chapter 18

love is unexpected!

5 years later....

 

 

 

[Kyungsoo POV]

 

 

 

Huaaaaa.. Its been five years already. I sniff the scent of the fresh air. Then I breath out loudly as I'm so happy today. It is because at last I was free. I'm freedom. I'm free from studies and everything regarding studies. Hihi. Well actually I just graduated and finished my study. 

 

 

 

It was a long year. I still remember how I'm struggling at my new school even it just for few months as it was my last year. And after I've got a good result, I was offered to continue my study to a really prestigious and top university. And this is where I'm standing right now. Here on my balcony, watching birdies bathing across the road and smell the nice fragrant of morning scent. 

 

 

 

Yesterday was my graduation day. My mom and dad was so happy that I even got graduate in such a top school. I'm glad they proud of me. I am now have a certificate of bachelor of accountancy. Well I like numbers. Mom will always praise me when I used to remember numbers very well. Hihi. 

 

 

 

But one thing I'm a bit afraid. Is there any employment vacancies which suit my standard out there. I'm afraid there is none. Mom always told me to be wise and patient. I should start listing some of companies aren't I.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[No one POV]

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo quickly set his feet back on his room and get himself ready. He put his shirt and short on and climbed of the stairs down to the kitchen. 

 

 

"Mom! Good morning~. Appa good morning~." Kyungsoo chuckled. 

 

 

"Morning son. Have a sit. I have something to talk." Mr.Do put off his glasses down on the dining table.

 

 

"May I know what it is?" Kyungsoo replied as he is munching his sandwich.

 

 

"I've got some names of company for your job. Which they're all suits your standard and level." Mr.Do smiled.

 

 

 

"Really. That sounds great. But can we talk about this later? I think I had my list already. I don't want to trouble you." Kyungsoo smiled too.

 

 

"Its okay if you had your list. Its good to hear that. Just go on with yours. I'm just trying to help you." Mr.Do grinned.

 

 

"Thanks appa. You're the best dad. I will appa." Kyungsoo sips his coffee. 

 

 

 

 

That morning, Kyungsoo went to the park for a jog. When suddenly his phone ringing.

 

 

 

"Hello~." Kyungsoo asked the guy.

 

 

"Hello~. Its me. Baek." 

 

 

"WAAA! Baek. I miss you. Long time not hear your voice." Kyungsoo jumped excitedly.

 

 

"Yeah almost five years. Hihi. 

 

 

 

"Let's meet up. I've got many stories to tell you. Meet me at our favorite cafe as usual ok. Aha I hope you still have a memory of our favorite cafe." Baekhyun chuckled.

 

 

 

"Okay. Of course I still remember okay. Pabo. Haha" Kyungsoo hung up the call.

 

 

He then quickly went home to change his outfit. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

in cafe..

 

 

Kyungsoo went earlier than the exact meeting. He then waits for Baekhyun till he arrives.

 

 

 

"Yah Byun Baekhyun. Long time no see you." Kyungsoo quickly stand up and hug Baekhyun.

 

 

 

"Haha of course it a long time stupid. You're so far away from me." Baekhyun pouted suddenly.

 

 

"Aigoo. You still the same. Haha I went for study okay. Okay let's order something and tell me the stories. I can't wait for that." Kyungsoo grinned.

 

 

Both of the boys take a sit and starts to order. After ordered, Baekhyun starts the conversation.

 

 

"You know what Kyungsoo-ah, there were things happened after you left the school. Everything was changed three hundred sixty"

 

 

Kyungsoo was amused with the things happened as he's not around.

 

 

"I don't expect such a thing to be really chaos whenever I left." Kyungsoo shrugged.

 

 

"Well they've changed a bit. And our friends are all missing you. Everyday they asked to give them your contact number and the worse your address but as I'm being a good best friend of yours, I don't give a single one." Baekhyun beamed.

 

 

 "Great. Luckily you're not. Well how about your story and Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

 

" actually I have something to tell you about him." Baekhyun swallowed his saliva.

 

 

"What?" Kyungsoo's eyebrows rose up.

 

 

"We......w-we... We-we.." Baekhyun stuttered.

 

 

"Oh Gosh. Craps. D-dont say y-you and him.. B-break up?" Kyungsoo was shocked.

 

 

"What? Of course not. We are going to get married by a month from now. Haha" Baekhyun shouted happily.

 

 

"YAH!! You almost got me heart attack. you Byun Baekhyun. By the way.. Chukahamnida. At last, I can watch you and Chanyeol in a bride suit. Hihi." Kyungsoo squeezed Baekhyun's hand.

 

 

"Thank you. I know. I'm excited too. I love him so much. Huuaa.. How I wish I could get back to my old times with him when we first start dating. Aha, speaking of dating. Have you met one? I never saw you going out on a date with someone." Baekhyun asked out of blue.

 

 

 

"I don't think I have time for that. I just love studies and I don't want waste my time for such a trashy thing like that." Kyungsoo sipped his coffee.

 

 

"Want me finding you one? I have some names." Baekhyun smirked.

 

 

 

"Haha. No need Byun Baekhyun. I don't care. I love myself and my life. Plus I'm okay if I don't marry ever." Kyungsoo voice out his thought.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

It was night. Kyungsoo so tired after meeting with Baekhyun. He was lying on his bed, thinking what Baekhyun said about it just now. 

 

 

 

Its not like he doesn't want to feel love and be loved. But his broken relationship with Junmyeon once make him afraid to start new one. He afraid the same thing will happens and end up with him getting hurt even more. 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo admitted that he still can't get over Junmyeon. Even how many times flew away, there's still no cure to the scars. He fade up with everything and now only focus on his life, family and friends. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

It is morning when Kyungsoo had to wake up early than usual. Today he had a special event. He needs to dress up formally as there will be a job interview. Kyungsoo had signed up for the interview. He is so determined to get the job.

 

 

 

"Morning mom. I'd better go now. I don't want to be late." Kyungsoo greeted his mom.

 

 

 

"Careful son. And good luck okay. All the best for you." Mrs.Do patted Kyungsoo's head.

 

 

 

"Mom, you're ruining my hair. I need to have a good first impression in front of my employer you know~.." Kyungsoo pouted.

 

 

"Okay okay I'm sorry. Its just that I'm so proud of you. You're so big and grown up now. I still remember you're being so squishy when you're a baby. Huh I miss that time."Mrs.Do rubbed Kyungsoo's back hand.

 

 

 

"Mom.. You know what. You are the best mother I ever had. In my next life, I'm glad to have you as my mom too. I'm always thankful to God for giving me such an angel mom. You had an angelic heart despite of always nagging sometimes but I love you and dad. I'm proud too to have you and dad as my parents." Kyungsoo chuckled and wiped away his mother's tears. 

 

 

"Awww you're so corny son. Hihi I like it. Please make happiness for yourself. Whatever you are whatever you do, you have my supports and my pray. Now go before you miss the interview." Mrs.Do smiled and waved to the walking Kyungsoo.

 

 

"Bye mom. I love you. And tell dad I love him too." Kyungsoo shouted while waving back to his mom.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Kyungsoo quickly walks to the bus station. Once a bus arrived, he immediately make a move inside the bus. He cannot be late for this interview. If he miss it, then he'll doom. 

 

 

 

Its only took thirty minutes to arrive in front of KKS corporation buildings. Kyungsoo was amazed of how big and tall the company building was. 

 

 

 

"Wow, this is huge and big. Its cool." Kyungsoo giggled.

 

 

Kyungsoo moves his feet towards the entree of the building. Once he entered, he quite surprised with how clean and beautiful it is inside.

 

 

As Kyungsoo is staring wonderfully around the entree, little did he doesn't know that someone is approaching him. 

 

 

 

"Hello sir, are you the one who will be interviewed?" The guy from nowhere asked.

 

 

 

"Y-y-yeah. I'm here for the interview. Do you perhaps know where is the exact place is?" Kyungsoo smiled.

 

 

 

"oh let me show you. Come follow me." The guys pulled Kyungsoo's hand. Kyungsoo had to follow the guy.

 

 

 

Once they in the elevator, the guy had a minute to introduce himself. 

 

 

"My name is Hyunsik. Lim Hyunsik to be precise. I'm from Human resource department." The guy shoved his right hand front of Kyungsoo.

 

 

Kyungsoo chuckled and interlocked his hand with the latter and shake it.

 

 

 

"Hihi my name is Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo. I had a certificate in accountancy. I wish I can get a suitable job here." 

 

 

 

"I wish you get the job. We can be friends." Hyunsik beamed.

 

 

 

"Sure. Pray for my best." 

 

 

Once the elevator door open, they step on the floor to get the right place. 

 

 

"So, here you go Kyungsoo-ssi. Do well and make sure you get the job okay. Because I can't wait to be friend with you. Hehe." Hyunsik ruffled his back head.

 

 

"Okay Hyunsik-ssi. I'll go now. Bye. Hope to meet you again." Kyungsoo waved to Hyunsik and entered the room.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Kyungsoo step closer to a chair that caught his eyes. He then heard someone having a little talk.

There were three people sitting on their chair and papers on the table. Two men and one girl to be exact. One guy having pen on his ear, another one is busying with his hand phone and doesn't even look at Kyungsoo, and the girl is busy putting make up on her face. Then he see the one with phone is walking out of the room going somewhere. But Kyungsoo could not see his face as his back body was facing him when he went out. 

 

 

"Please sit down sir. I'm your interviewer so do make yourself comfortable first before we start."The one with the pen on his ear talked to Kyungsoo.

 

 

Kyungsoo just smiled and sit on the chair given.

 

 

 

"So, what's your name and tell me your objective for being here."The guy continue.

 

 

Kyungsoo deep breath before he starts to talk.

 

 

"My name is Do Kyungsoo. I'm the bachelor of accountancy. The objective I'm here was to get the job suitable for me which is noted in the interview form. I'm sure I can do my best because I'm not such a give up boy. That's a bit of my determination." Kyungsoo smiled.

 

 

 

"Wow, you really seem full of determination and spirits. I like that attitude of you. Okay, let's proceed more. If there's no vacancy for the accountancy department will you still wanted to work here or you finding new job elsewhere?" 

 

 

 

"Hmmm.. Okay to be honest it is my pleasure and desire to work as accountant in this company. If there's no legit room for me, I'll accept the fact and fate by God and will start to find new one that suitable my dream. However, if there's a vacancy in other department I'm willingly offer myself for the job."

 

 

"One last question from me. What is your passion in this company. I mean your determination of this KKS company?" The girl asked. 

 

 

So suddenly someone barge in the room and sit with the two interviewers.

 

 

 

 Kyungsoo eyes suddenly caught on thing he trying to forget this while. Someone who he'd longing to forget and trying to kill on his memory. He froze. How could he meet the one who had killed him. The one who made him a reason to hate love. 

 

 

 

"J-Junmyeon-ssi." Kyungsoo stuttered quietly.

 

 

 

Junmyeon was shocked too. His phone dropped onto the table.  

 

 

 

"K-Kyungsoo." Junmyeon stuttered too.

 

 

 

"Come one Kyungsoo. You had forgotten him right. So control your emotional feelings and end the interview now." Kyungsoo talked to himself in silent.

 

 

 

"Okay Kyungsoo-ssi. For your information, this is the CEO son. Kim Junmyeon. He will be the chairman to replace his father one day." The girl explained.

 

 

 

"I-Its great. Nice to meet you sir." Kyungsoo bowed to Junmyeon.

 

 

 

"D-dont you know me?" Junmyeon suddenly asked.

 

 

 

"Yes I know you sir. You are the CEO son as mentioned from Ms...."

 

 

 

"Ms.Soyeon please.." The girl corrected Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

"Yeah. As mentioned from Ms.Soyeon. I guess that's all from me. C-can I leave now?" Kyungsoo asked politely. He really needed to move away from Junmyeon now. 

 

 

"Yeah you may leave now. We'll inform you later. Have a nice day Kyungsoo-ssi." The girl said.

 

 

Kyungsoo immediately bowed and open the door to leave. But then before Junmyeon asked him again.

 

 

 

"Don't you recognize me Kyungsoo-ssi. I-Im Junmyeon." Junmyeon asked while walking to Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

"I-Im sorry sir. I don't know who are you. Even the fact this is our first meeting. I'm sorry I've got to go sir." Kyungsoo bowed and stomped his feet on the floor to speed up his movement.

 

 

"Wait Kyungsoo-ah. Please don't you recognize me. I'm Kim Junmyeon." Junmyeon tried to run to Kyungsoo but he failed as his phone is ringing and its from Yoona.

 

 

 

"Arghhhh . I almost got him" Junmyeon yelled angrily as he saw Kyungsoo slowly vanished from his sight.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 Kyungsoo's arrived at a bus station. He's so shocked about the meeting with Junmyeon. His heart pounding so fast. 

 

 

 

"Why? Why its him again." Kyungsoo's yelled silently in his mind.

 

 

 

"No..NO NO NO... !! This can't be happening."Kyungsoo shouted loudly. Luckily he was alone there.

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo. You can do it. You were over him. You had move one. So just be professional and forget him. Bear him." Kyungsoo talked to himself. 

 

 

 

"Here you are. I'm trying to find you anywhere luckily you're here." A sudden voice came from Kyungsoo's back made him turns back quickly.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was surprised it was Junmyeon.

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo-ah. You have to put on your act. Remember you hate him. You're over him and no way you can love him back." Kyungsoo's mind flooded with many thoughts.

 

 

 

"Hey, are you daydreaming?" Junmyeon snap his finger on Kyungsoo's face. 

 

 

"E-eo? N-not. What are you saying?" Kyungsoo asked in polite tone.

 

 

"I said I'm so happy to see you here. I really really miss you Kyungie-ah. I knew I made mistake before but let me at least prove that I'm so sorry to you." Kyungsoo grabbed Kyungsoo's hand and rubs his back hand.

 

 

"I-Im so sorry sir. I think you've mistook the person. I mean I don't get it what are you saing just now. And to be honest. I don't know what mistake you did to me cause its our first time meeting today." Kyungsoo said blankly.

 

 

"N-n-No!! You're lying. Kyungie-ah. Please don't hurt me like this. I know I deserved some punishment but please don't lie that you forgot me."Junmyeon sank his teeth on his bottom lip.

 

 

 

"I-Im sorry sir but that's the fact. And if there's nothing left. Can I go now? My bus is here."Kyungsoo bowed his head to Junmyeon and turned his body against Junmyeon. 

 

 

"Wait! You're not going anywhere cause I'm 

 going to send you home by myself."

 Junmyeon immediately grabs Kyungsoo's hand and pulled him into his embrace. 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was shocked by Junmyeon's sudden reaction. His heart beats fast. He's a bit scared of what happened. After realises he is way too late to catch the moving bus, he pushed Junmyeon's harder till the latter move backwards. 

 

 

 

"Wait!!! My bus. ! How could I get back home now." Kyungsoo sighed.

 

 

Kyungsoo turns to face Junmyeon. Kyungsoo's feeling his body heat increases. 

 

 

 

"This is all your fault. If not, I could happily be on the bus right now. Haish.." Kyungsoo burst out everything.

 

 

"Hihi. Sorry Kyungie-ah. Squishy-ah, come let me send you home please." Junmyeon rubbed Kyungsoo's back hands.

 

 

"Huh! FINE! If not your mistake just now, in your dream to fetch me home." Kyungsoo had to let Junmyeon sending him home. He doesn't want to be late going home. He got to meet his brother and Mr.Lee the evening.

 

 

 

Junmyeon happily grinning like a child winning an award.

 

 

 *

 

 

 

In Junmyeon's car..

 

 

 

There was silent. Only the sounds of car speeding outside could be heard. Both of Junmyeon and Kyungsoo remain silent. 

 

 

 

"Kyungie-ah. C-can we.. C-can we grab something to eat first. Because I know we both are not having breakfast this morning right." Junmyeon smiled to Kyungsoo. 

 

 

 

"I don't think so sir. If you're hungry, just drop me somewhere and I know my way home." Kyungsoo said formally.

 

 

 

"Please Kyungie-ah. Its my treat. I want to eat with you. J-just both of us." Junmyeon chuckled.

 

 

"I'm sorry sir. How does it makes sense when I'm just knew you today, meeting you just now, and you're like asking me out. This is not a fairy tale nor novel sir. Not even Korean drama indeed. I don't date strangers." 

 

 

Junmyeon's seem hurt.

 

 

 

"I'm your boss. You're my employee. We can call it as a co-worker date if you like." Junmyeon tried not to give up.

 

 

 

"Ooops you're totally wrong sir. I'm not your employee nor you're not my boss too. Remember the result will be coming out in three days. So, it still be a secret fate whether I am accepted or not but now comes to think of it, I rather pray I don't get it." Kyungsoo faked a smile.

 

 

 

"No, remember I'm the CEO son. And don't forget that I'm the chief of the interview. So, I have my rights to choose anyone to my like. And the moment you're enter the room out, you're my worker already. I've already choose you." Junmyeon smirked. 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo let out a big sighed and shook his head. 

 

 

 

"Its okay. Its not like I've signed the contract paper already. So stop dreaming sir. Besides I'd rather find another job elsewhere." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

 

 

Junmyeon who's driving suddenly stop in sudden at the corner of the road. 

 

 

 

"Oh gosh. Are you crazy. Why did you stop the car suddenly." Kyungsoo shouted.

 

 

"If you're not going to work at my place, I promise I will find you anywhere you are. I'll go to your house, meeting your parents and I'm going to say I want to marry you. How about I make it right now." Junmyeon said in serious tone.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo felt terrified with Junmyeon's sudden changed emotions. 

 

 

 

"O-Okay. I'll work at your company. Please don't do that." Kyungsoo felt insecure.

 

 

 

"Hmm. Good boy. Now. Let's eat first. Oh yeah and for your information, I've employed you as my personal assistant. You will be mine only. So, don't try to run away. Like you said so. If you really don't know me, perhaps I guess there's no such a thing for you to feel insecure and hate me right. So, show yourself how professional you are." Junmyeon ruffled Kyungsoo's hair before starts to drive again. 

 

 

 

 

". He's crazy now. Why do I have to meet him again. Plus When he's being crazy. Arghh God is this a punishment to my sins." Kyungsoo talked to himself silently. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they arrived at the Junmyeon's favorite restaurant, Kyungsoo sits on the seat as his pleasure. It is a traditional restaurant which full of old things and pictures.

 

 

"This is my favorite place. I used to eat here." Junmyeon said in enthusiasm.

 

 

 

"Oh yeah. I bet you always coming here. Perhaps with your girlfriend maybe. Or your wife I don't know." Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

Junmyeon beamed at Kyungsoo's reaction. 

 

 

 

"Awww. Are you jealous baby.. Don't be. Cause for your information baby, I don't have a girlfriend, I'm gay. I'm not married yet because I'm currently waiting for someone I love these past 5 years till this seconds." Junmyeon blinking his eyes front of Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

"Whatever. Let's just order something. Don't be so surprise and regret when I could order much and make you pay a lot." Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. 

 

 

 

"Its okay baby. You can have anything you want. I'm paying for you. I don't care how much it costs cause I love you." Junmyeon winked at Kyungsoo while smirking. 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes once again and sighed.

 

 

 

 

Once the foods arrived, Kyungsoo starts to dig in the food. He wanted to finish his foods as fast as possible. He is so determined to stay away from Junmyeon. 

 

 

 

"Aigoo~ Kyungie-ah. Do you really that hungry? Eat slowly. I don't want you to choke your food later." Junmyeon said while putting down Kyungsoo's hand on the table. 

 

 

"I'm done. I'm going to washroom." Kyungsoo said blankly. 

 

 

Kyungsoo makes his step to the washroom. Indeed he is not going to the mentioned place. He is walking towards the exit. 

 

 

 

"Huh! I should do it at the first place." Kyungsoo sighed. He quickly calls his brother to fetch him up. 

 

 

 

Junmyeon's keep on waiting for Kyungsoo to comeback. But the result is nil. He started to feels something fishy happen. But he keeps inside of him and be patient. After about thirty minutes-still no Kyungsoo's sitting on his seat, he decided to check up himself. 

 

 

 

He is running to the washroom. He check one by one the toiletry room but all are empty. 

 

 

 

"! He ran away." Junmyeon cursed.

 

 

 

After got back to his seat, He immediately calls the waiter to settle the bill. Then he dash off somewhere. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Kyungsoo chuckled in his room. He can't quit from smiling like a crazy people as he feels so happy after leaving Junmyeon alone in the restaurant. He is humming his favorite song where he always does as he is in a good mood.

 

 

 

While Kyungsoo's dancing around his room, suddenly a knock on his door. 

 

"Kyungsoo-ah. There's one friend of yours waiting outside. I'm calling him inside but he refused and he's demand to wait for you outside." Kyungsoo's brother explained.

 

 

 

"Well wait I'm coming down now." Kyungsoo quickly starts to make his move down his house. He is humming on his way to the front door.

 

 

There is he opened the door and....

 

 

 

"Hi~ baekkie....a.. J-J-Junmyeon~??" Kyungsoo gasped. 

 

 

 

"Hi my sweety, lovely, squishy, fluffy Kyungie-ah.. Annyeonghaseyo~~~~" Junmyeon pouted to the 'yo' word..

 

 

"Yah! What are you doing here huh? Go away. Faster now. Before my mom get back. Please go." Kyungsoo said formally. 

 

 

 

"Hihi.. Oh my God Kyungsoo. You're such a fool baby. How could you left me alone in that restaurant huh. And to be precise, you ran away from me. I'm waiting for you but.. Is this the way you treat your love huh?" Junmyeon cupped Kyungsoo's face.

 

 

 

"Yah!! Let go of me" Kyungsoo tried to push Junmyeon's hand. But the fact that Junmyeon is so manly and strong now. With his muscular hand and body. 

 

 

Kyungsoo gives up. 

 

 

"Okay fine! I'm sorry for treating you like that." Kyungsoo bowed his head down. 

 

 

 

"Hihi. Okay, I'm more to satisfy now. I accept your appologise baby. Aha, see, I told you right. I will find you anyway Kyungie-ah. So please don't run away from me again. I love you." 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo looks up and staring at Junmyeon's eyes. Its a bit watery.

 

 

 

"Haish.. Alright I will be your personal assistant but in return, you have to get away from my life. We will only have a professional business and interaction."Kyungsoo exclaimed. 

 

 

 

"Okay as long as I'm with you." Junmyeon ruffled Kyungsoo's hair then bid a goodbye. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N 

 

 

So sorry for not update for so long. I don't know how many times I've said I'm sorry but I really mean it. Oh ya and I hope you really enjoy this story. And not to forget my real examination will be on two weeks from now so, please pray for me as many as you can *puppy eyes* . It takes a month to settle all my papers so, himnaeseyo..!! I'll be back soon. Feel free to comment and upvote. Cause I know this story is and pathetic haha. Annyeong~ love Kyungmyeon forever :) :)