Chapter 17

love is unexpected!

 

The next day, Kyungsoo woke up a bit early. He is so excited with his so called traveling to his new school. He quickly take his bath and get ready for the day. He walked down the stairs and heading to the kitchen where everyone was there.

 

 

 

"Morning mom dad." Kyungsoo pecked on both his parents cheeks.

 

 

 

"Good morning son. Let's breakfast. we need to be energetic to start our lovely day." Mr.Do sipped his coffee.

 

 

Kyungsoo sits on the seat and starts to dig in.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Kyungsoo POV] 

 

 

 

This is it. This is the time. This is the moment where I'm going to have a new life, new friends and new environment again. I will be staying in a hostel with new friends and living in such a way of hostel students. Lucky me got the scholarship and be in this new school. 

 

 

 

 

I walk my feet on the floor where I'm heading to my dorm. After my parents had a talk with the principal, she allowed me to put my things in my new room. The room are clean and hygiene. Its so tidy and I can almost smell lavender in that room. Maybe my dorm mate is a very clean boy ever. Hihi. 

 

 

 

 *

 

 

 

[No one POV]

 

 

 

Junmyeon woke up at the early morning after been sleeping hourly. He yawning while walking to his bathroom and started to brush his teeth. He wash himself cleanly and get things ready up as usual. He walks down his kitchen to meet his dearly mother.

 

 

 

"Hi mom. Morning~" he greeted in a bright tone.

 

 

"Yea morning son. Let's breakfast. Come one have a sit." Mrs.Kim welcomed her son.

 

 

"Hmm maybe not. I'm going to school now. See you later. Bye" Junmyeon smirked and grabbing an egg sandwich before heading to his sporty car. 

 

 

-

 

 

 

After arrived about thirty minutes, Junmyeon put his bag on and went out his car. He locks the car and starts to move his feet to the his locker. His eyes were looking on someone that would as usual he sees him but unfortunately the someone has not come out today. It has been a routine or fate when everyday Junmyeon would see Kyungsoo at his own locker where right then he would be there on his own too. He then wash away his thought about Kyungsoo. 

 

 

 

He enters his class when he spotted an empty chair of Kyungsoo's. 

 

 

 

"He didn't come yet?" Junmyeon murmured to himself.

 

 

Junmyeon sigh and put his bag on his desk. He places his on his chair and start to pull out his phone from his pocket.

 

 

 

It was then when Hakyeon came into the class and sit on his seat. Junmyeon becomes more puzzled because Kyungsoo usually comes to school with Hakyeon. And all the question starts to hitting him.

 

 

The moment when Mr.Park enter, everybody silent. 

 

 

 

"Okay class, morning everyone." 

 

 

"Good morning sir"

 

 

After greeting, Mr.Park continue to write his note on the White board. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Lunch time, Junmyeon walking pass the locker to get some stuffs when he coincidentally saw Kyungsoo's locker. Kyungsoo's one doesn't have a lock. That carries a meaning of it is not been used anymore. 

 

 

"There's no lock?? Does he forgot to lock his locker or maybe he just.. Forget it. I should not interfere his life anymore. Huh." Junmyeon sighed and continue walking to the school's cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

The moment his sitting with his usual group, there's someone approaching them.

 

 

 

"Can I borrow your Amber for a while. I have some stuffs to talk about." Baekhyun said nicely.

 

 

Everyone eyes were on him.

 

 

"For what? Does this is more important than eating huh?" Kris asked in a bit harsh tone.

 

 

"I-It just for a minute okay. I'll give you back." Baekhyun stuttered.

 

 

 

"Its okay Kris-ah. I'll go. Come one Baekhyun-ssi." Amber stand up and walking away with. Baekhyun. 

 

 

"Dude, it passed me off. I wish there's someone I can punch straight to his face right now. Aha, do you know where is Kyungsoo. The geeky boy? I've never seen him yet this morning till now." Kris smirked.

 

 

"I don't know, he's not in class. Maybe he's absent." Junmyeon replied and continue eating his food.

 

 

 

". I was thought about punching him just now. What a bad day. Huh." Kris stormed his anger. 

 

 

"Cool man. Its okay. Maybe someday or tomorrow." Junmyeon chuckled.

 

 

 

Five minutes later, Amber back with a gloomy face.

 

 

"What's with that face huh?" Yoona asked Amber.

 

 

"Nothing I'm just tired. You guys eat up I want to be alone for a while. Aha and this is nothing with the kid just now so please if I've ever heard of him getting bullied you'll prepare my fist though." Amber then walk away from her group. 

 

 

 

"Jesus, what's wrong with her? Mood swing huh? Never thought that type of girl would have a mood swing too hahaha." Sehun said sarcastically.

 

 

"Yah! That's my girl okay. So shut the of your mouth or I will make sure it will be silent for years." Kris stormed his anger once again.

 

 

"Yah! Calm down. I'm just joking okay. I'm sorry. Okay let's just continue eating this okay. I'm sorry again." Sehun calmed Kris down.

 

 

Kris sighed. He then stand up and went of somewhere. 

 

 

"Wow, why is everyone on a mood swing today? this is a boring day of my entire life." Sehun cursed the day.

 

 

Everyone's in his team also let out a big sighed together.

 

 

 

-

 

 

[Flashback of Amber and Baekhyun's talk]

 

 

 

 

"So, what is the important thing?" Amber asked in curiosity.

 

 

"Well this is the thing." Baekhyun passed her a parcel.

 

 

"What is this?" Amber asked in puzzle.

 

 

"I don't know what is that also but its from Kyungsoo. He wanted me to give you that." Baekhyun smiled. 

 

 

 

"Oh really great. But can I ask you something? Where is he? I don't think so that I ever saw him today?" 

 

 

 

"Don't you know the news?" Baekhyun lifted his eyebrows.

 

 

"What news? I know nothing here." Amber become more puzzled.

 

 

"The news about Kyungsoo just got a scholarship and offer to another school. And the news that it was his last day yesterday." Baekhyun shook his head.

 

 

"I don't know about that. Oh God really. Why don't I know about that. z I-I he never told me." Amber eyes start to watery.

 

 

"Be strong Amber. Actually he did want the news to be a secret. He don't want everyone to know about his leave and to be more precise, he don't want all his friends to be sad and gloomy. That's his decision we just should accept that with honor." Baekhyun put his hand on Amber shoulder.

 

 

"Thank you Baekhyun-ssi. You're so kind." Amber breathed out before she walk back to her seat.

 

 

 

[End of Flashback]

 

 

-

 

 

 

As there are still plenty of times before recess is over, Junmyeon decided to have a walk around the school's park. He breath in the freely air there and breath out slowly. He sniffs the scent of the flowers there and humming himself. While busying himself with flowers, his eyes caught in someone. It is Amber. Later on while Junmyeon's stepping few steps forward, his feet stop when suddenly he saw Amber in teary eyes. He never saw Amber crying once and this is the first time. And to be his more puzzle, that Amber was holding on something that some kind of paper.

 

 

Junmyeon doesn't want to interrupt her so, he slowly step back and walking away from the park. 

 

"I never saw her cried not even once in our entire life but today, it is so rare and unbelievable." Junmyeon mumbled.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

A week had passed. Every day Junmyeon's life would be the same. Its like his routine will be almost the same as previous day. But one thing he did notice. It is Kyungsoo's absent in these past week. Junmyeon's thought couldn't run for it. He really curious about that boy. Of course he is when someone had just vanished like a week without news after being awarded as the best Friendship of the year. Junmyeon really couldn't concentrate not even once in his studies while knowing Kyungsoo's absent. However, his ego is his pride. So, at the end, he just washed the feelings away and shrugged his shoulders. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

As the class is carrying on, someone raises his hand and burst out a question. 

 

 

"Sir, can I ask something?" The guy asked politely.

 

 

"Yes. You may proceed." Mr.Park smirked.

 

 

"Where is Kyungsoo? I've been noticed that lately he's always absent. Do you perhaps know anything about him? I'm just being curious sir." 

 

 

The moment his finished his sentences, Mr.Park smirked and chuckled.

 

 

"Oh yea I almost forgot a thing. Thank you for your concern boy." Mr.Park chuckled as he's pulling out something from his case. 

 

 

"This is a letter from Kyungsoo. He wanted me to read this for you guys. So I shall proceed right." 

 

 

 

Mr.Park sit on a chair while twisting his legs and start to read the letter.

 

 

 

 

Dear Chingus of SM High School...

 

 

 

My name is Do Kyungsoo. I don't know whether everyone know me or not because I knew that I'm such a loner boy. But here I am today wanted to say that thank you for everything, for every moment you had with me. I am so happy just to see everyone is loving this school. 

 

 

 

I still remember the time when I first stepped my feet on this school. It was my first day when I am getting friends. For such a geek boy like me, its so hard to even got one but there is me and Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Hakyeon, Jaehwan and Amber. Its funny how a loser like me still have best friends but I never doubt them and my fate. Even I've been bullied like often, I never offend about the thing. Because I know that one day they will change and realize about positives things and leave all the negatives thing. Some good things might take times is not it?.  

 

 

 

I know that everyone would basically feels even happier when I leave and that's why I leave. When asking the reason? I think most reason is because there's no such a reason for me to stay anymore. And no one would care about my losing though. And the thing I got offer from a prestigious school is making my mind to make such a decision like this.

 

 

 

I'm sorry if I am ever hurting anybody in this school. I am sorry if I am making anybody felt disguise, nautious and everything that was so painful. Now I'm leaving this school with a hope I will be a successful student there and graduate my college happily. I am hoping to meet you guys someday again. Hehe 

 

 

 

Thank you for listening. 

 

 

 

Sincerely from, Geek Boy : Kyungsoo

 

 

 

-  

 

 

 

"So that's it. I'm so touched. What a sad story huh." Mr.Park stand up and let out a big sigh.

 

 

 

"I never thought such a perfect boy and kind like him would be gone like this. He's so kind to all of you but what did all of you give back? Hatred? Stop it. Its okay. Let's just start the lesson today. 

 

 

Junmyeon in other way does not listen to all of Mr.Park's saying as he is busy with his earphone plucked on his both ears. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Break time, Junmyeon walk alone passing by the locker base to pick his stuffs. The moment he passes Kyungsoo's locker, he glares at the locker and when the feelings to open it urges him to do so. He gently touched the lock. Its not even lock. He then slowly open the locker door and surprisingly there is no thing inside not even one thing. Junmyeon gasped. 

 

 

 

"Why there's not even a thing in here? Did he changed his locker? Maybe." Junmyeon said in his heart while his shoulders being shrugged.

 

 

Junmyeon step forward to his locker. After he took some stuffs, he locked his locker back. It was when he noticed that Hakyeon was heading somewhere. He just feeling a bit puzzle as these past few days everyone was looking so weird.

 

 

 

 

After he bought his foods, he carefully placed the foods down on the table. Not to mention that for sure he will sit with his friends a.k.a Kingkas group. 

 

 

 

"What's with the face?" Sehun asked curiously.

 

 

Junmyeon faced Sehun and shrugged his shoulders. 

 

 

"Nothing." He replied.

 

 

"Really. I don't think so. You look pale and you're not even smiling. And that's not okay. There's must be a thing right." Sehun emphasized his words. 

 

 

Junmyeon starts to feel really pissed.

 

 

"If I'm saying nothing. That's mean nothing happen. Can't you even understand my phrase. I'm using the simplest and our common language here. So please mind your own business and I'm totally fine." Junmyeon voice a bit louder this time. 

 

 

 

"Woooo.. Okay okay. Let's just get the food finished and cool down hyung. No need to use the cold tone." Sehun tried to calm everything down.

 

 

 

"Whatever." Junmyeon continue eating his foods.

 

 

 

"Hey Amber. Why do you seem so sad huh?" Yoona asked Amber.

 

 

 

"Nothing much. I'm just not in my mood."Amber sighed.

 

 

 

"Why? Do you have problems?" Yoona asked in a good manner.

 

 

 

"No not really. I'm fine. Just I need to be alone for a while." Amber said while standing up to head to somewhere.

 

 

 

"What's wrong with her lately? Is she possessed?" Yoona eyebrows lifted as she's asking Sehun. 

 

 

 

"Don't you know the thing?" Sehun asking Yoona back with a jerk face.

 

 

"What thing huh?" Yoona smirked.

 

 

 

"That thing about Kyungsoo's transferring to another school. Don't you know that Mr.Park had read the letter from Kyungsoo in front of all of the class. And Amber was mentioned there as his best friend. Surprised huh. Me too but I get it now how Amber can be his best friend. Amber is way too kind and easy going with people without judging their social level. No doubt she can be friend with the geek boy." Sehun chuckled.

 

 

"Oh My God. Really? I thought it was about something more complicated but it turned out that it was the geek boy huh. Dude, I just can't stop laughing." Yoona laughed so hard.

 

 

 

The moment Sehun finished his words, Junmyeon spoon's fell down on his plate while he is gasping.

 

 

 

"W-what did you say just now?" Junmyeon turned to face Sehun. 

 

 

 

"What? Which one?"Sehun asked annoyingly.

 

 

 

"The Kyungsoo thing." Junmyeon said in fast.

 

 

"Oh. He was transfered to another school." 

 

 

 

"A-are you serious? Please no joke." Junmyeon eyes starts to watery.

 

 

 

"Yeah of course I am. Everyone knew about that already. If you don't believe me, go and ask Mr.Park or his best friend, Hakyeon." Sehun replied. 

 

 

Junmyeon's seem so shocked. His heart felt aching right then. Suddenly all the memories of him and Kyungsoo start to play on his mind. 

 

 

 

Junmyeon quickly running to get Hakyeon. 

 

 

 

Once he get Hakyeon he grabs the boy and pushed him into the wall.

 

 

 

"Yah!! Tell me now. Tell me. Is that true huh? Faster answer me." Junmyeon yelled.

 

 

 

"Wowowo.. What are you talking about huh? I don't get it." Hakyeon panicked and he is trying to calm Junmyeon's down.

 

 

"Don't make a fool of me. You know about Kyungsoo's transferring right huh. Why don't you tell me soon huh." Junmyeon tightened his grab on Hakyeon's collar.

 

 

 

Hakyeon smirks and starts to laugh.

 

 

"Don't make a fool of me you piece of . Don't laugh at me. You stole Kyungsoo from me. Don't act like you know nothing." Junmyeon stormed out his anger and released out his grab.

 

 

 

"Hahaha.. Very funny. You're the one who leaving him, breaking up with him, making him sad, crying all the night thinking of you yet you put a blame on someone else. What a great joke you are Junmyeon-ssi." Hakyeon chuckled and laughed hardly. 

 

 

"Just tell me where he is now and where is his school?" Junmyeon eyes starts to sprang down some tears.

 

 

"I also don't know where he is. He doesn't even tell me where it is and only giving me his contact number." Hakyeon spoke out.

 

 

Junmyeon's can't bear his feelings anymore. The painful statement just shot him down and killing him. 

 

 

"Please.. Please tell me what is his contact number so that I can asking for forgiveness from him." Junmyeon kneeled down front Hakyeon. He begged for mercy from Hakyeon.

 

 

 

"I can't. I just can't. Listen. Kyungsoo had done everything. Everything to give you an explanation about him and me. He tried to make you understand, wanting to have a talk with you so badly that he even would kneel down but the question is, what have you done to him?" Hakyeon burst out his anger and all his feelings he kept for this while. 

 

 

"I-Im sorry I know I was wrong. Please help me." Junmyeon begged.

 

 

 

"He and me are totally best friend. You know what. I really wish that everything you thought about us are true. I love him so much. I did tell him I love him so much but do you know what he told me. He told me that he love you so much and he really can't replace you with anyone not even me. Luckily I'm okay with that and I'm happy as I can be his best friend though." Hakyeon smiled as he's trying to remember his and Kyungsoo's great moment. 

 

 

"B-but someone send me pictures of you guys hugging each other and you're sleeping with him which you guys are in ." Junmyeon puzzled.

 

 

"Wow, I don't know people like you would even believe with such a rumor and totally got into it without wanting to be explained. you're so clever. And no doubt Yoona had been so happy after you're breaking up with Kyungsoo." Hakyeon beamed.

 

 

 

"I-I know I'm so stupid. I shouldn't believe it but I don't know my envious feelings keep telling me that it was true." 

 

 

 

"Huh. You're so weak. You don't have the guts to stand on your love. You even doubt him. Is that how you love him? Please. I don't have time for this argument anymore. Just listen to my advice here.

Stop torturing him and forget him. Move on and don't ever turn your back to him. He deserves someone's better than you and I'm sure of it. Good bye Junmyeon-ssi. Have a nice moving on." Hakyeon steps forward a few steps leaving Junmyeon behind when he stops suddenly.

 

 

 

"Aha, before I forget. Here. Your thing." He's taking out a parcel from his bag and throw it to Junmyeon.

 

 

"Don't ever find me and begging me. I don't have time for loser. Have a nice day Junmyeon-ssi." He then leaved the crying boy alone. 

 

 

 

Junmyeon shouted and yelling loudly. He doesn't care if anyone ever heard him. In his case now, only Kyungsoo is in his mind. He then picks up the parcels and gently hugs the thing when he saw Kyungsoo's name was mentioned from the sender name. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

[Junmyeon POV]

 

 

 

So, all this while my feelings were right. There is something fishy with Kyungsoo's absentee. I thought he is sick or maybe taking a week off but it turned out something else. Something that kills me. 

 

 

 

I hate myself. I really really hate myself. How could I ever doubt Kyungsoo's love for me. He is sincerely loving me. But because of stupid me, my ego, I pushed him down and even cursed him. The worse are that I even told him that I would never ever love him back and wishing him gone from me. God I was so stupid and I'm sorry. Please return Kyungsoo to me. How badly I want to say sorry to him. 

 

 

 

When I opened up the parcels. It is a letter from him. He told me everything from a to z about his true relationship with Hakyeon. I am crying. crying of my stupidity and idiocy. Kyungsoo-ah.. Kyungsoo-ah.. Please let me say sorry at least to you. 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

After school..

 

 

 

[No one POV]

 

 

 

Junmyeon slowly take his move, leaving the school. When he steps his feet upon his car, there's someone grabbing his shoulder forcing him turning back.

 

 

"A-Amber." Junmyeon gasped.

 

 

"C-can we talk?" Amber voice sound cracked.

 

 

Junmyeon and Amber then walking to a bench near them and place their on it. 

 

 

"I-I don't know how to say this. But I really have to say though." Amber breathed out.

 

 

"D-do you know about Kyungsoo's transfered to another school?" Amber at last spoke out her concern.

 

 

Suddenly, Junmyeon tears starts to sprang down again.

 

 

"W-wae? Is there something wrong?" Amber panicked as she saw Junmyeon's teary eyes.

 

 

"A-aniya. I already knew about that. I'm so stupid for not even knowing about that. I was acted along with my ego and I'm really, really regret it now." Junmyeon bit his lips.

 

 

"G-gwaenchana.. The thing already happened. At least you had realised it now. You need to be strong. And don't act like a fool again." Amber rubbed Junmyeon's back.

 

 

"B-but I really, really love Kyungsoo-ssi. H-He's so naïve and he even being so kind and me.. I was so bad. I've been cruel to him. The time he begged for my forgiveness, I was full of my ego and pride. I don't want to believe anything about it. I've been so blind, I close my heart and I even cursed him. I'm so bad." Junmyeon palmed his face.

 

 

"Its okay. Let it all out. You're not bad. You're just confused. You're confused whether to listen to your own heart or your ego. I knew that everyone would do the same. Just cry if that makes you relief." Amber tried to coax Junmyeon. 

 

 

"Gumapta Amber-ssi. I-Im so relieved even a bit now. Thanks for your advice. I will never ever listen to my ego anymore." Junmyeon grinned. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

The letter from Kyungsoo to Junmyeon.

 

 

 

 

Annyeonghaseyo Junmyeon-ssi. By the time you read this, perhaps I've been transfered to another school. I just want to say that I'm sorry about everything. About breaking your heart and wasting your time with me. 

 

 

 

Well maybe we didn't fate to be together. Maybe we didn't suit each other from the start. But one thing for sure, I won't ever, never regret your times and your piece of love. 

 

 

I just want to explain about Hakyeon and me. Honestly we're just a friend. Best friend to be exact. Even he once spelled out he loves me but I never ever had the same feeling like him. My heart would always be your own. Do you remember the first time we met? I bet you have forgot and vanished it off by now. I'm okay with that. 

 

 

 

What I'm trying to say here is that, I'm very regret that I don't have times to explain to you myself. I'm sorry again if I hurt you. About all my promises to you, I will absolutely grant it. I promise I will never ever show myself in front of you anymore. Even if we meet someday, I will pretend like I never met you before. I wish your heart will heal so you can totally forget me. 

 

 

 

Once again, my highest apologize for being such a to you. I will slowly sail this world without you. And have a nice life Junmyeon-ssi. 

 

 

Annyeongggggghigaseyo Junmyeon-ssi. :-) :- : :- :-( :-(  

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                   ~~~~~<{^_^}>~~~~~~~