading building opens swiftly with a sharp ding as the bell goes off. I jump a foot back surprised. A crying woman runs out of the building, while dabbing her tears dry with a tissue. Her eyes are a dark red from all the crying. I watch as the young woman runs off while shaking her head no. An old woman wearing baggy clothes steps out of the store door halfway and begins to call out for the young woman.
“You cannot deny it! It is in your future!” The old woman yells loud enough for the young woman to hear, but it was too late as the woman has reached her car and drove away. The old woman takes a deep sigh and shakes her head.
“Aish…” the old woman says.
‘This lady is nuts’
The old woman quickly snaps her head over to my direction.
“Oh my a lost cat,” the woman says and picks me up. I squirm in the old woman’s arms wanting to be put down. I don’t want to be near this strange woman. The old woman steps back into the building. Knowing that I am trapped, I scratch the woman. She drops me and I take my chance and run to a dark corner. The room is dark, with the only source of illumination coming from a small lamp in the middle of the room. The room is silent making the atmosphere of the room feeling uneasy.

“Don’t hide,” the old woman says after recovering.

‘No. Leave me alone. I need to get out of here.’

“I’ll let you out when you stop hiding,” the old woman says. Her voice coming from a few feet away.

‘H-how did she know what I said?’ I think to myself.

“I am a psychic. I can read human thoughts. And I know who you are…” Ms. Hwang, I assume who she is, says mysteriously.

‘What do you mean?’

“I wondered, ‘How could I read a cat’s thoughts when I am only able to read the thoughts of humans?’, but then it came to me. You are a human. You’re a human trapped in a cat’s body. Am I correct?” Ms. Hwang asks and steps into the light provided by the small lamp. Her eyebrows raised as if she knows for sure that she is correct.

‘Y-yes. Your right. I was turned into a cat when I was eight years old’

“Oh you poor child. What would you say if I told you that I could help you? I could turn you back into a human…” Ms. Hwang says with a grin on her face meaning this is a one of a kind offer.

The whole thought hit me hard leaving me stunned. Is she being serious? Can I actually be human again? I’m lost in my thoughts.

“So, what do you say?” Ms. Hwang asks when I don’t respond.

I come back to reality from my thinking.

‘Okay…’ I say with as much confidence as I could muster.

--------------------------------

Daehyun’s POV

I notice out of the corner of my eye that Yuni is running away. I pull away from the hug.

“Yuni! Come back here!” I yell out for my best friend and begin to run after her. The guys run alongside me. Yuni is picking up her pace and soon she is out of site. 

I stop and put my hands on my knees and begin to breathe heavily from all the running. I feel Yongguk pat my back.

“It’s okay Daehyun, she’s a smart cat, she’ll be back,” Yongguk reassures me.

“I know she is, but why would she run away?” I say confused. I go back to Heesun and say goodbye and leave with the guys to search for Yuni.

______________________

Hi guys! :) 

This is my last daily update. From now on I will be posting once a week. 

Comment what you think of the story! ^^