Someones in Love

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 3: Someones in Love 

“Daehyun, how were your soccer captain try outs?” Yongguk, the eldest, asks his dongsaeng as me and Daehyun approach the group of boys.

“It was okay, after that jerk BiHo almost got me kicked off of the tryouts. He made a big deal out of nothing when I accidentally bumped into him,” Daehyun says with a disgusted look on his face. Just the thought of what happened yesterday made Daehyun angry.

“You want us to have a talk with him Daehyun? No one messes with my dongsaeng,” Yongguk says with a serious look on his face showing that he means it.

“No, hyung I don’t want you too. This is my battle and I’ll go through it myself,” Daehyun says reassuring his hyung that he was fine. 

“Alright, just let me know if you need help,” Yongguk says and smiles at his dongsaeng. The elder pats Daehyun on the back.

“Yeah and if it wasn’t for HeeSun, I wouldn’t have been trying out. She stepped forward and told coach that it was BiHo’s fault and not mine,” Daehyun says as he stares of into space with a huge grin on his face making it obvious that he was thinking about her.

The other boys begin to cheer and clap for their friend.

“Looks like hyung has a girlfriend,” Zelo says with a cheeky grin. The light shade of pink starts to form on Daehyun’s cheeks.

“He isn’t denying it! He does like her!” Youngjae exclaims and begins to point at Daehyun who is blushing like crazy.

“Dongsaeng, you do like her?” Yongguk says and ruffles Daehyun’s hair.

“Yah, hyung…” Daehyun says cutely and tries to cover his face in his hands to cover up his blushing.

“Dae’s in love,” Himchan teases his dongsaeng.

“Admit it hyung, you have a cruh-ush!” Jongup joins in on the teasing.

Daehyun removes his hands from his face which is still a tinted pink. 

“Alright, alright, I do have a crush on HeeSun,” Daehyun says in a muffled voice as he looks shyly at the ground. 

The rest of the boys begin to cheer for their friend.

“Alright go Dae! She’s like the most popular girl at our school,” Himchan says as he searches amongst the high schoolers for the girl with the pink bow in her hair.

“Yeah, but she’s so nice and smart and pretty. Forget the popularity title, she’s everything I want in a girl,” Daehyun says in a voice that would make you believe that he was truly in love.

I look away from my best friend.

Himchan, who is still searching for HeeSun, jumps in his place and points to a direction near the front doors of the school.

“Looks who’s waving over to us,” Himchan says and keeps on pointing.

Himchan is pointing over to HeeSun and her group of friends. 

“HeeSun is waving over to you Daehyun!” Zelo says excitedly.

“No, she couldn’t be. She’s probably pointing over to someone else,” Daehyun says. He looks over at HeeSun who is still waving and is waiting for Daehyun to wave back.

“Wave back you pabo!” Youngjae says and raises Daehyun’s hand and begins to wave to HeeSun for him. HeeSun smiles at Daehyun and goes back to talking to her friends.

“See, she was waving at you,” Himchan says.

The sign of happiness is visible in Daehyun’s eyes.

“We should head home now. Do you guys want to come over?” Daehyun askes his friends.

“Sure,” the guys answer back in unison.

“Okay. Lead the way YuNi,” Daehyun tells me. Not having to be told twice I start the trip back home.

---
We are almost nearing Daehyun’s neighborhood when I come across the sign that has been haunting me for the past seven years. Bahan Town Park. I sit in my place as I look into the set up of the park. Everything seems peaceful making it seem like the perfect place to hang out at. 

The boys stop in their tracks.

“Daehyun why did your cat stop outside of the park? She’s just sitting there,” Youngjae says as he watches me.

“I don’t know, she usually does this. She stops outside of the park and watches. I think that she wants to go in, but when I tell her that we can go in, she begins to get really scared and hides behind me as if begging me not to go in there,” Daehyun says in a concerned voice.

I notice the guys staring at me and move on leading us home.