Chapter 21

My teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae rested his head on the headboard with his eyes closed, the sunlight from the window finding solace on his porcelain skin; at that very moment he looked like the very definition of peace and tranquility. The same however, could not have been said for me, my heart was still pounding in my chest and his words from earlier rang through my head in alarm; did I get caught? My stomach sank into a pool of embarrassment at the thought. My eyes watched him carefully, from his slightly disheveled hair, to his long lashes resting against his cheeks, to his pale pink lips that were etched in a complacent smile, to the rise and fall of his firm chest, and lastly the way he held his arm wrapped around protectively on my waist. A dreamy sigh involuntarily left my lips at the sight before me, this angelic man would surely be my demise.

“I like it, you know,” Jae finally stated, his eyes finding mine as he spoke. I gave him a quizzical glance with my head slightly tilting to the right.

“Like what?” I questioned as Jae leaned closer to me, his dark brown eyes glistening with a hint of an unknown emotion.

“I like it when you stare at me the way you have been lately,” he bit his lower lip shyly but his eyes told a different story as they portrayed confidence with every word he said, “it feels like a dream to have you here like this with me. I don’t think you know how much of an effect you have on me; I’ve honestly never felt so happy and so at peace with myself in my entire life.”

His free hand cupped the right side of my face as he slightly tilted his head to the right, his minty breath dancing along the surface of my lips as he leaned in closer, “so please only keep your eyes on me,” he whispered huskily as his lips molded over mine so perfectly in a sweet kiss that left me swooning for more when he pulled away. My eyes fluttered up to his and we just held each other’s gaze for a while, neither one of us spoke a word as we just let the silence surround us with its peaceful welcome.

“I think I have an idea of what we can do today,” Jae spoke, the hand that was cupping my face earlier was now running through my, he absentmindedly twirled a few strands between his fingers.

I blinked up at him never wanting this moment to end, “and what is this idea of yours?”

Jae smiled as he leaned down and pecked my lips, “Get up and get dressed so you can find out,” he replied as he stood up from my and headed towards his room.

I quickly raided my closet pulling out a burgundy sweater, a pair of light blue jeans, and a pair of burgundy flats. I analyzed my reflection in the mirror and smiled, casual yet cute if I dare say so. I grabbed my phone and wallet and placed them into my cream colored bag before heading out of the room and went downstairs. I would not risk walking in on Jae again so I think waiting down here would be the best option to avoid a repeat of events from this morning, honestly, what has become of me? I have never been so bold and so curious in all my life and I don’t know whether to embrace it or fear it. On top of that, I wasn’t even entirely sure of where Jaejoong and I stood, are we still friends? Are we dating? Are we currently in a relationship? Although his has been straightforward with me from the start of our friendship, he had never made it clear of our official standing aside from being friends. The sudden thought sent bitter feeling to the pit of my stomach, what if this is all too good to be true? Could he just be playing me? I shook my head of the thought; Jaejoong isn’t that type of person…is he?

Before more doubts could fill my head, I heard rushed footsteps make their way down the stairs, Jaejoong smiled down at her as he jumped over the last few steps to stand before me.

   “You look beautiful,” he said as he took my hand in his and brought it up to his lips, giving me a small kiss on the back of my hand. I smiled faintly as I returned his complement, “You look good too, Jae Oppa.”

We headed out in his BMW; the ride although pleasant was filled with a bit of awkwardness on my behalf as my mind kept on wandering to those thoughts from earlier. I snuck a glance at Jaejoong who had his eyes focused on the road with his left hand on the steering wheel, I then looked down to our intertwined fingers, his thumb rubbing a small circular pattern on my hand. I wanted to desperately ask him about where we stood in our current situation but I was too much of a coward to do so, in fear of hearing an answer that would undoubtedly leave me heartbroken. Was I getting too ahead of myself? Or was I expecting too much from him?

     “Penny for your thoughts?” Jaejoong asked, as he quickly glanced over at me and then locked his eyes back on the road. Here is my chance, should I ask him? I took in a deep breath to steady my voice, I needed to silence these doubts once and for all and also prepare myself for better or worse.

    “Jae,” I took another deep breath, “where are we?”

Jaejoong looked back at me with a puzzled expression, “we are in the car on the way to the market place to buy groceries.” Well that certainly backfired.

I shook my head, a small smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter