CHAPTER 29

Spells And Claws

RAINA’S POV

 

I sneak out of my room. Poking my head out the corridor. Scanning the place before I finally step out. I could barely see anything. Holding out my hand, it gives out a glow bright enough to light my way.

It’s bad enough that I’m walking barefoot but the temperature feels like it has dropped a few degrees. I have to fight the urge to shiver every time my skin makes contact with the cold hard floor.

Tiptoeing, I find myself already halfway to the staircase when I hear a creaking sound from one of the rooms just in front of me. I recognise that it’s L’s room. Is he back?

I hug my other arm close to me to preserve any warmth I have left and continue my steps. I don’t even know why I want to see if it is him. I mean, this is his house and he can go out and come back anytime he wants. It’s not like he’s a kid that needs babysitting. So why am I even bothered to go check on him?

I am already standing in front of his door that is shut closed and about to reach for the doorknob. You know what. Maybe I shouldn’t. I mean, it’s late and he just got back from God knows where. He must be tired. I should just go back to bed and see him tomorrow.

Pulling my hand back and turn to walk away, suddenly I hear a crash follow by a loud thud from the other side of the door. I turn back and pound on the door calling out to him.

“L?! L, you okay in there?” I scream but he doesn’t answer. Ignoring the matter, I bust open the door to find the room spick and span. Without even a speck of dust. My eyes trailing every inch of the room and finally land on a motionless body lying face down next to broken glass.

I rush to his side and tug on his shirt so that he would lie facing up. I eye the broken glass and look up to see the coat rack had made a huge hole on the glass window. He must have tripped on it or something.

“L?” I touch his cheek and instantly pull back. He’s burning up. His face is pale and his hair is damped with sweat and his nose started to bleed. Panic has seized me. I hoist him up and practically drag him to his bed. He is a lot heavier than he looks.

Running into the bathroom, I come out with a bowl of water and some towels. I put an extra pillow under his neck so that his head is tipped back slightly. Grabbing the towel and damping it, I place it underneath his neck and grab another towel to wipe off the blood from his nose. His breathing is slow and shallow.

He has stopped bleeding but he is still feverish. I damp another towel and put it underneath him. Sitting back, I watch him. Sleeping. His chest rising and falling. His eyes are moving underneath his eyelids. He’s dreaming. His lips are slightly parted.

He starts to mumble something in his sleep and there’s a crease between his eyes. Reaching over, I run my hand over his head and push his hair from his forehead gently.

“Shh. It’s okay,” I whisper. Trying to calm him down. He’s still mumbling something between breaths. Leaning in slightly, my ear hovering over his mouth so that I can hear his voice.

“Mom. Dad,” he breathes. I pull away and look at his sleeping face. I don’t always get the pleasure to hear him talk about his parents. Perhaps the memory of them was just too painful for him to bear. I couldn’t imagine what it must have been for him to lose both parents.

As for me, I lost my mother when I was very young.  Nevertheless, I still have my father and Stella not to mention our staffs that I treated as my close friends to keep me company. Whereas for him, aside from Hanjoon, there is no one else. Even though Hanjoon had tried his best all these years to raise him, but it is not quite the same.

I could feel my heart breaking for him as I watch his sleeping figure. Reaching out, I hold his hand in mine and grip it firmly.

“You will never be alone again,” I mutter. “I promise.”

 

 

Hi everyone. First off, I would like to apologize for being on hiatus for so long. I understand if you hate me and want to unsubscribe (please don't TT^TT). I am truly very sorry. And also sorry for such a short update. You would think I'd written something a little longer than this while I was away. hehe..Bian. I am a terrible person. but nonetheless I am really glad you guys stuck around for my updates and have been commenting on my story. It means a lot to me. Really. I will try to update again soon. Till then, wait for me my lovelies.

XOXO EXOWENDY88