Strange Feeling Inside

Spells And Claws

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

He was outnumbered. Almost half of his body was covered in blood. He didn't know what else that he could've done. He was getting weaker. They came out of nowhere. He tried to fight them off, but they were just too strong. He tried to outrun them, but they were faster. Even in his wolf form, he wasn't strong enough to stop them.

He tried to find a way out but there was no hope for an escape. They had finally caught up to him in a dead end. He tried to howl for his pack's aids, but he had lost his strenght to do it. They were coming closer, forcing him to push himself into a corner. There was nothing that he could do but snarl at them. He watched them as they were getting closer. Their body was pitch black and at the same time they looked like they were made out of smoke. The only thing that could give away their presence in the dark was their hands that had long white blade-like claws and their yellow piercing eyes that could make your visions blur if you stare into it for too long. Their mouth was a curve that reveals their sharp needle-like teeth whenever they open it.

One of them had suddenly made a move on him. He didn't realize it until he felt a shot of pain on the left side of his body. The creature's claws had slashed his flesh causing it to let out more blood from his body. He couldn't help but yelp due to the excruciating pain. The pain had almost caused him to collapse. But he didn't want to look vulnerable in front of those creatures. He gathered every last strenght he had to hold himself up. He leaned himself against the stone wall for support. He looked them in the eyes and let out a growl, taunting them to give him their best shot.

Like he knew they would, they urged their way towards him with claws spread and teeth shown. He stood up straight on all four of his legs and brace himself for the attack but, for some unknown reason, it never came. Confused, he opened his eyes and saw them stopped just a few inches away from him. Suddenly, they started to retreat. In a blink of an eye, they diappeared.

******

He was wandering in the woods, still in his wolf form trying to find his way back but he had no idea where he should go. The wounds wasn't healing. He'd assumed that if he stayed in his wolf form, the healing process would be faster, but it didn't. Every step that he took had shot him an agonizing pain through his entire body. He was tired and weak. He was about to give up on walking, then he heard something. Something calling him up ahead. He slowly pulled himself together and walked towards the direction of the sound.

By the time he got there, he heard the sound of a flowing river and a voice. A girl's voice. As he looked up ahead, he saw a girl. She had her back facing him. Then, when she turned around he could see her eyes. They were dark brown and they were sparkling by the moonlight. The moment he saw her, he had this strange feeling growing inside of him. He walked out of the woods and tried to call out to her but all that came out of his mouth was a small growl. He had forgotten that he was still in his wolf form. But he didn't care. He still wanted to get closer to her.

The girl had finally turned to look at him. But she didn't run like the animals did. She just stood there looking at him right in the eyes. He didn't sense any fear from her eyes. It looked more like her eyes were calling out to him. Asking him to come closer, which he did. Then he saw her being dragged by someone. Reacted by his instinct in not wanting to lose her, he quicken his pace towards the river before she turned to look at him again.

Due to the severe pain that he'd tried to endure, he finally collapsed next to the river banks. I can't stop now. I have to get to her. She's standing right there on the other side of the river is what he thought. But he couldn't move anymore. He was too weak. Without realizing, he transformed himself back into his human form. He had one hand stretched out towards her. Trying to call out to her. But when he opened his mouth, the only thing that had came out of it was a groan. Right after that, he had finally let the pain took over and made him unconscious.

******

RAINA'S POV

 

I covered a blanket over his wounded body and we brought him back to the castle. I'd ignored the fact that I was going to be in so much trouble once we had entered the castle's ground. But there was nothing more important in my mind at the moment than to save this boy. Since he needed to be healed immediately and it would take us a long time to get back to the castle, I decided to use the teleportation spell on all three of us. Soon, we found ourselves back at the castle. To be precise, in my chamber. We brought him over to my bed and laid him down gently.

I turned his head slightly towards me. A sudden sense of amazement flowed right inside of me. I could clearly see his features despite the blood stain that was on his face. His dark hair that was covered with sweat, his long eye lashes, his small and pointed nose, his high cheekbones and his full lips. Without my realize, I slowly traced the outline of his jaw. He's so beautiful, is what I said to myself.

I quickly snapped myself out of it when I heard Stella returned from the bathroom with a basin of water and a cloth in her hands. She placed them on my bedside table and I hurriedly reach out for the cloth and soaked it with water. I rinsed the cloth and gently wiped the blood stain on his face.

"I need to heal him. He's losing so much blood," I said almost half to myself. I stretched my hands out and hover them over his lifeless body. As I started to chant a simple healing spell, my whole chamber was shining by the light that was coming out from my palms. I looked at his wounds and they were slowly starting to heal. His torn skin was slowly closed. I turned to look at his face, hoping to see if he was able to respond. I leaned a little closer and a sigh of relief escaped from my lips when I could see that he was still breathing.

I turned to look at Stella and saw her smiled at me. I also gave her a smile in return. "We should leave him to rest. Tell my maid to bring him some clothes," I told her. She nodded her head. "You should rest too. You've already done so much today," she told me as she patted me on the shoulder and left the room. I shifted my gaze back to him by the time the door was closed.

I soaked the cloth again and carefully wiped the blood stain that was still on his face. The wounds are finally gone and not a single scratch was left behind. I watched him as he slept peacefully. I raised my right hand and remove his damp hair that was covering his left eye. I looked at his sleeping figure and a smile was formed on my lips.

 

 

 

hey, guys. here's the third chapter. i hope you'll enjoy it. leave lots of comments, upvotes and subscriptions...

XOXO :D