The New Couple

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 5: The New Couple

It’s Monday after school and it’s the first day of Daehyun officially being the team captain. I’ve been coming to Daehyun’s soccer practices and games ever since he was 9 and I was 8 and I haven’t missed a single one. 

The guys are all here to cheer Daehyun on as well. Every once in a while Daehyun would look over at our direction nervously and the guys would put their fists up into the air and mouth, “Hwaiting!”

“Alright Daehyun, lead your team through the warm ups and then go through our strategies,” Coach Kim instructs Daehyun and walks off towards the school.

“Go Daehyun! HWAITING!” Heesun calls out from the very front row of the bleachers standing up on the seat as if she wasn’t visible from being in the front.

A smile erupts onto Daehyun’s face and he begins to blush very hard causing him to turn around to hide his face.

“So what’s up with those two? Are they dating?” Youngjae says as he stuffs Daehyun’s after practice snacks into his mouth, which is going to result in Daehyun not talking to him for a week. 

“I don’t know, they’ve been pretty flirty lately for the past two weeks. If they’re not, they need to. They’d make a cute couple,” Yongguk says as he snatches the bag of crackers out of Youngjae’s hand leaving the younger to stay still in place as the cracker he was about to bring up to his mouth breaks into pieces. Yongguk takes the bag and puts it back into Daehyun’s sports bag before taking a cracker for himself and secretly eating it.

“Yeah they would. It’s obvious that she is just as much in love with him as he is with her,” Himchan says as he dusts off the crumbs, being the Uhmma of the group, that Yongguk had made while trying to secretly eat the cracker. 

Not able to stand this conversation any longer, I make my way down the steps and sit behind the bleachers.
-------
Daehyun’s POV

“Daehyun you go up to that girl and ask her to be your girlfriend right this minute!” Himchan orders his dongsaeng in his commanding Uhmma voice.

“What if she say’s no?” I as my friends in a weary voice.

“I doubt that she will. It’s obvious that she does like you! You need to take this chance,” Yongguk says trying to lesson my nerves.

“Alright, I’ll go for it!” I exclaim and make my way over to Heesun and her group of friends.

Yuni’s POV

I’ve made it to Daehyun’s school and notice the group of boys near the entrance of the school. I make my way up to them and see that Daehyun is walking away from the group and over to Heesun.

“Hi Heesun, how’s it going?” Daehyun says in a shaky voice. It was obvious that he was nervous about something. 

Heesun’s face lights up. “Hi Daehyun, nothing much. What about you?” She asks and smiles sweetly.

“Nothing much. I was wondering…um, do you uh want to be my…” Daehyun pauses leaving Heesun to wait for him to continue.

“Are you okay Daehyun?” Heesun asks with a look of concern on her face.

“Yeah, I’m fine, thank you. I was wondering if you want to be my…girlfriend?” Daehyun says with his head facing the ground but he slowly looks up and smiles a half smile.
“I would love to,” Heesun says and the two hug each other 

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I begin to run back from where I came from, past the gate to the school, past the block, and past Daehyun’s neighborhood. I just wanted to get out of there. Once I couldn’t bear to run anymore I stop and catch my breath. I find myself on a street sidewalk in front of side by side stores. I look up and see the sign, “Ms. Hwang’s Psychic Readings”…. 

______________________

Hi guys! :)

Do you know what's going to happen next?

Comment what you think of the story! ^^