chapter 12

love is unexpected!

Times flew really fast. Its the day of the competition and basketball game. Kyungsoo feels very nervous. He's walking back and forth repeatedly.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Soo-ah, can you please sit down and relax. Calm down buddy. I know you're excited and nervous. Just calm yourself so that you're ready to compete." Baekhyun shouted to Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

"O-okay. I'm just nervous. Its the first time I'm competing on game." Kyungsoo sits on a stool.

 

 

 

"I know but trust me we can do well if we relax and keep calm okay." Baekhyun rubbed Kyungsoo's bare hands.

 

 

 

"Okay. Thanks for helping me." Kyungsoo smiled.

 

 

 

"Your welcome." Baekhyun smiled back.

 

 

 

So suddenly, there's a beep sound. Its Kyungsoo's phone. He quickly unlocked his phone and saw a two message comes from Junmyeon and Mr.Lee.

 

 

 

 

To : Kyungsoo

From : Junmyeon.

 

 

 

Hi dear! I knew you're nervous right now. Cause me too. Hehe well I know you can do the best on the competition. You're strong and intelligent. Hwaiting!! Love you Kyungsoo-ah. 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo just smiled widely.

 

 

 

 

 

To : Kyungsoo 

From : Mr.Lee

 

 

 

Annyeong kid! Hehe you've told me that its the day of your competition right. Himnae! You can do it. I know you're capable of winning the competition. So, keep calm and winning the game. Don't be so nervous.. Hwaiting!! :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo giggled as he reads Mr.Lee text. He's so caring like his older brother. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Kyungsoo POV]

 

 

 

Omo, I'm so glad that I was given by God such a very inspiring and kind people. Baekhyun just knew how to calm me. And luckily Junmyeon at least wished me as he can't watch me compete as he has basketball game. And lastly Mr.Lee. He's so nice, warm and gentle. Even we just met twice but somehow I felt like he's way more to be like my older brother. Hmm should I pair up him with my older brother instead? Ah I don't know. Focus Kyungsoo. You're just about to compete in any minutes, so keep calm and winning. Yeah. 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

As there are few minutes before the competition starts, Kyungsoo decides to go to the washroom to pee. While he's on the way there, he's walking through a very silent hallway, suddenly there's a hand grabbing his shoulder and pulling him into a dark room. Kyungsoo wanted to yell for help but the guy eventually cupped Kyungsoo's mouth with his bare hand. 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was pulled to turn back facing the guy. Kyungsoo was so shocked to see that its Junmyeon.$

 

 

 

 

 

"J-Junmyeonnie?" Kyungsoo asked stutteredly.

 

 

 

"Hehe... Sorry for pulling you a bit harsh earlier. Well it just that I wanna see you. I miss you so much. Its been a while since we last met." Junmyeon giggled.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo blushed.

 

 

 

"Yea but can't you try another pleasant way. You almost got me a heart attack. But I forgave you since you said you miss me so much. Well I miss you too. So much. Indeed I thought I wanna see you a day before the competition... You know.. To cheer me up. But since I know you're busy, I don't wanna disturb you. "Kyungsoo lowered his head.

 

 

 

Junmyeon lifted Kyungsoo's chin up. 

 

 

 

"Kyungiee-ah. Well I'm sorry I don't have much time for you. I'm so sorry for being a bad boy friend to you. And thank you for understanding me. Thanks for loving this stupid me." Junmyeon said softly.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo stares Junmyeon's eyes.

 

 

 

 

"Its okay. I understand. And oh God! Look at the time. I almost late. I've got to go. It will start soon. Aha.. And thanks for the supportive text too." Kyungsoo grinned.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo about to make his move but suddenly Junmyeon hugged him tightly. 

 

 

 

"You forgot something" Junmyeon said while grinning.

 

 

 

"What?" Kyungsoo puzzled.

 

 

 

Junmyeon break off the hug and facing Kyungsoo. Slowly, he places his lips on Kyungsoo's lips. The two had a very light kiss.

 

 

 

"That is the thing you forgot." Junmyeon giggled.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo cheeks reddened.

 

 

 

"T-thank you. I've gotta go." Kyungsoo rushed back to the waiting room. 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

1..........2....3.. The competition starts. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are now compete in biology station where the of the competitors need to dissect their chosen pet. Such as rabbit, frog or a lab rat. Kyungsoo team have chosen frog as their lab pet. 

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Kyungsoo-ah. How we gonna dissect this greenish frog? I mean just look at this innocent froggy. He is innocent and look at his eyes. Aren't you sad?" Baekhyun nagged while experimenting the frog.

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Just do it. I know but its a competition though. So, don't nag and quick we don't have much time." Kyungsoo said strictly. 

 

 

 

 

"Dear froggy, don't hate me in the next life. No, don't find me. I know you're innocent but I have too. So, until then. Last words?" Baekhyun placing his ear to the froggy mouth.

 

 

 

"Bribitttt~.. (Well I don't know how frog sounds like actually.)" 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry I can't understand your language. After all. Rest in peace buddy." Baekhyun said while injecting the frog with a syringe of chloroform. 

 

 

 

"Yah! Stop the drama can you." Kyungsoo nagged to the drama queen Baekhyun.

 

 

 

"Sorry Kyungsoo. I just can't control my feelings when it comes to sad life like this frog. Sorry."

 

 

 

 

So, the dissection went well like they planned. And the competition continue with chemistry station and lastly physics station. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Finally its over. I'm glad that we done it so well." Kyungsoo smiled while let out a big sigh.

 

 

 

"Yeah. Its tiring and fun too. I love the biology station so much. How we dissected the frog and touching his organs and muscles." Baekhyun grinned

 

 

 

"Yea.. Like I've seen a quite sad drama there." Kyungsoo laughed.

 

 

 

"Stop teasing me will you. Okay fine I just pitied the froggy that's all." Baekhyun sighed.

 

 

 

"Whatever Bacon-ah. Wait. Aren't you going to watch Chanyeol's basketball game? Its started about half and hour ago." Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun out of blue.

 

 

 

"Omg! Yea.. I forgot bout that. Come on Kyungsoo let's hurry. I wanna see my husband. Faster..." Baekhyun pulled Kyungsoo's hand and running to the basketball court.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun ran to the court. Once they reached the court, Baekhyun is the one who starts shouting and cheering for his hubby. 

 

 

 

"Give me C.. Give me H.. Give me A.. Give me N and give me Y-E-O-L.. Chanyeollie.. Saranghae saranghae.." Baekhyun cheered.

 

 

 

"Yah! Don't be too loud. Can't you see there are so many people here." Kyungsoo patted Baekhyun's arm hardly.

 

 

 

"Yah! Its hurt. I don't care Kyungsoo-ah. I wanna give my hubby a fan chant.. Come on.. His your best friend what. Let's do the fan chant together.. Except please silent the words.. Chanyeolli saranghae saranghae Okay. He's mine. " Baekhyun giggled.

 

 

 

"Whatever. I won't do that. You can do that alone." Kyungsoo sighed.

 

 

 

Baekhyun continued his fanchant. Kyungsoo spinning around his head searching for someone. He's looking for Junmyeon. And there's him playing the basketball game too. Kyungsoo wishes to do the fan chant to cheer Junmyeon, but they're not even declared theirs relationship to everyone yet, so it will be totally awkward then. He just let out a big sighed. And while he's watching Junmyeon, suddenly the boy turn his look at Kyungsoo. His eyes met the boy eyes. Kyungsoo can't be so happy as Junmyeon even smiled to him. He smiled back to the handsome Junmyeon. Junmyeon then continue playing the game. 

 

 

 

 

Finally the battle is finished. Everyone applauded and shouted for the winning of theirs school. 

 

 

 

"Yehet! Our school's won." Baekhyun said while high five-ing Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

"Yeah.. I'm so happy. That they won too. Wuhuu.." Kyungsoo grabs Baekhyun hands and dancing and jumping happily.

 

 

 

"Yeah. And come on let's find Ms.Jiyeon to thank her." Baekhyun pulled Kyungsoo's hand and walking away the court.

 

 

 

They went to find Ms.Jiyeon. When they found her, they ran fast to reach her. 

 

 

"Ms.Jiyeon. We would like to thank you as you've give us such an opportunity to prove that we can do it. Thank you for trusting us and leading us in the competition." Baekhyun thanked Ms.Jiyeon.

 

 

 

"Its okay boys. Besides you guys are my favourite students. That's why I knew that you guys won't disappointed me." Ms.Jiyeon smiled.

 

 

Kyungsoo's and Baekhyun's cheeks reddened.

 

 

"Aha.. Wait. Mr.Kim told me that we will celebrate the winning of you guys with a food treat. So, don't return home yet, because we will go after school with the basketball team." Ms.Jiyeon grinned and walk away.

 

 

 

"What? Basketball team... Omo...yes.." Baekhyun shouted excitedly.

 

 

 

"Baekhyun, don't be so excited okay." Kyungsoo put on a lame face. 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

So the two boys went to the dinner place for the dinner event. The moment they enter the private room, they saw the basketball team and the cheerleaders of the school? 

 

 

"Annyeong~." The two boys bow and take a sit at the edge of the long table.

 

 

Kyungsoo sits in front of Baekhyun which sits beside Chanyeol. Kyungsoo looking around the room and his eyes met his sweetheart, Junmyeon which sits at the edge and seems like Yoona sits beside him. Kyungoo just let out a big sighed. He knows that he can't do anything at the moment, so he just throw away his eyes and mind of Junmyeon. 

 

 

 

"Okay, seems like everyone is here, so let's start the party." Mr.Kim said.

 

 

"Yeah we should. But as a teacher, why not we give a little speech before start the party?" Ms.Jiyeon spoke out of blue.

 

 

"Hmm, good idea Jiyeon-ssi. Well let me be the first. Okay to the basketball team of this school, I wanna say congratulation for winning the game and thank you for giving hundred percent support and effort in basketball game and practices. And to the genius kids, congratulation for winning the science competition." Mr.Kim said. Everyone applauded.

 

 

 

"Okay, my turn. Hmm, Kyungsoo-ah, Baekhyun-ah, thank you for winning the competition. I knew you guys can do it very well. And because of that, Kyungsoo-ah, you've got the scholarship. Congratulation." Ms.Jiyeon smiled.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo cheeks reddened. He lower his head. 

 

 

 

"Yeay, Kyungsoo-ah. You've got the scholarship. That's the best." Baekhyun patted Kyungsoo's arm softly. 

 

 

"And since both of you won the game, you guys will lead the science exhibition on science day that just around the corner. You guys had to dissect so-called-pet again, and doing anything related about science." Ms.Jiyeon smiled. Everyone just smiled and clapped their hands.

 

 

"alright. Thanks Ms.Jiyeon-ah." Kyungsoo bowed his head down.

 

 

"Okay, let's dig in."Ms.Jiyeon said cheerfully.

 

 

Everyone starts to dig in the food. Kyungsoo throws his look at Junmyeon who's eating quietly at the corner. How he wishes he could eats beside Junmyeon. But Yoona and everyone is there. He suddenly remembers their first date moment. When Junmyeon fed him his foods. 

 

 

 

"Jagiya~.. Aaaa~.."Yoona scooped a piece of meat into Junmyeon's mouth.

 

 

Junmyeon turns his look at Kyungsoo. He knows that the boy must be froze and hurt but he can't do nothing. He can see the teary eyes of Kyungsoo. He really sorry for that. 

 

 

 

Everyone's cheered and clapped their hands for the lovey dovey show except for Kyungsoo. He then continue eating up the foods.

 

 

 

[Kyungsoo POV]

 

 

 

 Why? Why that girl must do that thing ever front of me? Oh God and the unbelievable part is, that Junmyeon just smiling like he doesn't care about my feelings. Haih! I guess I'm such a dog in love. Maybe just maybe I should end this right?.

 

 

 

 

 

[No one POV]

 

 

 

While they're eating, suddenly Kyungsoo's phone beeps. There's a call from Hakyeon. 

 

 

"Oe? Yeobeoseyo? Kyungsoo ibnida." Kyungsoo picked up the call.

 

 

"Excuse me sir and Miss. I really need to answer this phone right now." Kyungsoo politely bowed his head and went outside the room. 

 

 

Junmyeon who saw Kyungsoo went out the room, wanted to follow him.

 

 

"Well I'm going to the men's room.." Junmyeon bowed to the others and went out. 

 

 

 

He followed where Kyungsoo's off to. He eavesdrop Kyungsoo's talking to his phone.

 

 

 

"Yeah. I'm celebrating with others. Yea.. I wish you can come too. You know I'm kinda bored here." Kyungsoo smiled.

 

 

Junmyeon's so suspicious about the person who's Kyungsoo talking too. 

 

 

"Oh.. Okay. I see you tomorrow. Good night chingu.." Kyungsoo's smiled as he ended the call.

 

 

Junmyeon, without any second had grabbed Kyungsoo's hand and pulled him to somewhere.

 

 

 

"Y-ya.. Junmye..on-ssi.??" Kyungsoo stuttered and looked puzzled as he's walking along taking Junmyeon's steps.

 

 

 

They're going behind the buildings where no one will acknowledge their place. 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo-ssi.. Mind explaining with who did you just talked just now?" Junmyeon seemed angry as he's squeezed Kyungsoo's shoulder a bit hard.

 

 

 

"T-thats.. No one. He's just my friend. Why?" Kyungsoo answered softly.

 

 

"Don't lie. You said that its better if he was here. And why you said that. Aren't you happy I'm here?" Junmyeon said harshly. 

 

 

"I-I...jus-." Kyungsoo couldn't finished his words.

 

 

 

"What. Don't tell me a bull. Why do I have a feeling that you're cheating on me." Junmyeon seemed angry.

 

 

"No I'm not lying nor cheating on you. You always know that I always love you right. Please don't get me wrong. Its Hakyeon-ssi, my friend. " Kyungsoo's eyes becomes watery.

 

 

"What! Hakyeon. I knew it. You're dating him behind me right. off Kyungsoo." Junmyeon yelled as he kicked a can through the wall.

 

 

"No.. We're not. We're just friends. Nothing more than that. Please believe me. I'm not lying to you." Kyungsoo said as his watery eyes start to let the tears fall in any minute. 

 

 

"Haha.. Bull. You're such a good liar aren't yo? Then what is this?" Junmyeon showed Kyungsoo his phone.

 

 

Kyungsoo's shocked. How come Junmyeon have tge pictures of him and Hakyeon's hugging each other. Kyungsoo's still remember it was the time where he tried to calm Hakyeon down. That's happened during the library time.

 

 

"Well its not what you think. Its actually-..."

 

 

"What. I don't need your explanation. Listen Kyungsoo-ah. From now on. We're.............Done." 

 

 

Kyungsoo's heart suddenly stopped. 

 

 

'D-Did Junmyeon just said.. D-done?'

 

 

"We finish it here Kyungsoo-ah." Junmyeon said and pushed Kyungsoo's back. Kyungsoo's back hit the wall behind him. Kyungsoo's tears fall down and wet his cheeks.

 

 

Kyungsoo's blurry eyes still looking at Junmyeon who is walking until it vanish from his sight. 

 

 

"So... We're done here. What a bad day I thought." Kyungsoo can't hold his tears. He cries and keep on crying hardly. 

 

 

 

 

 

                  *************

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the late update.. Maybe I should put it on hiatus.. Well cause I'm quite busy nowadays, so please bare with my lateness of update And have faith on this story. Thanks to all readers, upvoters and subscribers for reading this fool, and story. Kamsahamnida.!!