He Knows

Cats Can be Human

Chapter 12: He Knows:

It was as if I was a cat again. Daehyun and I had a casual conversation. After that night he was able to talk to me like when I was a cat. He told me of his personal life, soccer, grades, and well his girlfriend Heesun. I was so happy to be accepted by Daehyun that I would get lost in thought most of the time. I’d find myself thinking about him and how we’re getting close to being friends again even if it’s only going to stay that way. As friends.

“It’s getting pretty chilly,” I shudder as a cold wind passes by. Daehyun glances at me and notices my shivering.

“Here,” Daehyun says as he takes off his coat and hands it to me. I take a few minutes by looking at his coat and shake my head in disagreement.

“No that’s okay, you need it. Thank you,” I say and look straight ahead declining his offer.

“I want you to wear it. Besides I’m fine without it,” He says and moves his coat towards my direction insisting that I take it. I could tell that he was cold without the coat, but Daehyun stubbornly won’t let me say no.

“Thank you,” I say and take the coat from him. He just smiles and nods his head. His coat instantly warms me and a smile creeps onto my face as we continue our walk to school.

***

“Miss. Han,” I hear Mr. Choi firmly say after he clears his throat. I snap my head immediately up at the sound of my name.

I straighten my self up in my seat before saying, “ Yes. Mr. Choi?”

“I would really appreciate it if you get your nose out of your notebook and listen to the lesson,” Mr. Choi says strictly and I could feel the glares of others all around me.

“I’m sorry Mr. Choi,” I say and close my notebook slowly. I had been writing song lyrics through his whole lesson. Since I was nine I would have lyrics pop into my head that I had to instantly write down. Sadly I wasn’t able to do that as a cat, but now as a human I took the chance and wrote down lyrics as much as I can.

“Now what is the answer to this equation, Miss. Han?” Mr. Choi asks as he points towards the lesson on the board. This was his way for punishing me for not paying attention in class. I squint my eyes at the board as I study the easy equation.

“X is undefined,” I say confidently. I could see that Mr. Choi was put of my knowing of the answer. I smirk and drift off into my thoughts. Yes, I have been studying with Daehyun ever since I was nine. He would bring his homework home and work on it and I would sit beside him and study the book and his work ever since seven years ago.

“Correct…” Mr. Choi trails off obviously upset that I got the answer right as he was hoping that I would get it wrong since I wasn’t paying attention.

“I’m telling you that girl is weird.” I hear a whisper from behind me. I didn’t have to turn around to know who it was. It was Daehyun’s first love, Choi Heesun.

***

Finally it was gym class. One of the only classes I have with Daehyun. We are all sitting on the bleachers awaiting Mr. Lee’s directions. I’m sitting alone while Daehyun and Heesun are sitting a few feet away from me. Just when Daehyun was going to sit next to me with Heesun by his side, she pulls him away saying she wants to sit higher up leaving me alone. All Daehyun did was give me a shrug as he was pulled away by Heesun.

“Alright class, come out onto the court and stretch before we begin the game,” Mr. Lee says and the other students rush down the steps of the bleachers. After most of the others come down I slowly make my way down myself when all of a sudden I am sent flying down to the floor. I shriek in pain as I hold my knee.

“Mingi! Are you alright?” Mr. Lee asks as he runs up to me.

“No, I scraped my ankle pretty badly,” I motion towards my knee which is slightly bleeding.

“We should get you bandaged,” Mr. Lee says as he heads towards hi office to get the first aid kit.

“Mr. Lee!” Daehyun calls out after the teacher.

“Yes?” Mr. Lee stops to look at Daehyun.

“I’ll bandage her knee,” Daehyun replies with a serious look on his face.

“Alright. The kit is in the second drawer of my desk,” Mr. Lee answers. Daehyun turns his eyes towards me as he bends down.

“Here wrap your arms around my neck,” He instructs me. I blink my eyes a few times before coming to. I do as he says. He wraps his arm around my waist and helps me to stand up by keeping my balance as we walk to Mr. Lee’s office.

“Here sit on his desk,” Daehyun says but before I was able to do so he picks me up and sets me down on top of Mr. Lee’s desk. He begins to open the second drawer in search for the kit. Once it’s found, Daehyun turns his gaze on my knee. He winces at the sight as my knee is a disgusting blue and red color. He begins to clean the scratch marks ending with a band aid.

“There all done,” He says and smiles up at me.

“Thank you Daehyun,” I shly smile as I try to hid my blushing. He helps me back down and before we leave the office he stops me and says, “Don’t let Heesun push you around like that.” and without another word he continues on with me trailing behind. He saw her push me? I didn’t want to say anything about it being Heesun who pushed me but he saw her do it.

____________________________

So does Daehyun know how mean Heesun is to Yuni or not?

You'll find out in the next chapter!