chapter 3

My teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before I knew it, school was already over and I was already making my way to 215 to serve my detention with Mr. Kim. Just thinking about what Woohyun told me today after math class had my heart beating in a sporadic melody as I turned the door knob. As I entered the room, I saw Mr. Kim organizing some papers before he looked up at me and gave me a mega kilowatt smile that I didn’t know he was even capable of doing.

“Finally, you’re here. I’ve been looking forward to this all day.” Mr. Kim said once he made sure the door was closed completely.

I glanced around the room only to realize that he and I were the only people in the classroom.

“No one else has detention with you today? I’m sure someone else has had to be late throughout all of your classes.” I stated, ignoring his enthusiasm for seeing me in his class again.

Mr. Kim rose from his seat and walked to the other side of the room, grabbing a chair and bringing it back behind his desk.

“Come, sit. I have some work for you to help me with.” Mr. Kim said as he patted the seat that he placed beside his.

I gulped a bit at the close proximity that we would have while sitting beside each other. His desk wasn’t so large to give us personal space, when I sit beside him we are literally thigh to thigh.

“I need you to help me grade the tests from today; just follow the answer sheet and everything should be pretty easy.” Mr. Kim said as he handed me a large pile of quizzes.

We started grading the papers in an awkward silence, I didn’t really know what to talk about, or even if I should say anything at all. The silence kept on until Mr. Kim cleared his throat,

“What is your relationship with Mr. Nam?” He asked me, breaking the quiet atmosphere that encompassed us.

I looked up from the quiz I was grading only to find his face inches from mine, his eyes locked on mine as if searching for something. I stuttered and carefully moved away for some space,

“W-Woohyun? We’ve been best friends since we were five, why?”

His face brightened a bit as a smile formed on his lips, the mega kilowatt smile making its return,

“Really? You guys aren’t dating or anything? Does he like you though?” He kept on bombarding me with his questions, not giving me enough time to answer all of them.

“We aren’t together, he has a girlfriend and they have been together for almost three years, and trust me, he doesn’t like me.” I replied in one breath, hoping I covered all of his questions.

“And before you ask, no, I do not like him either. We call each other brother and sister for a reason you know.” I added seeing that there was a question he forgot to ask.

His smile grew wider,

“Great!”

Another silence fell on us but this time it was a bit more comfortable, we exchanged conversations every now and again and shared laughs. There was this one quiz that I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter