Chapter 12

My teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The usual line of students awaited in front of room 215, however, there was something different that greeted me instead of their usual eerie silence; they were whispering. Some of them had their ears pressed against the door of Jaejoong's class room frowning slightly in frustration. I walked towards Woohyun who is usually waiting at the end of the line to enter the room, his eyes spoke volumes of unknown curiosity. Whatever was going on is definitely not good. My heart began to sink as I started to connect the dots, did someone see us this morning? I was close to hyperventilating when Woohyun finally opened his mouth to speak, 

"There seems to be a new person joining this class, someone who we unfortunately know." Woohyun placed his hand on my shoulder as if reassuring me everything would be alright, however, I wasn’t feeling any better. At least I know for sure that it has nothing to do with Jaejoong and I. But, whose the new student? 

Jaejoong opened the classroom door and we all began to file in, I didn’t fail to notice the familiar figure of the boy standing right in front of the board waiting to be introduced to the class. Though I needed no introduction to him because I knew him well; he is horrible, a monster from my nightmares, and unfortunately, he was someone I once thought I liked; Jung. Dae. Hyun.  

His name just rolls off the tongue but it leaves me with nothing but a bitter taste. He'll paint you a pretty picture of love but will leave you with nothing but wounds. Daehyun was the first boy I ever took interest in, he wasn’t my first love, looking back on it now what I felt for him is nothing compared to what I feel for Jaejoong. There was no love, just infatuation of dating the most popular boy in school.  

Looking back on it now, I feel so shameful, falling in line like all the rest of his fan girls desperate for attention. Although there is really nothing wrong with that, it's just that I'm a shame that it had to be with him.  

I felt his eyes follow me as I passed him, but I just kept on going; not even sparing him a glance as I sat down in my seat. Jaejoong was standing in front of the board with Daehyun by his side, and since he was in close proximity of the boy, I guess he didn’t fail to notice the set of eyes that were familiarizing themselves with my presence.  

"Good morning, we have a new student joining this class," Jaejoong then gave a daggered glare at the boy, "You, introduce yourself!" 

The hostility in Jae's voice was unmistakable, however, Daehyun didn’t even quiver or seemed to care at all as his gaze stayed locked on me, while I just watched Jae.  

"My name is Jung Daehyun and it's good to see you again," Daehyun said, the gleam in his eyes as gentle as ever, yet there was a flame that sparked in them.  

The girls in the class sighed at his dream-like figure; a slender but muscular build and hair that looked like brown silk. Nothing has physically changed about him except his height since the last time I saw him.  

"Go take the seat at the back," Jaejoong pointed. 

"But Mr. Kim, that's Maylee's seat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter