Welcome To Shadow Mountain

Spells And Claws

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Can you take me there ?" his eyes widen upon hearing those words. His heart was beating so fast and was crushed at the same time. What was he suppose to do ? He needs to get back but he doesn't want to leave her. He could take her there with him but no one has ever enter their domain before. It was their most sacred place. No one must ever find out their location. It's against their law. It was easy for her to ask him to take her with him, if only she knew that it was forbidden.

"Kai." she whispered his name so softly that it had almost cause his heart to stop. He looked down only to meet her eyes that seemed to have never left his. He tried to keep his breathing steady eventhough his heart was practically about to pound it's way right out of his chest. He was scanning every inch of her face. The pounding against his chest became harder and faster. He kept his expression as calm as possible while on the inside, he was battling with himself not to wrap his arms around her and never letting her out of his sight. He was about to go mad with himself.

"I~.. I~" he was trying to find the right words to explain his situation to her. She was now gripping his hands tighter but still as gentle. He looked down at their intertwined fingers and returned the grip. He was staring at her delicate hands that fit perfectly in his. How is it that they fit so perfectly ? he thought to himself. Then, he had that strange feeling flowing inside of him again. The need for him to protect her with his life. The need for him to stay and never leave her side. Not even for a second. But then again, he couldn't just leave his pack either. They're like family to him. He grew up with them. He felt suffocated for a moment. Trying to figure out whether he should stay and let his pack worries about him or to leave and take her with him which would only break the law. He had to decide and he had to decide now. He took a deep breath.

He shifted his gaze back to her. "Alright," he sounded confident. To hell with the law, I'm not leaving her he thought.

 

After letting Stella know where she was going and even had to have a slight argument with her, she finally gave in.

"What am I suppose to tell your dad ? You know that I'm scared to face him alone, especially when it's about you," she asked nervously. You don't even need to hear her trembling voice to figure it out, she had her arms crossed over her chest and was tapping the floor hastily with her foot. She was frowning as she was demanding the answer from her.

"Just tell him the truth and not to worry about me. I promise that I'll be back soon. Unharm," she told her. After the 'little talk' with her father earlier that day, she was sure that she earned some freedom out of him. She widen her eyes at her respond. Noticing her reaction, Raina quickly explain to her that she and her father had already talked about it. She nodded her head in understanding.

Stella was hesitant for a moment before agreeing. "Fine. Just make sure that you do. I am not taking another fall for you in one day. As if last night wasn't terrifying enough. I almost had a heart attack because of you," she exclaimed as she was rubbing her chest to calm herself down and nodded her head at the direction of Kai who was standing at the balcony in her room. They didn't realise that he could actually hear their conversation. He was smiling to himself as he heard their every word. It was a bad habit of him to feel a little amuse when there was someone panicking about something. But not a bad kind of panic.

Raina smiled and gave her a tight squeeze. "Thanks, Stella. I promise I'll come back before you know it," she reassured her. Stella hugged her back before walking her to the balcony.

Sensing that they were coming his way, he quickly wiped the smile away and turned to look at them. She was now standing in front of him with a bright smile plastered on her face. It took every sanity inside of him not to collapse. When he finally got some of his senses back, he naturally smiled back at her. "Are you ready ?" he asked as he held out his hand for her to grab. She hesitant a little before she grabbed hold of it. "How far is it ?" she asked him wondering if it would take them all day just to get there.

He saw her expression and knew exactly what she was thinking. "Don't worry. We'll be there in a second," a smirk was formed on his lips. She frowned since she didn't quite understand what he'd meant by that. With a swift, he pulled her closer to him causing their bodies to collide and wrapped his arms around her waist. She was too stunned to even react at his sudden action. "You might want to hold your breath," he said to her with a smirk still curved on his lips. "Wh~". Before she knew it, a gasp had escaped from her lips as they disappeared into thin air.

 

Her eyes were shut closed and she was still holding her breath. Then she felt like she was standing on a solid ground again. She heard a rough scratching sound everytime she move her feet. It sounded like what tiny rocks would sound like when they were scratched on a rough surface. She slowly openned her eyes and looked around her. Her eyes widen immediately when she'd realised where she was standing. At the side of a mountain.

She took a few steps back when she'd noticed that her feet was almost at the edge. She tried to look down at the view from where she was when she felt someone holding her hand. She turned her head and saw Kai standing right next to her. Is this real ? she asked herself. He was smiling at her as he slowly pulled her closer to him. Still holding her hand, he lifted his free hand and pointed his index finger indicating her to look up. She followed his finger and another gasp had escaped from her lips. The mountain was breath-taking.

"Amazing," she said under her breath. He smiled as he watched her awed by the sight. She was still preoccupied by the scenary that she didn't realise that he was watching her. Like her, amazed by the mountain, he was amazed by her. Her long black hair, her fair skin, her sparkling dark brown eyes, her small pointed nose, her full pink lips. He felt his heart skipped a beat at the sight of her. Perfection he thought. He held her hand tighter as he leaned in closer.

"Raina," he whispered into her ear. The whisper had snapped her back to her senses when she felt shivers going down her spine. She realised that he was now standing behind her with her back against his chest. She hoped that he wasn't able to feel her heart beating fast but somehow that didn't really bothered her. She actually felt safe. She didn't move from her spot when she felt the grip on her hand. Then, she felt him leaning closer and she could feel the warmth from his body. It was a nice feeling.

"Welcome to the Shadow Mountain," he had finally said.

 

 

 

Yay. Kai had finally decided to take Raina to his home. The Shadow Mountain. I didn't really know what to name the mountain but shadow sounded great and mysterious. Anyway, I love the name. It suits the theme of this story. Hope you guys agree with me.. hehe... but how would the pack react to his action ? will he be punish for it ? what would happen to Raina ? Will the pack hurt her ? what would they do next ?

here's what the mountain would look like. do you like it ? try to picture it without that little house. hehe..