Her or The Kingdom

Spells And Claws

"Whatever it is that you want to tell me just say it and get it over with," Kai says. He isn't in the mood to speak with anyone at the moment. Considering the fact that he is feeling a little 'edgy'. He just wants to get things done and leave.

L finally stops and turns to face him. His face expressionless, as always, and he clasps his hands together behind him. He looks at Kai for the longest time before speaking.

"I can understand your dislike towards me. I don't blame you. Wolves can be quite possessive, don't you agree?" he says teasingly. Kai looks at him with intense eyes. He couldn't decide on what bothers him more. The fact that he'd just mocked him right in front of his face or the fact that he did it without the slightest expression on his face. He balls up his fists until the knuckles turn white.

"Get to your point, pretty boy. Before I rip your throat out with my teeth," he threatens while bearing his fangs in front of him. L chuckles slightly and finally speaks his mind.

"I just wanted to tell you that these feelings you have with the Princess is quite a waste of both of your time," he says. Kai furrows his brows and waits for him to continue.

"You see. The King himself has entrusted me in teaching and taking care of his daughter. In other words, I will be taking her away from here. Soon enough," he says. "Perhaps one day, I will be taking her away permanently."

"What do you mean by that?" Kai furrows his brows.

"I am her betroth," L responds

Kai's eyes grow wide and his jaw almost drop to the ground. His heart sank in his chest and his mind goes blank as he stares at him. They both stare at each other with Kai being so stun and L staying as calm as ever but with a hint of amusement in his eyes. Noticing this, Kai shakes his head and chuckles to himself.

"You're lying. She's not betrothed to anyone. If she is, she wouldn't be with me in the first place. You're trying to trick me," he says. He has his guards up. Prepare for anything that's going to come out of Pretty Boy's mouth.

"I have no reason to lie, Wolf. I speak the truth. And the reason why she doesn't know about this is because the King never told her. But yes, we are engaged to one another. Ever since we were children. Our fathers were good friends and I happen to have the same ability as she does which makes us the perfect match," L explains.

"If it weren't for the recent events, we would have been wed by now. But the King's priority is the well-being of his daughter. Which is why she will be going back home with me first thing tomorrow for her training," he continues.

At this point, Kai is already lost in words. He couldn't think of anything. He is staring into space. Filled with mix emotions. But what kind of emotions? Anger? Frustration? Confusion? Sadness? Shocked? Horrify? Ridicule? Overwhelm? L realizes that he isn't going to respond so he decides to just continue.

"I called you out here for a reason. And that is to tell you to keep your distance from her," he says. With that, Kai has his full attention on him. Staring at him with wide eyes. "If you truly care for her, you would do as I say. You are a distraction to her and that is something that she doesn't need right now."

Kai looks at him dead in the eyes with clenched jaw. He has been mocking him continuously since they got out in the courtyard and he isn't going to let him have all the fun. "And if I refuse? Like you said. Wolves can be quite possessive. I think you and I both know that it'll be very unwise to antagonize a wolf," Kai responds half mockingly. L doesn't react to his threat. Not the way Kai wanted him to anyway. He was expecting something like 'she's-mine-so-back-off-or you're-dead' but then again that was him.

"That depends really. If you're trying to get her off guard and disrupt her of her training that might be the only way for her to be in control of her magic and avoid chaos to loom over the entire world and destroy everyone in her path, then be my guess. What's the worse that could happen," he says sarcastically.

"What do you mean by that? What? Are you saying that she's deadly?" Kai asks agitatedly. He finds L's statement to be very serious to be joking around with.

"I'm saying exactly that. If she doesn't have any control of herself. One flip of the switch and the entire kingdom could be burnt to the ground and left with nothing but ashes. Now unless you want that to happen, I suggest  you take my advice and stay out of our way," he says. He holds out his hand as if to give a handshake.

"Do we have a deal? Her leave for the safety of the kingdom and everyone in it," he says. Kai stares at his hand then looks up at him. His brows are knitted together as if he is trying to solve a riddle. Reminding himself of his duty to the King and the kingdom, it doesn't seem that he has a choice. He exhales as he takes L's hand and shook it. He didn't even realize that he was holding his breath the entire time.

"Deal."

 

 

 

Guess who's back, my lovelies~ ok. I know that I've been gone for so long but I have good news. I have about 4 months of holiday because I'd just finished my one year precollege program. So I have tons of time to finish this story and my other story before I get to further my studies. Sorry the chapter is a bit short. I just wanted to get on with the conflict between the two hotties here. hehe. Enjoy, beautiful.

p.s. I am so in love the EXO's  new album. And I am making the efforts to update everyday.

XOXO

EXOWENDY88