My Turn To Fight

Spells And Claws

Raina's POV

I was in my usual spot in the castle, in a hall made especially for practicing my powers. I look over at the bird cage full of white pigeons at the corner of the hall where I had asked my servants to place and back towards the spell book that was on the stand next to me. I was trying out a new spell that was suppose to make the cage disappear thus releasing the pigeons. I read the spell in my mind repeatedly before waving my right hand in front of me. I look at the pigeons and slowly drew a deep breath in my lungs. I waved my hand swiftly and said the spell out loud. As I had said the spell, the caged was surrounded by a small fog and sparks then it slowly vanished.

A smiled was formed on my lips as I watch the pigeons flew all across the hall from the vanishing cage. I was satisfied with my achievement. That is when i realized that my powers are growing stronger as I grew older. But it's not fully develop yet until I reach the age of 18. Which is next week during the full moon.

Just at the thought of my growing powers, i remembered my mother, the Guardian of Cazriel before me. She died when I was 10 years old. She was the most powerful Guardian that had ever existed for over a century. She would've been proud of who I had grown up to be now. I inherited her abilities and the role of the Guardian the moment she drew her last breath.

With a wave of my hands, I made the windows in the hall wide open, letting the pigeons flew away as I watch them fly. I looked out of the widest window as I let the refreshingly cool breeze blow on my face and my long wavy black hair .My view stretched from the majestic mountains, to the flowing river, over to the forest and the village where I see my people live out their lives with joy and prosper. I watched my beautiful kingdom from the window with tears running down my cheeks.

I rememberd what my mother had told me when I was young. "As the Guardian, it is our duty to keep our land and people safe. Even if it means we will die in the process. To die for love is the most honourable and beautiful sacrifice of all."

Those were her last words that she said to me before she was gone forever. Realizing that the tears were still running down my cheek, I quickly wiped it with the back of my hands.

"Now, it is my turn to fight," is what I said before I turned around and walked out of the hall.

 

ARIUS' POV

I had just returned from my meeting with my advisor. He was filling me up with his daily reports. As always, everything seems fine. I walked out of the throne room and led myself towards the green house. As I entered, i took in the smell of newly bloomed flowers into my lungs and let out a sigh.

I walked pass a few flowers before I felt a sting on my finger. I looked down to see that one of the thorns from the rose bush had pricked my finger. Despite the pain, i reaced down to pick a white rose. I was admiring its beauty and wondered how such a lovely thing was able to cause such a pain.

I looked away from it and the sight of a bench that was fixed under a large oak tree that was right outside of the green house had caught my eyes. I started to remember the memories of me confessing my love towards my queen, Airana. She was the most exquisite woman i had ever laid my eyes on. I remembered giving her the exact similar rose as she had agreed to be with me forever. I guess that our 'forever' had ended sooner than i thought.

I made my way towards the bench with the rose still in my hand. I sat down on the bench and looked up at the blue sky. A sigh had escaped from my mouth as i looked down at the rose.

"She's turning 18 soon, my love. I wish that you are still here to see her blossom just like you. I miss you so much," I said as tears started to run down my cheeks and dropped on the rose's pedal.

 

hey, guys. it's EXOWENDY88 here. as you all would already know, this is my first fanfic that i had created. i hope you guys will enjoy it. sorry if it's too long. it's just that i'm really excited. this fanfic is genuinely based on my own imagination. anything that you would find similar to another fanfic is strictly coincidence. feel free to leave comments and subscribes. it will really much help with giving me some new ideas. thanks so much. XOXO :3