chapter 2

My teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day was Friday as I made my way to school. The weather was warm but there was a nice breeze that would comb through my hair, a clear indicator that winter was soon to come. Since I lived a few blocks away from school, it was always very normal for me to walk to class surrounded by my thoughts. So it came as no surprise to me when I suddenly found myself thinking about what happened yesterday with Mr. Kim. At the thought of his name, I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach, a feeling that is quite familiar with the thought of Mr. Kim. However, this time it felt different, not a large significance but it was easily noted; I still feared Mr. Kim, but after yesterday, this feeling in my stomach feels a bit like anticipation. Truthfully I am anxious to see how things will turn out today when I get to class, I was nervous too since I didn’t know what to do. Is there some sort of social protocol that I have to follow now since he is my “friend” or do I just go about my day in his class as usual? Do I say ‘hi?’ will he say hi? Will he even say anything?

I doubted it somehow. Yesterday seemed to be all too surreal to be believable but yet the messages are still in my inbox so it really did happen. My head was spinning with all of these thoughts that I didn’t even notice that there was a car beside me until I heard a honk.

The loud horn startled me as I quickly turned around to see a sleek black BMW, from the way it looked; it seemed to be one of the newest models. I was puzzled because I didn’t really know anyone who owned a nice car like that until I saw the window roll down. Inside the car was a very charming Mr. Kim wearing Ray- Ban sunglasses,

“Need a ride?” He asked as he slid his glasses down a bit glance at me.

I looked from him to the school, judging if I really needed a ride or not. I wanted to keep walking but I couldn’t deny that I was running a little late and the school was still two blocks away. However, I would get in trouble if I was spotted arriving to school with Mr. Kim.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Mr. Kim.” I replied as I tucked my hair behind my ear, a nervous habit of mine.

Mr. Kim glanced at his watch and then back at me, his eyebrows furrowed in concern, “You’re going to be late to my class then.”

I shook my head, “Don’t worry about me, Mr. Kim, I’ll be there.”

He sighed as he rolled his window back up and drove to the school. I don’t know how to feel about the fact that he let me off easy for declining his offer; something tells me to stay on guard today in class. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 6:57, class was about to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter