Chapter 5

My teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had my bags ready and waiting by the stairwell as I sat on the steps waiting for Mr. Kim’s arrival. I was going to give it one last try to get him to let me stay here and my resolve was final, I was not leaving! But then I glanced back to my suitcases; if I was so determined to stay here, then why are my bags all packed and ready to go? I didn’t have much time to ponder because the door bell rang, meaning that he’s here. I shot up from my spot and raced towards the front door, frantically unlocking it. Why was my body reacting like this?

When I finally opened the door, a casual clad Mr. Kim stood leaning against the doorway with his signature sunglasses. A smile graced his face as he saw my bags packed in the corner, “great, you’re ready to go!”

He then proceeded to walk past me into my house to grab my luggage, “Let’s go, I’m making dinner for us tonight.”

I don’t know what happened to me but I felt a large thud in my chest after he said that and an after effect was the fuzzy feeling rolling around in the pit of my stomach. Without even a single word I was already out the door and locking it tight, what happened to the determination I had earlier? Wasn’t I going to complain, put up a fight, or protest? What in the world is happening to me?

The slamming of his trunk brought me back to reality as I slowly walked towards the passenger side door where Mr. Kim was already waiting for me.

“Did you tell your parents that you were staying somewhere else?” He asked as he held the car door open for me.

I shook my head as I made myself comfortable in the leather seat, clicking on my seatbelt, “I will text them now, since calling them is no use.”

The car ride wasn’t exactly awkward, the radio was on but mostly as background music while we chatted. However I shouldn’t have spoken too soon because the next song that came on the radio was one that made me want to curl up in a corner and die of embarrassment.

“I’ve been really tryin’ baby, tryin’ to hold back this feelin’ for so long.”

I swear I am going to kill Woohyun when I see him on Monday.

“And if you feel like I feel baby, then come on, OH COME ON,

Let’s get it on.”

We remained extremely quiet until Mr. Kim decided to sing along with the song,

“THEEERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH ME LOVIN’ YOOU, ANNND GIVIN’ YOURSELF TO ME COULD NEVER BE WRONG IF THE LOVE IS TRUUUUEE.”

His voice is actually pretty amazing; it’s soothing and gentle, mending perfectly to the song like butter on bread. I started to sway side to side getting into the rhythm because if you can’t beat them, join them right? I really wanted to get rid of this awkwardness that this song brought to me so the only way to lose it was to just to let go and relax.

We sang along to the radio for the rest of the ride until we reached the dri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter