Chapter 8

My teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It was a little over an hour when I decided to go back inside with Jiji, I clearly wasn’t going to resolve my feelings in one day. I walked into the kitchen to serve myself a glass of water and then headed upstairs to my room. As I was about to enter, I saw the door to Jaejoong’s office a bit opened; not wide enough to walk in but it was just enough to get a good look at him. He furiously typing away on the computer while flipping through our math textbook; a look of frustration was plastered on his face. I sighed as I looked at my watch; he’s been working for quite some time now. I looked at my glass of water and an idea popped in; I slowly made my way towards the door and entered, my presence being noticed as soon as I entered.

A tired smile was displayed on his face as he stopped working, “Hey,” he said.

I gave a small smile in return as I stood in front of him, “You’ve been at this for a while now, is everything alright?”

Jaejoong tilted his head as he beckoned for me to go around the desk to stand beside him, a gentle expression on his face, “writing up lessons for an entire week isn’t exactly easy, don’t worry too much though, I’ll be done in maybe another hour.”

I nodded my head as I set the glass of water on the desk, his eyes following my every move, “Don’t overwork yourself.”

I suddenly felt really shy and embarrassed so I tried to scurry out of the room only to have my wrist caught by the familiar warmth of his hand. He pulled me back towards him and had a brighter smile than the one he had a few seconds ago. He was rubbing small circles on the back of my hand with his thumb as he looked me in the eyes, “Thank you, Em.”

His voice was a rather husky and it caused a shiver to run up my spine.

“You’re welcome,” I replied, “I’ll just be doing my homework in my room so I’ll be down the hall if anything.”

He let go of my hand, the gentle grin never leaving his face as I turn and walk away. I felt his gaze on me until I walked into my room, leaving the door open. I grabbed my school bag from the corner of the room and plopped down on the cozy bed ready to face my assignments for the evening. I finished my literature homework in a flash since I already had a little more than half of it done in class and it took me at least twenty minutes to finish. I then moved on to my math homework, which was in fact, quite difficult since I’m not a person of numbers.

“You missed a step.” I voice suddenly said beside me, causing me to jump up in shock.

“Holy crap you scared the hell out of me!” I shouted while I held my hand to my heart, the rapid beating and my deep breathing clearly indicating how frightened I was.

Jaejoong chuckled as he rubbed my head, “Sorry, it’s just that you were so focused that you didn’t even notice me walk in. I couldn’t help but to come see what you were so tied up in.”

I sighed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter