Chapter 4

My teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as I entered my house, I was greeted by four suitcases by the stairwell and my parents running around the house frantically.

“Soohyun, have you seen my cell phone? I can’t seem to find it anywhere!” My mother called up to my father from the kitchen as she was looking through all the cabinets to find her lost phone.

“No honey, it’s not up here! We need to hurry before our flight leaves!” My father replied hastily as he hurried down the stairs coming face to face with me.

“Oh, hi pumpkin! How was school?” He greeted me as he kissed my forehead as he stopped his rushing.

If there was one thing that was certain, it was that my parents would walk through fire for me, even if they were running late, if they saw me they would stop whatever they were doing to spend some time with me; Even if it was just a few minutes. No matter how busy they were, there was always a warm meal ready for me and they would always eat beside me.

“School was great, Daddy! I just had to stay behind to help my teacher set up for our class project.” I lied, knowing full well that if I told my father I had a detention because I refused to let my teacher, who was also my Facebook friend, give me a ride to school, he would have a heart attack.

My father smiled proudly, his chocolate brown eyes disappearing into crescent shapes, “That’s my good girl!”

“Oh, Emi, you’re home! I was so worried because you are so late!” My mother walked out of the kitchen with her lost phone in hand.

“You found your phone?” My father asked.

My mother smiled sheepishly, “You’ll never guess where I found it this time.”

My father and I waited for her response with amusement glistening in our eyes, “Continue.”

“I found it inside the freezer; it was inside the fudge-popsicle box.” She replied as she lowered her head to avoid being embarrassed.

My father and I began laughing manically; there was always a new hiding place for my mother’s phone.

“Alright, alright! Soohyun, we need to go already!” My mom tried to stop our laughter as she pulled my father and their luggage towards the front door.

“Bye pumpkin, take care of yourself! We should be home in two weeks if this business goes as planned.” My father said as he walked out the door.

My mother walked back to me and kissed my forehead, “You be good, don’t talk to strangers. Don’t stay out till late, no house parties, if you want you can have some friends sleep over if you feel lonely. I love you, you know that, now take care and we’ll see you soon alright?”

I smiled, “Alright mom. Have fun and good luck on your meeting!”

When they both left I went upstairs to my room, I hated being downstairs when they left for business trips, it always made me feel lonely. Well, I feel lonely regardless but what can I do? I set my backpack down by my bedside as I grabbed my laptop off the nightstand, immediately turning it on. I checked my email and then slowly made my way towards my usual social media outlets: Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest, and then finally Facebook.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t feeling anxious again when I logged on to my facebook today. I scrolled through my newsfeed for a while but my eyes always found themselves wandering to the lower left side of the screen where the available chat users were displayed. Mr. Kim wasn’t on yet, and I felt a bit disappointed because of that, he did say he wanted to chat again today right? I waited five minutes more before deciding to log off but after four minutes he arrived, just in the nick of time.

“Agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter