Daehyun's Confession

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 23: Daehyun's Confession

Daehyun’s POV
“So uh… see you in the morning,” I say as we stand before her bedroom door after coming home from hanging out the entire evening.


“See you tomorrow..” Yuni whispers sweetly, lightly blushing.


We stand motionless before each other as we silently look at one another. Feeling as if it’s the right time to do this, I hesitantly move in closer to see if she thinks it’s the right time too. When she dosent move out of the way, I continue to enclose the space between us as I lean in and get ready to softly kis- “DAEHYUN!”

I wake up with a start to find myself in my bed. The time reads 8:00 am. It’s morning.


“Daehyun hurry up your going to be late!” My mom yells for me to get up and get ready for school.


“Uhmma you interrupted my dream!” I whine like a little kid.


“Yeah yeah you can dream about Yuni later,” she teases. I stare at her dumbfounded. “H-how did you know that?!” I ask amazed.


“No time for questions hurry and get dressed!” And with that she leaves.


Grunting, I get dressed for the day.


***


“Hey Daehyun hyung where were you first hour?” Youngjae asks as we watch Daehyun approach us in the hallway. His jacket looks like he threw it on, his hair left unbrushed. He looks like he got hit by a tornado.

“I overslept,” Daehyun chuckles.

“Haha that explains it,” Zelo teases.

“I got to go to my locker, see you guys at lunch,” Youngjae says before giving me a kiss and walking off down the hall.

“Same, see you guys later,” Yongguk adds and soon all the guys decide its time to get ready for class.

“Sooo….” Daehyun awkwardly says causing me to laugh.

“Soo….”

“So did you have fun hanging out?” Daehyun smiles.

“Yes! It was the funnest time I had since forever!” I beam and give him a hug.

“Really? It’s the same for me!” He says.

Pulling away from the hug we see Heesun and her friends passing by us as they glare intently.

“What do you want Heesun?” Daehyun asks defensively.

Heesun just rolls her eyes at me before turning around the corner.

“What’s her problem?” I ask.

“Who knows I don’t even care,” Daehyun chuckles. I smile brightly up at him.


***


“Hey Mingi, do you want to go shopping with me?” Mrs. Jung stands before my open door with her bag and keys in hand.

I set my homework aside. “Sure I need a break from all these due papers,” I answer exhausted. I need a break desperately.

“Great! Let’s go!” Mrs. Jung motions with her hand for me to follow. 

“Yuni did you ever wear makeup?” Mrs. Jung asks me as we pass by the makeup counter in the mall.

“No I never owned any,” I admit.

“Do you want to wear makeup?” She beams. 

“YES!” I excitedly jump and down like a little kid.

“Daebak! Let’s talk to the assistant on what you need and she’ll show you how to apply it,” Mrs. Jung leads me to the smiling assistant who begins to pick put different concealers, foundations, and etc.

“Alright! That’s it! That’s the makeup tutorial!” Mrs. Kye grins and hands the mirror over to me.

 

***


“The guys are over to hang out with Daehyun,” Mrs. Jung informs me as we enter the house.

“Alright, thank you so much Mrs. Jung!” I bow.

“No problem! Anytime!” She says and heads off into the kitchen.

Heading up the stairs I make my way over to Daehyun’s room to great all of them.

Slowly the door to his room opens after I knock.

“Hey Min-MINGI?” Daehyun stands before me eyes wide open and so is his mouth.

“Uh-yeah…what’s wrong?” I ask as I walk into the room.

Just like Daehyun all of the other guys have the same facial expression.

“Why are you pabos looking at me like that?” I demand to know.

“Mi-mingi your face!” Jongup looks up at me dumbfounded.

“Oh my makeup does it look that bad?” I suddenly become shy as I try to hide my face.

“Mi-mingi you look HOT!” Himchan bursts out causing Youngjae to snap back into reality and punch his hyung for calling his girlfriend hot.

“Uh haha thanks…” I reply awkwardly.

“Jagiya you look beautiful. Like an ulzzang!,” Youngjae says as he gets up and gives me a hug.

“Really? You like it?” I ask worriedly.

“Yes it looks nice. But you look nice without makeup too,” He says before giving me a kiss on the forehead too.

I smile before turning to Daehyun who is standing quietly.

“You look amazing,” Daehyun replies with a half smile.

 

***


*The next day*


“So Daehyun what happened to Heesun that night?” Jongup asks as we sit around the lunch table. 


“Jongup…” Zelo lightly shushes his hyung knowing it’s not something to talk about.


“It’s fine Zelo. I broke up with her the day after the dance so it won’t hurt to talk about her. And good thing I did break up with her. I found out this morning that that night she cheated on me with Biho,” Daehyun explains shaking his head.


“What?! That!..that!…that!” Himchan boils with fury.


“Himchan watch your language,” Yongguk warns.


“That Ninka poop!” Himchan changes his choice of words originally planning to call Heesun by a much worser name. “How dare she do this to dongsaeng!” He adds.


“Calm down Uhmma it’s alright. I suspected it anyways by the way she was looking at him the whole night,” Daehyun says.


“Well good riddens! There are other girls who are way better than Heesun anyways!” Yonnguk exclaims and the guys agree.


“So…anyways…” Daehyun tries to change the subject off of him.


“Mingi why are you wearing gloves and a scarf?” Youngjae finally decides to ask me.


“Oh I’ve been feeling pretty cold lately,” I lie.


“Aw Mingi-ah,” and with that Youngjae wraps his arms around me in a hug to keep me warm.


Blushing I say, “Thanks Oppa.”


“Oh Daehyun hyung did we have math homework?” Youngjae suddenly remembers and asks Daehyun who was looking off into the distance away from looking at us the entire time.


“Oh….no we didn’t get any,” Daehyun suddenly becomes distant.


“Are you alright Dae?” I ask him realizing something is wrong.


“Uh yeah everything is fine. Um I’ll see you guys after school,” and with that Daehyun gets up from the lunch table and starts heading off towards the exit.


“I’ll be back guys,” I tell everyone before heading off to find Daehyun.


Walking out of the cafeteria I look around every corner in search for Daehyun until I find him sitting on the floor in front of his locker.


“Hey. Are you sure there’s nothing wrong?” I ask as I take a seat next to him.


I break his train of thoughts “Huh? Oh yeah just great.” He tries to put on a fake smile.


“Yeah yeah whatever Daehyun I’ve known you since I was six I know when your okay and not okay. Is it about Heesun?” I ask.


“What? No, no I could care less about her.” He says.


“Then what is it?”

 
No response comes from him just a helpless deep long sigh.


“Daehyun please tell me,” I say.


“Alright…remember when I told you that I found the girl for me?” He stops as he waits for me to respond. He begins again after seeing me shake my head yes. “Well she’s really amazing. She’s so sweet she always knows how to cheer me up and she gives me really good advice and is always there to listen to me. She’s really caring, she’ll do anything to help me. She’s so smart! She’s really funny and always makes me laugh. She just has an amazing personality. And her looks! She’s just too beautiful. She’s been for me ever since I can remember. I wish I could be such an amazing friend to her as she is to me. But the thing that keeps bothering me is that she fell for someone else,” Daehyun opens up his feelings and lets everything come out without a breathe in between. I sit taking everything in as he watches me for my reaction.


“Oh…who is she?” I make myself say

 

A sigh escapes from him. “Do I have to spell it out for you?!” He helplessly booms out. I flinch at the raising of his voice.


“What do you mean?” I ask him silently.


“Its you Yuni…it’s always been you…” Daehyun softly and silently speaks until his voice is almost to a whisper. His tone of voice solemn. And without letting me comprehend what just happened, he gets up and walks away down the hall as the sound of the bell rings signaling the beginning of class and students flooding the hallway.

__________________________________

So Daehyun confessed! c: I hope it wasnt too early for him to do so. >.<