chapter 6

My teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t come down from my room until the moon made its appearance in the night sky and Mr. Kim called me down for dinner. I walked down the grand staircase with my nerves consuming every step I take; I’ve been avoiding leaving my room in fear of having that weird feeling erupt inside of me like it did on the balcony. The kitchen was on the first floor to the left of the entrance to the house, it was a modernized kitchen with everything stainless steel. On the island of the kitchen, stood Mr. Kim adding his final touches to our meal, which I must admit smelled beyond amazing!

It seemed like Mr. Kim was too concentrated on his work to even notice me, so I stood silently in the corner observing him. The way his eyebrows furrowed with determination and his tongue peaking out slightly over his lip showed how focused he was. I giggled a bit at the cute scene of Mr. Kim trying to place little herb leafs on top of the dish, giving it that polished professional appeal.

I clapped my hands as Mr. Kim pulled away from his masterpiece with a profound grin on his face before he turned to me.

“Dinner is ready!” He exclaimed as he brought both plates to the quaint dining area he set up for us. There was a nice view of the fountain in the front yard from where we were sitting and the fact that there was a nice table set up made it look so romantic. I sighed in content; Mr. Kim was definitely a keeper.

He then brought out two wine glasses which caused me to raise my eyebrows in suspicion,

“You don’t have to drink wine out of wine glasses, you know.” Mr. Kim retorted in a matter-of-fact tone, “I just thought that bringing out cans of soda and bottles of water would ruin the table settings that I worked so hard to make look perfect.”

A slight pout formed itself on his lips, “It took me a while to figure out how to make this look nice. I don’t always cook and entertain guests so this is a first for me.”

I smiled at him as his words sent this warm feeling throughout my body, “’Thank you, you didn’t really have to do all of this.”

I was beginning to feel shy as I felt his gaze on me, “I really wanted to do this for you so don’t worry about it.”

“Oh!” Mr. Kim jumped out of his chair which startled me completely, “I almost forgot!”

He then made a mad dash across the kitchen to a computerized system that he had installed in his walls and began pressing buttons. Before long, slow instrumental music began to flood the room; changing the entire atmosphere in the room. I honestly felt like I was in some cheesy romantic comedy movie by the time Mr. Kim sat back down at the table.

“You can’t enjoy a meal at Jaejoong’s five star restaurant without good music now, can you?” He stated as he pushed his chair in and straightened out his grey v- neck, “Now, let’s eat!”

While we were eating, we shared light conversation and I actually found myself growing quite fond of Jaejoong. We exchanged story for story and joke for joke, never feeling a moment of awkwardness as opposed to how it was earlier today. After dinner, I offered to do the dishes but Jaejoong downright refused my offer, stating that “You are my guest in this house and as a guest; you do not lift a finger to do any sort of work.”

We went back and forth until we both decided to do the dishes together,

“I wash, you dry.” Jaejoong said as he positioned himself in front of the sink, filling it with water and soap.

I stood right beside him as he washed each dish and handed them over to me, occasionally pulling them away when I went to grab them from him with a teasing smile.

“Jaejoong, stop playing around, let me have the plate.” I whined with a small pout hoping he would give in but he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter