I'm Yuni

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 13: I'm Yuni

Daehyun's POV

*An hour earlier*

After getting out of math class I make my way down the hallway when I notice Heesun and her two friends talking. I begin to start walking towards them when I hear their conversation. I hid behind the corner and begin to listen intently to what they are saying. Yes I am evesdropping. 

"I can't stand that Yuni girl! Ugh she is so annoying. I swear if Daehyun hadn't come along that day I would have told her off after pushing her to the ground first," Heesun says and lets out some steam.

"Why did you even push her first? She didnt do anything to you," her friend asks her.

"Ugh shut up Dosoo!" Heesun snaps back.

'She pushed her first? She said it was an accident,' I think to myself.

"I'm going to make her regret coming to this school," Heesun has her final word.

Just before I was about to confront Heesun, the bell rings signaling that it's time for the next class too start. Heesun and her friends depart.

Yuni's POV

*Present*

School had ended and me and Daehyun start home without him waiting for Heesun. 

"I hope Yuni's okay," Daehyun starts talking after a moment of silence once we reach the house.

"I'm sure she is," I say.

"Maybe I should just stop looking for her. Maybe she wanted to run away, I don't even know," Daehyun says sadly.

"Hey don't think like that," I say as I put my hand on Daehyun's shoulder to confort him.

Daehyun's eys look down at my forearm and his eyes widen. Noticing this I quickly pull back my arm and cover it.

"Mingi, those scars..." Daehyun trials off his eyes still focused on my arm.

"It's nothing," I say quietly.

"It looks like-" 

"Yuni's..." I finish his sentence for him.

"Yeah...how did you know?" Daehyun questions me.

"Remember you told me about her scratches," I say.

"Yeah but. It looks the same as hers," Daehyun says.

'Should I tell him that it's me? I mean I have to tell him sometime? Why not now...' 

"Daehyun, I'm Yuni," I flat out say it.

Daehyun's eyes widen and he begins to nervously laugh.

"Haha..your kidding right? Your crazy!" Daehyun freaks out. I was hoping he wouldn't.

"No I actually am," I say.

"No you can't be," Daehyun refuses to accept it.

"Ask me any question about you and I will know all of the answers," I say and cross my arms and wait for him to ask.

"Pssh alright. How old was I when I broke my arm?" Daehyun asks in a tone as if he knows I wouldn't know the answer.

"Ten. You broke it on your 10th birthday," I smirk. I could tell I caught Daehyun off guard.

"Okay, how old was I when I got Yuni?" Daehyun asks.

"Nine," I say. Of course I know that one.

"Alright, when's my birthday?" Daehyun asks still not beliving that I'm Yuni.

"June 28th, that one's easy give me a hard one" I say.

"Sure. So if you are human now then you must rmember what the first thing I said to you was," Daehyun says as if he knows he has me now.

Without hesitation I say, "Your my new best friend. I'll take care of you."

And with that Daehyun falls to the floor.

________________

Hey guys!

I haven't updated in like two weeks! Sorry!

And sorry for the short update.