Biho Strikes

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 17: Biho Strikes

Daehyun and Yongguk’s conversation over the phone earlier:

Yongguk: “What? Are you sure?”

Daehyun: “Well I don’t know…but I think so. Hyung I keep thinking about how beautiful and amazing she is. YONGGUK HELP ME!”

Yongguk: “Ok! Ok! Dude chill! When did you start thinking about her like that?”

Daehyun: “Um I think it was….when Youngjae asked her to the dance…”

Yongguk: “Okay your jealous then, right?”

Daehyun: “Yeah I guess. Whenever I see them sit at lunch together and talk it kills me. Expecially when he asked her to the dance I wasn’t happy.”

Yongguk: “Daehyun you cant think like that! You have a girlfriend that you love! And Youngjae is with Mingi. Dude you have to get over her.”

Daehyun: “Alright Hyung your right, she’s with Youngjae and I besides I do love…Heesun.”

Yongguk: “Glad I could help.”
 

***

*Friday the next day,a day before the dance*

“What?!” Biho slams down his fist on the lunchroom table.

“Yeah, sorry bro,” Mark, Biho’s friend sympathizes.

“How can she do this to me? She said she wouldn’t go to the dance with him,” Biho’s anger boils within him at the thought. 

*Friday night*


It’s 30 minutes before Daehyun needs to be at school to warm up for the big soccer game tonight.

“You excited?” I walk up next to Daehyun to finishes putting on his other sock.

“Yeah excitement mixed with nervousness,” He says as he stands up and takes in a deep worried breath.

“Don’t worry, you’ll do great!” And with that we’re off to the game.

***

“Alright guys this is the big game. We know our strategy. Mark passes it back and forth with Jongup who fakes a pass and goes towards the goal but sends it to Biho who then passes it to me to make the goal,” Daehyun goes over the game plan and the other players nod their heads in agreement.
As I watch Daehyun talking to his team members, Youngjae returns with the rest of the guys after going to search for them.

“Sorry for taking so long Mingi-ah, Himchan was busy talking to some girls,” Youngjae rolls his eyes.

I giggle, “It’s fine.”

“Are you cold?” Youngjae asks as he notices me shiver as the cold fall breeze passes by. My thin jacket is much help.

“Yeah but it’s fine,” I say.

“Here,” Youngjae starts to take off his coat and hands it to me to wear.

“It’s alright, you need it,” I push the jacket away lightly.

“Aish,” He says as he wraps his coat around me.

“Thank you Oppa,” I smile as I tighten the coat around me more.

“Anytime,” with that he wraps his arm around me.

Daehyun’s POV

“Alright, hwaiting guys!” Daehyun finishes his pep talk and the huddle breaks up. Walking to the benches I look up to see the guys and Yuni together giving me the hwaiting sign to show support. With enthusiams I do the same, but it fades away when I see Youngjae put his arm around Yuni who is smiling at him then at me. 

‘Don’t be a pabo Daehyun. Stop thinking about her.’

I look away from them to Heesun who is by herself cheering on for me. Before heading to the field I give her a slight wave.

“Good luck everyone,” The referee blows his whistle signaling the start of the game. All is going well, our plan is working perfectly. Jongup’s fake pass succeeds as the other team’s player falls for it. Jongup continues and runs for the goal. 

“Jongup pass now!” Biho calls out for Jongup who kicks the ball over in one shift motion and Biho is off towards me near the goal.
Ready for his pass I stand in my position  he comes closer and closer but instead of kicking the ball over to me he kicks me hard on my leg. Pain rushes up my leg causing me to loose balance and fall to the ground.

Everything happens in a rush, Biho scores the goal causing everyone to stand up and celebrate.

I scream out in pain when the pain becomes too unbearable.

I could see coach running up to me to help me stand up. 

“Daehyun what happened?” He asks.

“Biho, he kicked me,” I in the pain as I say.

“He’ll be disqualified, you need to go to the doctor,” Coach helps me walk towards my mother and father who ran up when they saw me fall down.

Yuni’s POV

As Daehyun falls down I stand up and about to run over but stop when I see Heesun and his parents already make their way over to him.

“It’s alright Mingi, they’ll help him,” Youngjae reassures me.

“I know they will. Buho did that on purpose though.” I say as I watch a Biho scowling at Daehyun as he is carried off of the field.

____________________________

The next chapter will be about the dance!