Chapter 13

My teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So the douche bag apologized? Hah! That's refreshing." Woohyun chuckled sarcastically while chewing his lunch. 

"I know! It's so weird, Woo! I mean, what are the chances that I finally find some form of happiness and then Daehyun comes into the picture. Is this an omen that happiness can never be mine because of my past?" I rambled on and on as I kept my gaze on the person sitting three tables away from us.  

Not surprisingly, it's his first day and he's already sitting at the table with the popular kids. Karma seemed to have missed her mark on him, or even worse, she was probably swooned by his charm, if so, then karma truly is a and not in it's usual context.  

"Please, Em, spare the whole "the universe is against me" speech and save it for something that's actually worth talking about. That guy is just a no good flip-flopping floosy. I don’t want you anywhere near him and if he ever tries to talk to you again, I hope you serve him a knuckle sandwich Rocky Balboa style," Woohyun stated as he began to punch the air imitating a boxer. 

I rolled my eyes as a random thought hit me and a rather eerie smirk formed on my face, I had some unfinished business I needed to take care of.  

"OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" Woohyun whimpered, rubbing the backside of his head that I so eloquently slapped. 

"That was for interrupting me yesterday!" I smiled smugly while Woohyun continued to hiss and pout about how I assaulted the wrong person. 

A loud laugh gained our attention, it seemed like the popular kids tripped another freshmen. The poor boy was on the floor covered in the cafeteria's latest fashion, kimchi fried rice. I shook my head disapprovingly and glanced at Daehyun who to my surprise, was not joining in the laughter but instead, looking quite concerned for the younger boy. 

The laughter died down when Daehyun stood up from his seat and assisted the boy up from the ground, "That's not cool," he stated as he glared menacingly at the eight people who were laughing at the poor freshmen. 

Now that's a change. 

I glanced over at Woohyun only to find him with a look of skepticism plastered on his face. The old Daehyun wouldn't bother to help a person being bullied, he would just sit aside and just let it happen, even if it was for someone he personally knew and liked; someone like me.  

I quickly turned away from the scene before memories of the past began to flood my mind, I don’t want to remember those days, the past is in the past and I am happy now.  

"He's only doing it to gain brownie points with his fangirls." Woohyun scoffed as the  bell rang, "people like him don’t change, they always stay in their lane as selfish douchebags. 

Just then, Daehyun glanced at me, I guess it was too late for him to block out the memories of the past. Back then he would sit back and watch me be bullied without even a peep of protest against it, claiming that he was only doing it to protect me from his fan girls. A look of sorrow was what greeted me, the face of "I should have, and I would have" was what it seemed to be running across his mind. But I? I did what I did all those years ago, I turned around and walked away. It was too late for him to try.  

In chemistry was when my day got a bit better, Jaejoong had me excused from class saying that I needed to assist him with grading papers since I was supposed to serve a detention during lunch but didn’t show up. 

"What brought this on?" I asked as we walked down the empty hallways. 

"Curiosity," was his reply, "also, not being able to spend so much time with you today is killing me. I was debating stealing you away from the rest of the day before I decided against it." 

He took a quick glance around to make sure no one was around and listening, "I just miss you so much."  

I felt my cheeks heat up with shyness, I'm still having difficulty getting used to this side of him, "You shouldn’t be saying those kids of things here in the hallway."  

Jaejoong chuckled as he leaned down to whisper in my ear with his smooth and seductive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter