The Tree Of Life

Spells And Claws

3RD PERSON'S POV

"Good morning," his eyes were still shut but his lips were curved into a smile. She retracted her hand from his cheek and stared at him. He slowly opened his eyes and they landed softly on hers. His dark orbs bored into hers making her heart beats faster.

She was drowning in his gaze but quickly got back to her senses when she felt a light squeeze on her hand that was intertwined with his. She blinked a few times before cracking up a smile.

"Good morning," she whispered. He smiled as he brought their intertwined hands closer to his lips and kissed hers gently. He stayed that way for a while before shifting his gaze back to her.

"That was for yesterday," he was refering to the kiss that Kris had placed on her hand. She furrowed, not getting what he meant. The next thing she knew his arms had made their way around her waist and he pulled her closer to him.

She had her palms up against his chest dividing the remaining space between them. But the strength in his arms had managed to close it. She looked up in his eyes and his expression was unreadable.

She gulped as his eyes traveled her face until they finally stopped at her soft lips. Without hestations, his lips had crashed into hers. Her eyes were widen in surprise but she returned the kiss as her hand his hair.

She pulled him closer as they deepen their kiss. He tighten his grip around her as he bit her lower lip which had made her gasp and his tongue started to travel every inch of . Her mind went blank as she was drawn by their passionate kiss.

They finally broke apart, panting for air. Their faces were so close that their lips were still brushed against each other. "That's for kissing me while I was still asleep," he smirk. She felt herself blushed at his comment. He chuckled at her reaction and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"C'mon. I want to show you something," he said. "What is it ?" she furrowed her brows. "You'll see," he answered.

 

 

"Where are you taking me ?" he was dragging her to one of the tunnels that was leading them to the heart of the mountain. "Trust me. We're almost there," his hand holding on to hers as he led her to a curve.

They had finally stopped in front of a large arched doubledoor. She glanced up the door and noticed the carving of a giant tree surrounded by a pack of wolves. The wolves didn't look like what normal wolves would. They were different. Their appearance seemed as if they were possed by something and it looked like they were protecting the tree.

Each of them had an aura shone all around them. She counted the wolves and realized that there 12 of them. "That's us, EXO. Or our ancestors, at least. Those things shining all around them, it represents our powers. Water, earth, wind, ice, lightning, light, healing, telekinesis, time control, phoenix, dragon and teleport," he explained. She glanced at him then back on the door. "What about the tree ?" her eyes fixed on the tree.

"That is what I'm going to show you right now," he slowly opened the doors. He took her hand and led her inside. The place was wider than the campsite and it was definitely brighter. It was like she had step into a rainforest in the bowels of the mountain.

The trees were all in bright colours. Brighter than the ones that she had seen before. He led her further to the centre and her jaw almost dropped.

Her eyes were shone by a glimpse of a magnificent tree that was over 200 feet tall. Compared to all the others, this one was by far the most extraordinary.

"This is the reason why this place is so sacred to us. Why no one else was allowed to know about it. Because this is the home of the most sacred gift of all," he stood in front of the tree.

"This is the Tree of Life," he glanced back. "My people, my ancestors had devoted their whole lives protecting it. It keeps the balance in everything. It knows and sees all. Past, present and future. There are even myths and prophecies that lies deep within it. With just a single touch, it will show you everything there is to know about yourself," he continued. She glanced up to him as he motioned her to come closer.

"Go on. Try it," he held her hand and brought her closer to the tree. She held out her hand in front of her but stopped just an inch away from placing it on the bark. She glanced back to him. He smiled and nodded his head.

She turned back and slowly placed her palm on the bark. Then, in an instant she felt like the whole world had suddenly disappeared from all around her.

 

 

She was standing in a wide open space. There was no one else but her. Princess Raina, Guardian of Cazriel, she heard a voice. The voice sounded ancient and yet filled with confidence as it echoed all around her.

She glanced around trying to find the source of it but there was no one. Fear not, My Lady. I am the spirit within the Tree of Life, it said. "How do you know who I am ?" she spoke up.

Your Grace, I know everything there is to know about anything. Who you are is no puzzle to me, it replied. She slightly nodded her head. If I may, Your Highness, let me show you a glimpse of your life, past, present and future, and with that a flash went right pass her mind.

There is no doubt that you were destined for great things. You are not just a Guardian. You are 'the' Guardian, it said. "What do you mean I'm 'the' Guardian ?" she furrowed her brows. You were born during a full moon, My Lady. And every year, your birthday would fall on the day of a full moon.

There is no strange matter about it, My Lady. For there is a prophecy, a Guardian born during a full moon is said to be the most powerful being ever existed. In all of history, there has been only one Guardian that was born on full moon besides yourself. Your ancestor, Queen Marissa.

All her life, she had vowed in protecting and restoring balance for this land. She was the only one who could control the earth beneath her feet and the sky above her head. She was also a very tremendous ruler.

She was loved by many. She was the one who had started the alliance with the wolves.. For she was the one who had partly created what they are now.

Centuries ago, werewolves were considered as mindless and ruthless beast that had terrorized the people of this kingdom. One day, Queen Marissa was able to stop them.

Eventhough the ministers and royal advisors had suggested for them to be destroyed but Queen Marissa had something else in mind. She had never thought of the wolves as monsters. She would be no better than the wolves if she went along with the juries' decision.

And so, she decided to turn the wolves into half man and half beast so that they would have the sanity of a human to know the difference between rights and wrongs also to have the strength of a beast that would only be used to protect and not destroy.

Among those wolves, she had chosen 12 to become the EXO. Wolves that were given special abilities. Water, earth, wind, light, lightning, healing, telekinesis, ice, time control, phoenix, dragon and teleport.

Not only they were allies to the kingdom but they were also assigned by the Queen herself to protect the Tree of Life. These arrangements has been pass down from generations to generations.

As the years go by, the friendship between these two parties became stronger. Until that one faithful day, he appeared. Garrowix. A sorcerer that practices dark magic. He threatens to destroy everything that your ancestors had built.

If it weren't for Queen Marissa, he would've succeeded. She and the EXO had fought with all their might and finally they were able to defeat him. However, he wasn't completely destroyed. He was simply banished to another dimension. Which would explained his reappearance years ago. Your mother was very brave, My Princess.

However, the spell that she'd used to stop him that day was just too strong for her. Every spell has their limits. Your mother, aware of the risk that she was taking, had proceeded with the spell which had left herself weaken.

She was more than capable of dodging herself away from the blade that was coming her way but due to the spell, she was too late. She had sacrificed herself for the sake of your father.

My Lady, it is no coincidence that you were borned on a full moon. It is fate. You are meant for greatness. As you grew older, your powers became stronger inside of you. You are capable of more than you can ever imagine.

But beware, Your Grace. For a great victory, there is also a greater fall. The day that Queen Marissa had defeated Garrowix was also the day she drew her last breath. The power that you possessed is not only the salvation for your kingdom but it will also be the death of you.

This power is neither a blessing nor a curse.

 

 

She withdrew her hand from the bark and took a step back. Her eyes were widen as the words were playing in her mind. This power is neither a blessing nor a curse.

What does it mean ? My powers will be the death of me ? she thought to herself. Her brows were furrowed. She felt her head throbbing as she tried to compose herself. She raised her hand and rubbed her fingers on her temple.

"Raina ? Are you okay ?" she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders. She turned to face him and flashed a smile as she nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she lied. She was still confused about what she had seen and heard but she didn't want to show it. She didn't want anyone else to know about it. She was afraid that they might not see things the same way.

She wasn't going to risk having everyone worrying about her. She had had enough of that to last for a lifetime.

If my powers is the cause of my death, then I won't let it bring me down just because the prophecy said so. I will survive this. I must, she thought to herself.

He smiled as he leaned in forward. In an instant, she shut her eyes and let herself drifted away by his lips that had softly brushed hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him closer. He tighten his grip on her waist as they shared a passionate kiss.

Even if she was still trying to process the thought but there was one thing that she was very certain of. She was head over heals in love with him. Nothing even matters as long as she was in his arms. There was nowhere that she would rather be and no one that she would rather become.

 

 

 

 

 

Hi, readers. So so sorry fo the late update. I was trying to come up with an idea for this chapter. Trust me when I tell you this. It came to me in a dream. haha... *face palm*.Anyway, hope you like it.

 

XOXO

EXOWENDY88