Imprinted

Spells And Claws

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Her hand had never left his since the moment they'd arrived. But she didn't mind it, not even a bit. She felt comfortable being around him. Her eyes widen once they had entered the large tent. The place was decorated with antique furnitures with a campfire set in the middle of it. For wolves, they sure have a good taste in furnishing she thought.

"Wait here," Suho told both of them once they had entered the tent. The others were standing behind them as if they were guarding them. She turned to look at them. They all had stood still with their hands behind their backs. They really do look superior she thought. Since she wasn't allowed to get out much while she was growing up, she had read about them in one of the books in the library. She kept shooking her head trying to reassure that it was all real, and it is. She finally had the chance to see them in person. Then, she turned her head back.

Suho was headed towards a corner and came back a few minutes later followed by a tall man behind him. The man had a fierce and strong look on his face. He had broad shoulders, muscular figure and was striding with confidents. He had stopped and widen his eyes once he saw Kai standing at the entrance. He gasped in disbelief. Instinctly, Kai had pulled her to stand behind him without taking his grip off of her. "Kai," the man quicken his pace and pulled him into his embrace. "Thank goodness," he said under his breath as he tighten the hug. Kai returned the hug with his free hand and patted him on the back. "Hi, dad," she was shocked with his words. Dad ? she asked herself.

He had finally pulled away from the hug and had his hands gripping on his shoulders. "I was so worried about you. Are you alright ?" the man asked him. Somehow, he was actually reminding her of her father. He sounded protective over him. "Never been better," Kai answered him with a nod. "That's good to hear," the man nodded his head before noticing her standing behind him. Kai shifted his head and knew exactly what he was looking at. He swallowed his fear and turned to face him. The man had tighten his jaw as he looked at her. "Dad, I can~" Kai was cut off. "Princess Raina," the man had spoken. They all looked at him with a shock, especially her.

"You know my name ?" she walked passed Kai and was standing in front of him. How could he know who she is ? She hasn't even been here before. And she was sure that she had never met him before. But how is it that he knows her name ? The man smiled at her and nodded his head. "It's been so long since the last time I saw you. Of course, you wouldn't remember me. You were only 4 years old back then. You're all grown up now, I see. You look so much like your mother," he said. The mention of her mother had shocked her even more.

"You knew my mother ?" she asked, confused. "I knew your parents. We were close friends," he'd stated. There were silence in the air. "Forgive me. Where are my manners ? Please, come sit," he led her towards one of the couches that was set around the campfire. Kai followed her from behind and so does the rest of them. "I believe I haven't properly introduce myself. I am Eric. The alpha of this pack," he introduced himself. Oh, so you're Eric she said to herself.

"How is it that you knew my parents ?" she asked him, still confused. He cleared his throat before he spoke. "Like I said,, we were close friends. We knew each other for a very long time. Of course, since we are allies and all. We fought together, side by side and eventually grown to become close with each other. That is until..." he paused and looked at her. His expression had suddenly change, she could see that there was sadness in his eyes. "Until ?" she asked him. He straighten his posture and cleared his throat. "Until your mother died," she felt a sudden feeling of despair growing inside of her. She stared blankly as Kai watched her worriedly. "Raina ?" he whispered. She'd snapped herself back to reality. She turned to her side and nodded her head. "I'm ok," she reassured him with a weak smile before turning her head back to face Eric. She indicated him to continue.

He hesitant at first but he continued. "After the incident, your father had decided to keep you away from all of this. He asked of me to keep our distance from you so that no harm can ever come your way. He asked us to keep watch over the kingdom until you were old enough. He didn't want you to risk your life at your young age. He wanted you to be ready, he wanted you to master your powers until you're 18. That's when your powers are fully develop. Which is soon, I believe," he grinned. She looked up at him and smiled as she nodded her head. His grin widen. "Well, then I wish you a very happy birthday, Raina. Your mother would be proud of you," he said to her. She looked at him and saw the truthfullness in his eyes. He was sincere when he said that her mother would be proud of her. At the thought of it, she felt a little at ease and she was happy. She had finally realized the real reason behind her father's overprotection. He wasn't really keeping her away from the world, he was actually trying to make her stronger so that she could protect it. She smiled at the thought of his efforts. Thank you, daddy she said to herself.

 

They have been talking for a few minutes now. Kai had explained to them what had happend to him in the woods. They were all grateful towards her. Especially Eric. Eric had suddenly got up from his seat. "My, we have been talking for quite some time now. Why don't you go and have a look around. I'm sure you'll find the pack very welcoming," he said to her once she had got up from her seat, along the rest of them. She smiled and nodded her head. "Thank you. For everything," she said under her breath loud enough for him to hear. He returned the smile as he knew exactly what she meant. "You are most welcome," he said as he kissed her on the hand.

She turned to leave and was followed by Kai when he suddenly called him. "Kai, can I have a word with you for a moment ? Let your brothers show her around," Eric asked him. Kai looked at her and raised his eyebrow at her. She smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah, sure," he answered him. "I'll take it from here," he turned to see Chanyeol smirking at him. He furrowed his eyes in doubts. Chanyeol let out a sigh since he knew exactly what he was thinking. "Don't worry. I'll take good care of her. Promise," he whispered to his ears. Kai was still doubting but finally gave in and let out a heavy sigh. He looked at her and nodded his head indicating her to follow him. Chanyeol grinned as he offered his hand for her to take. She looked at Kai then back at Chanyeol. She gave him a bright smile and took his hand. She turned around and waved at Kai. "I'll catch up with you later," he said to her. He watches her until she disappeared from his sight. You'll be alright he reassured himself. He didn't understand why it was hard for him to let her go.

He was in a daze until he heard his father cleared his throat. He turned around and saw his father looking at him. "I can see that you are quite fond of her," he stated. Kai furrowed his eyes. "What do you mean ?" he asked as he made his way towards him. "You've been staring at her the whole time. I know, because I saw it. You didn't take your eyes off of her," he said as he crossed his hands over his chest. Was I ? he asked himself. He was trying to find an excuse but couldn't think of anything. He finally gave up. He threw his hands in the air and took a seat on the couch hastily. He buried his face in his hands. "I don't know what's wrong with me. Everytime I look at her, I feel like my heart was going to pound it's way right out of my chest. When I told her that I was leaving, it drives me crazy at the thought of it. And I keep having the feeling like I need to be around her all the time, to protect her with my life. I've never felt anything like this before, dad. What's wrong with me ?" he lifted his head and faced his father. He just sigh and took a seat next to him. He patted him on the shoulder and smiled. "This is actually normal for us, son," he said. He didn't understand what he meant. "What is ?" he was confused. Eric turned to look at him and tighten his grip on his shoulder. He let out a heavy sigh before he spoke. "You've imprinted," he had finally said it. Kai widen his eyes in disbelief.

 

 

 

woohoo.... see what i just did there ? haha... Kai imprinted. this is going to be awesome. how do you guys like my story so far ? was it too simple ? too long ? too short ? too boring ? well, I could only hope that you guys enjoyed it. :3

 

here's a pic of Eric (Shinhwa), and yes, i made him as Kai's father in this story. muahahaha :3