Anger

Spells And Claws

RAINA'S POV

The sun had finally came up. I was awaken by it's brightness that was showering upon my face. I slowly lifted my head and let out a yawn as I stretched my arms out. When I dropped them to my side, I felt something foreign. It didn't feel like my usual bed sheet and cover. What is this ? I thought to myself. It felt, warm. A little surprised, I looked to my left side and saw a boy sleeping peacefully next to me. My hand had landed on his.

I looked at him confused as I tried to remember what had happened last night. My eyes was wandering at every inch of his face. From his bronze coloured skin, to his dark hair, his closed eyes that had long eyelashes, his small and slightly pointed nose, his high cheekbones, his sharp jawline and his full lips. I was admiring his features until my eyes caught the sight of a basin and a cloth that was stained with blood. Then, it all had came back to me.

So, it wasn't a dream, I thought to myself. He was the wolf that I saw last night. I remembered that I had brought him back to the castle after I had realized that he was badly injured for almost half of his entire body. I needed to treat him as soon as possible.

*FLASHBACK*

I was cleaning his upper body with the wet cloth when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I said without turning to look who it was because I already knew. The door was openned slowly and I heard my maid entered the room. "Excuse me, my lady. Here's the~" a small gasped escaped from as the door closed behind her. I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at her. By the look of her face, I can tell that she was shocked to see what was in front of her.

I set the cloth down and walked right up to her. I awkwardly smiled at her as I took the clothes from her hands. "It's alright, Maya. It's not what it seems. I'm just trying to help him, that's all," I said to her. When she didn't respond, I realized that she was still in a shock. Worried, I softly called out to her as I held the clothes against my chest. "Maya ? Did you hear me ?"

She shook her head. "Yes. Of course, my lady. May I be excuse now ?" she asked me as if she wanted to leave the room immediately with her head hung low. Feeling a bit guilty, I noded my head. She then turned away and walked towards the door. She was about to turned the doorknob when I stopped her.

"Wait," I command her. I saw her jumped a little as she stopped her track. She slowly turned to face me. "Yes, your highness ?" she asked me with a shaking voice. She must have tried to hide it, unfortunately it didn't go so well. She must've been really stunned. Well, who wouldn't be if they see a boy covered with blood laying motionless on their princess' bed. Who could blame her ? I took a step closer to her and grabbed her by the hand. I looked her in the eyes with a pleading look. She was shocked by my action.

"Don't let anyone else knows about this. Especially my father. Can I count on you to do that ?" I begged her. I held the clothes tighter against my chest. I was planning on not letting anyone else knows about this until I want them to. Now wasn't really the time yet. After a short pause, she looked back at me and smiled. She nodded her head. "Of course, your grace. Your secret is safe with me," she gave me a reassuring smile before she left the room.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

I snapped myself out of the memory when I felt something holding on to my hand. I looked down at his sleeping figure and realized that I was still holding his hand. A smile was curved on my lips as I returned his grip. He must be having a dream because I could see movements of his pupils under his eyelids. Without my realize, my other hand was slowly tracing his face. I pushed away the strand of hair that was over his eyes and my hand was caressing his cheek, slowly my fingers drew the outline of his jaw and somehow found their way on his lips. My heart had suddenly started pounding against my chest. I could feel my blood rushing through my veins.

Drowned by the adrenaline rush inside of me, I didn't realise that someone was knocking on the other side of the door. I quickly shifted my gaze and slowly retracted my hand from his grip by the time I heard the door openned. "Raina ?" I stood up from the bed and turned to see the person who was entering. It was Stella. A sigh of relief had escaped from my mouth. "Oh, it's just you," I said under my breath loud enough for her to hear it. I held out a hand over my chest to calm myself down. She entered the room and closed the door behind her. I couldn't help but notice that she was frowning. "Well, good morning to you too, sunshine, " she said as she walked towards me. I gave her an apologetic look and sat at the edge of the bed with her standing beside me.

"How's he doing ?" she asked me. I looked up to her and gave her a quick smile. "His wounds are fully recovered but he's still sleeping. He must've been worn-out by whatever happened to him last night. I think he'll wake up soon, though. And I want to be here when he does," I explained to her. She nodded in understanding.

"That's good to hear. By the way, your father wants to see you. He asked to meet you in the library, like right now," she said in her usual tone whenever I was caught breaking one of my father's rules. "Here we go again," I said to myself. I took a deep breath and walked towards the bathroom. "Fine. Just give me a few minutes to wash up," I said to her before closing the bathroom door.

******

THIRD PERSON'S POV

He was looking out from the large arched window in the library. His hands were behind his back and there were thin lines on his forehead that wasn't meant to hide the fact that he was upset. He was gazing upon the blooming flowers in the garden when he heard the door open. He turned to see eventhough he'd already knew who it was. He watched his daughter approached him with a bright smile on her face. That's what she would always do whenever she was being called to see him. Maybe it was just her way to ease up her father's mood. Surprisngly, it always works.

She stood in front of his study desk as she greeted him. "Good morning, daddy. You wanted to see me ?" she asked cheerfully. This was how she would usually acted when she was facing her father. Maybe it's just her way on avoiding a punishment. She is her father's 'little girl', after all. Technically, she's his only 'little girl'. Only more reason why he should feel protective over her. Although, he never knew that it would be this complicated to take care of one child. Eventhough she had disobeyed him before, but he could never bring himself to punish her. He always let her go with a lecture instead. No matter how upset he was, nothing could ever overcome the love he had for his only daughter.

"Raina, would it hurt for you to knock before you enter a room ? Surely this is not how I've raised you," he said as he rubbed his temple and took a seat in his chair behind the desk. He looked up at his daughter who was giving him an apologetic look and hung her head low with her hands behind her back. "Sorry, daddy," she said with a low voice but loud enough for him to hear.

He tangled his fingers and placed them on top of his desk as he leaned himself forward. Without anymore delays, he'd finally let it out of his chest. "Where were you last night ? And don't say that you don't know what I'm talking about. I saw you snuck out with Stella into the forest," he said. Upon hearing his words, she'd finally raised her head and clasped both of her hands on her hips. He watched her as she made her way towards the piano that was propped on her right. She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against it as she bit her lips.

"I was just trying out a new spell, dad. It's not a big deal. Plus, I am more than capable of taking care of myself, dad," she finally said. She gave him a look that was a cross between annoyed and frustration. He stared back at her and got up from his seat. She looked away by the time he stood in front of her. He let out a heavy sigh when he saw her reaction.

"Raina, look at me. You know that you're not suppose to leave the castle's ground and yet you managed to find a way to disobey me. I am well aware that this isn't the first time you disagree with me. But can't you just leave this one rule unbroken ? For goodness sake, Raina. When are you going to grow up ? When are you going to realize that I'm only doing this for your own safety ?" he said to her in a more serious tone.

She didn't answer him. His words had made her felt like she was slapped right across her face. She still had her face turned away from him. Tears was starting to blur her visions. Noticing her reaction, guilt had filled up inside of him. He took a step closer and tried to hold her hand. "Honey, I'm sorry. I~" he tried to apologize. Realizing it, she pulled herself away from him hastily. "For my own safety ?!" she snapped at him and the tears had finally fell from her eyes.

He was taken aback by her sudden reaction. She had never raised her voice at him before no matter how furious she was. But, this time it was different. He saw something when he looked her in the eyes that he had never seen before.

 

 

heyy, guys. sorry for the late update. i was taking care of a few tings. so, here it is. chapter 4. hope you enjoy it. leave lots of comments, subscribe and upvotes. please and thank you.

and here's a pic of Stella (Hyolyn)