chapter 7

love is unexpected!

 

"Okay guys, is everyone here? Anything left? Better check up again who's missing? We won't turning back." Mr.Park said as he's counting the number of students there. "Okay, seems like everyone is here. Soooo, let's get the camp on fireeeee!!. Okay guys, we better set the tent first." Mr.Park said with full of excited. "First of all, we need to group up you guys so that it will fixed the tent and our journey will be more systematic. So, each tent will have two person. So, we need a couple in one team. And guessed what? This time you guys cannot pick your own partners as I've decided it for you guys. *evil laugh*". "Omg Kyungsoo-ah, I'm planning two weeks before the camp that I want to have Chanyeol-ssi as my partners. Oetteoke?" Baekhyun concerned about the couple pairing. "Yah! Just wait until Park sonsaengnim said the couple names list. Be strong. I know you will be pairing up with him. Smile." "Thank you Kyungsoo-ah. You always know how to make my day" baekhyun smiled. 

 

 

 

 

 

As Mr.Park is pairing up the students, luckily Baekhyun get to pair up with his lovely Chanyeol. "Yeah! I'm with Chanyeol." Baekhyun shouted happily. "Wow, congrats. Good to hear that." Kyungsoo's smiled. But, the most shocking news that Kyungsoo's is pairing up with the Kingkas, Junmyeon. "What? I'm with Junmyeon-ssi" Kyungsoo's puzzled. Junmyeon walking to Kyungsoo. "Yah! Ppalli kaja. Don't day dreaming. Help me setting up the tent." Junmyeon's placing the tent down and spread it out. He then starts to set up the tent. "Yah! Ppalli. Or else you will be sleeping outside the tent." Junmyeon said with smile. "O-oh okay, I'll do it." Kyungsoo's helps the Kingkas. 

 

 

 

 

                        ~•~•~•~

 

 

 

 

"Wohoo.. Finally, we did it." Junmyeon said happily. "Kyungsoo-ah, let's take a rest." Kyungsoo's nodded. Kyungsoo's put his things in to the tent. So did Junmyeon. "Okay students, lunch time. Let's eat." Mr.Park yelled loudly. As Kyungsoo wanted to make a move, Junmyeon grabs his hand. Kyungsoo turns back. "What now? Please let my hands off. I'm tired. Plus I'm hungry. I want to eat." "I just want to ask you to go with me. Let's go together." Junmyeon smiled. "Yah! Baboya? Hello babo-ssi.. Don't you care your reputation later on? Think it deep please. Okay I know, you're drunk. Haha.. Annyeong~" Kyungsoo's pulled his hand very hard from Junmyeon's grabs. He then walks very quickly to the food base. 

 

 

 

 

"Okay, everyone's here? Before we start our journey, we need to have maximum energy. So, let's eat first okay, I know you guys must be outragously hungry don't you?" Mr.park said while smiling to everyone. "Okay, dig in guys." Everyones can't help themselves eating the foods served like they've been in thousands year with no eating. "Kyungsoo-ah, eat slowly okay. I'm scared you might chocked on later." Jaehwan politely adviced Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's look up to Jaehwan. "Hehe, mian. I'm just hungry. Plus the foods are super delecious." "Arasso. Here, take my beef." Jaehwan cuts his beef into half and place it on Kyungsoo's plate. "T-Thanks." Kyungsoo's cheeks turns red. Junmyeon, who seen the scenario, also place his beef on Kyungsoo's plate. "Here, eat more. You've done so many works. You need to regain your energy back." Junmyeon smiled. Kyungsoo's puzzled. He tought that it must be something wrong with the kid. "What's wrong with him? He's like unusual. I mean, he's so kind to me. Not like the usual Junmyeon." 

 

 

 

 

                            ~•~•~•~

 

 

 

 

 

After lunch, everyones have theirs me time in the tent. They can do anything the want as the scheduled is empty. Kyungsoo's want to take a nap in the tent. But suddenly Baekhyun butted in and woke him up. "Yah! Kyungsoo-ah, ppali ireona.. Let's go to the river together. I want to feel the nature water. Please. Hurry up." "Yah! Leave me alone, I'm tired. I want to take a nap." "Kyungsoo-ah.. You better hurry up or else..." "Or else what?" Kyungsoo's felts tickled as Baekhyun tickling him. "Yah!.. Haha.. Stop.. Haha.. Please.. I'm b-begging you.. O-okay, I go." Kyungsoo gave up. "Yeayy!!" Baekhyun shouted out his happy feeling. "Victory is mine".

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun went to the river. "Waaa.. The water is very cold." Baekhyun soaked in his feet in the water. So did Kyungsoo. "Baekhyun-ah. How do you know that you love Chanyeol? I mean how's exactly we can know that we are in love with someone?" Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun. "Well, its easy. When I felt my hearts skip a beat. In other words, whenever Chanyeol are with me, my heart starts to beat even faster. It sounds like badump badump. Next, I felt so much pain inside me, whenever I see him with another girls or boys. That's called jealousy. Yea. I felt really jealous when he is smiling with some others. Thirdly, its my heart saying so. I mean my heart keeps on saying 'he is the one'." Baekhyun smiled. "Wow, you're so fantastic. Poor me. I guess I still can't detect my heart. I don't know what is love till now." Kyungsoo sighed. "Its okay chinguya. From time being, you will find your owns love. Not so fast nor slow. The time will show you. Hang on there okay." Baekhyun patted Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Yah let's go. The others might panic if they don't see us." Kyungsoo's said as he gets up from the rock of the river. "Kaja.." Baekhyun and Kyungsoo left the river together.  

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay students, our schedule for tonight is... We gonna have a camp fire party... Woohoo~ calm down people. I know you guys must be extremely excited right?" Mr.Park grinned. "Neeee!!" The students shouted happily. The boys are helping Mr.Park with collecting the fire woods while the girls are helping Ms.Jiyeon with cooking something for dinner. When everything was settled down, everyone took a seat. "Okay, to cheer up this camp fire, we will have some games and a festive night. Each student is supposedly to step in the festive night. No one are allowed to not joining the night show. But since I am a good guy, I will let you guys choose whether do it grouping or individuals. Its up to you okay." Mr.park statement just now was making the squishy boy swallowed down his throat. "Oh my kimchi! Why? I don't want to join the festive show or whatever its called. I'm not good at everything." Kyungsoo sighed. Baekhyun can detect his friend's down face. "Well, Kyungsoo-ah, you know you can do this right?" Baekhyun gave him a very brightful smile. "You know me right Baekhyun. Everyone hates me. They don't adore me. You got it? They dislike this little monster." Kyungsoo is about to cry but he defenses himself up for not to. "Its okay. You're gonna be alright. Shhh! Let it go Kyungsoo-ah. You need to let your scary, freaky feeling inside you out. Don't let it bottled up. Cause it will effect you one day. I won't like that. I don't want to see you hurt." Baekhyun moves near to Kyungsoo and pats Kyungsoo's hand. "Thank you Baekhyunna. You're just a truly great friend. I've been wondered how if I loose you one day. My life will be turning 360. Hehe." Kyungsoo's smiled. "Yah! I always at your side. At any state, we won't be separated. Only death would separate us okay.. Let's do the pinky promise again." Baekhyun and Kyungsoo did the pinky promise. "So, what's your idea about the so-called-festive-night?" Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo. "I don't know. Something simple maybe. Like singing or dancing or I can do the pole dance. Hehe kidding." Kyungsoo laughed. "Yah! That's great idea. Let's do the pole dance together. I can tease my hubby too." Baekhyun also laughed. "Hell no Baekhyunna. I'm just kidding okay. That's surely ridiculous. We are boys okay. Remember that. Haha. Okay, back to the topic. Now seriously what have you decided?". "Hmm I think I want to dance. I really need to entertain my hubby. I'm sorry Kyungsoo-ah. I will do the pole dance. Maybe alone. Thanks for giving me such a clever idea." Baekhyun grinned. "Well, nothing much to say but if that so, I've no choice rather than singing alone." Kyungsoo sighed. "Aigoo.. My poor Sooshi-ah.. Don't be like that, chin up. Its not a bad idea though. I know you can do it. You've got a very tender voice. I've heard it once we were in kindergarten." Kyungsoo then hit Baekhyun. "Yah! Since kindergarten. That's long time ago." Baekhyun moaned. "Yah! It hurts. Hehe well I'm just kidding. I just want you to cheer up that's all. Well just be confidence with yourselves okay. Trust me okay". The two boys ended up their moments with a friends tight hugged.

 

 

 

 

 

Later on, the sun set down means its going to be nite soon. All students are so excited as they are watching the sunset. "Waaa~ its so pretty. Nice to meet you Mr.Sun. Bye bye. Let me see you again tomorrow okay." Kyungsoo said as he is signing the cloud pretending like he is grabbing the sun. Soon, there's one hand grab Kyungsoo's hand too. Kyungsoo's seem so surprise and he turns his left when he sees a fairy skin boy, Junmyeon. "I-I just wanna say something to you." Junmyeon said slowly while grabbing Kyungsoo's hand. Kyungsoo's can see the shining eyes of Junmyeon. "What? You have 5 minutes. I need to go after that. Don't waste your time." Kyungsoo said harshly- but still let Junmyeon grabs his hand. "Well, to be honest, I really need to tell you this...-" before Junmyeon could continue with his words, Mr.Kim had called all the students. "Well, you heard that right. I'm sorry. Your time is up. We need to go or else Mr.Kim will kill us." Kyungsoo gets up and left Junmyeon behind. Junmyeon released a sigh. "Why now? I'm just too close".

 

 

 

 

 

All the students are taking theirs seat. Kyungsoo sat beside Baekhyun. But not in Kyungsoo's thought that Jaehwan-ssi would sit beside him. "Annyeong Squishy. I guess its the first time I've sit beside you since the came is rolling on." Jaehwan started the conversation. "Well, yea you right. I guess both of us have been very busy setting up the tent, so we got no time to chat." Kyungsoo gave Jaehwan a bright smile. "Your smile is what I admirer the most Squishy-ah. Keep on smiling for me ne?" Jaehwan just smiled like crazy drunk boy to Kyungsoo. "O-oh? N-ne. Arasseo." Kyungsoo grinned. "So, Squishy-ah, what will you do the night after the festive night over?" Jaehwan asked Kyungsoo, who's eating spicy chicken wing. Kyungsoo choked. Jaehwan then passed him a drink. Kyungsoo drink it immediately. "T-Thanks. You've saved my life." Kyungsoo's now is back on normal state. "Hehe, well, that's what I supposed to do. So, back to the topic. How?" Jaehwan's waiting for Kyungsoo's answer. "I don't plan anything yet. Maybe I want to rest. Cause you know. My body aches everywhere. Sorry Jaehwan-ssi" Kyungsoo apologized to Jaehwan. "Well nevermind. Its okay. Rest well okay Squishy-ah. Let's do it later on. Hehe." 

 

 

 

 

As Jaehwan leave Kyungsoo, there's Junmyeon again who sits in front of Kyungsoo's seat but this time he is with Yoona. "Aigoo~ look who's here?" Baekhyun shouted. "Can we sit here?" Junmyeon asked Baekhyun. "Well, I don't know. Perhaps. Ask Kyungsoo then." Baekhyun smirked. "just sit everywhere you think you want. I don't own this place though." Kyungsoo throw away his look aside of the two annoying couple. Junmyeon smiled and took his seat. So did Yoona. Kyungsoo continues eating his lunch. "I'm done. Need to prepare my singing. Well, goodbye Baekhyunna. Don't be naughty with Chanyeol okay." Kyungsoo whispered to Baekhyun. "Arasseo. Singing well okay." Baekhyun grinned. Kyungsoo makes his move towards his tent. Kyungsoo sat on his tent. "What a day. Arghh! Forget it. I should focus more on the festive show." Kyungsoo released a sigh. "How I wish if I didn't have heart. So I won't feel hurt like this. Love.. Pathetic, sickening, a feeling which turn you to be... Mad. Why can't I forget about this feeling?". Kyungsoo sighing and keeps on talking to himself when someone's interrupting him. "Well, actually love is not something what you said just now. It depends sometimes. I know that it makes sense of what you're describing love just then, but come to think of it, love is like an uncontrollable power that gives you courages, inspiring you to be more dedicated to fight for your one. Don't you see it? Like how you've changed yourself just to attract your one. Even though you won't catch their attention but still you've become more confidence right?" Kyungsoo just blurred himself. He knows that whatever the boy said do make sense. "Well dear, whatever you're saying do make sense but, you won't felt what I feel inside me right? Well maybe you've got your one but for me, I'm positive that I will never got my one. So, Love was vanished from my life dictionary." Kyungsoo let all his feelings that bottled up inside him out. "Chinguya. May I ask you something personally?" Hakyeon asked politely. " what?" Kyungsoo replied while palming up his face. "Have you ever told her that....that you're hundred percent in love with her?" Kyungsoo turns his look at Hakyeon. "You know what. To tell you the truth. Its not her. Its 'him'." Hakyeon shocked. But suddenly he is laughing out loud. "Wow, I-I never thought that y-" "what? I know you must be disgusted with me right now. Well its okay, you may hate me." Kyungsoo's starts to cry. "Well Kyungsoo-ah, don't cry. I won't be. To be honest with you, You and I are same. Yea my one is also 'him' not 'her'." Haekyeon smiled. Kyungsoo seems surprise too. "R-Really? I thought you're straight." Kyungsoo's gave Hakyeon a smile. "Well, you never ask me. So I guess you're already know that. So, have you ever talk to him that you love him sincerely?". "Frankly, I'm afraid to tell him that. Not just because I'm afraid of rejection, but..I'm scared I will hurt myself if I got rejected. That's why I've never opened my heart cause I know at the end I will hurt. What's the point of telling the truth when I know the effect that will cause me in pain." Kyungsoo explained to Hakyeon very gently. "You know what Kyungsoo-ah. Be positive. I know you're such a positive boy. Trust yourself. If you won't, later on it will harm you more than what you could expected. So, if you tell him that you're seriously love him, maybe, just maybe he sees your sincerity. After that, if you get rejected by him, just slowly forget him. Times will solve everything." Hakyeon patted Kyungsoo's hand. "Thanks for the good advices Hakyeon-ssi. You're such a good adviser and listener." Kyungsoo's patted back Hakyeon's hand. 

 

 

 

 

 

[Kyungsoo POV]

 

 

Maybe what Hakyeon's told me is absolutely right. Should I confess to him. What must I say then? Will he accepts my love or reject me? Arghh I'm so confused. Its okay, whatever it will be I've convinced myself that I will tell the truth. Let's do it this night. Hwaiting Kyungsoo-ah. Just be prepared okay Kyungsoo-ah. 

 

 

 

 

 

                                  ••••

 

 

 

 

 

After dinner, as everyone had practiced theirs performance for the festive night, they all gathered to the audiences place. "Okay students, please have a seat. We going to start our....festive show. So, behave and don't boo anyone okay excepts for applause." Mr.Kim said as he goes to Ms.Jiyeon. So, the first contestant that will start the performance is Baekhyun. Baekhyun stands on the stage. When the music's start, he begins to dance as there is a pole in the middle. Baekhyun makes a y dance and it catch Chanyeol's eyes. Chanyeol seems so surprise and he just laughed then. "Yah! Baekkie-ah, saranghanda~.." Chanyeol yelled out. And when Baekhyun dance was finished, everyone starts to applause and shout out. The next performance are keep on playing on and on and on. There were Junmyeon who sang a song while playing guitar, Krystal who had performed a y dance, Jaehwan who made jokes, Hakyeon who sang a lovely song and so more. Now, its the time for Kyungsoo to perform his own skit. Kyungsoo makes a move onto the middle of the stage while bringing on a guitar. "Annyeong everyone. Tonight, I'll perform a very catch ear song. So, I hope you guys will enjoy along the music starts okay." Kyungsoo spoke on the mic. Then he starts to sing. 

 

 

 

" I shouldn't love you but I want to

I just can't turn away

I shouldn't see you but I can't move

I can't look away

And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not

'Cause I don't know how to make a feeling stop

Just so you know

This feeling's taking control of me

And I can't help it

I won't sit around, I can't let him win now

Thought you should know

I've tried my best to let go of you

But I don't want to

I just gotta say it all

Before I go

Just so you know..

It's getting hard to be around you

There's so much I can't say

Do you want me to hide the feelings

And look the other way

And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not

'Cause I don't know how to make a feeling stop..

This emptiness is killing me

And I'm wondering why I've waited so long

Looking back I realize

It was always there just never spoken

I'm waiting here...been waiting here...

Just so you know

This feeling's taking control of me

And I can't help it

I won't sit around, I can't let him win now

Thought you should know

I've tried my best to let go of you

But I don't want to

I just gotta say it all

Before I go

Just so you know..."

 

 

"Well, that's all from me. Its a cover of Jess McCartney of Just so you know. Thanks a lot for lending me the ears. Have a happy night guys." Kyungsoo spoke out loud. Everyone was too amaze of his performance. Its like... Super awesome performance. His voice, and the lyrics of the song are so meaningful. Kyungsoo smiled and bowed to the audiences. Everyone was amazed and gave a big claps to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo walks down the stage. He then immediately walks towards Baekhyun. "Yah! That was super awesome you know. How could you made me felt teary like this. Your voice and the meaning of the song are so describing you Kyungsoo-ah." Baekhyun slapped on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Ouch! It hurts Baekhyunna. Well, anyway thanks for the comment. I just performing the song nothing special at all. It just I love the song the most." Kyungsoo gave Baekhyun a happy smile. "If that's the case, fine. Let's go to the audiences. We have more shows to watch." Baekhyun pulled Kyungsoo's hand and run. 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sits beside Baekhyun. But then he felts a bit uneasy as there's someone who had not ever turned away his looks towards Kyungsoo. And there's no one else except Junmyeon. Kyungsoo blushed and he really don't know how to react. He then whispered to Baekhyun that he wants to go back to his tent. "Yah, Baekhyunna. I need to get back to my tent. I think I'm a bit dizzy. Will you excuse me." Kyungsoo gets up and walks towards his tent.