Wishes

The Thorn By My Side: Beauty & The Princes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’ve got to be kidding me” I gawked at the sight before me, feeling a bit nauseous.

 

Kris laughed at my face, giving my shoulder an encouraging nod.

 

“You practically gave me a black eye a few years ago. You could take a few miles” I looked at him with wide eyes, pointing at my feet.

 

“You should’ve briefed me before I made a decision to wear heels!”

 

“It makes you look more of a femme fatale” He winked as he headed first into the forest.

 

Trekking. He took me trekking into the forest. Our first date, walking like lost children. Well, not exactly first, but I think the last one wasn’t counted.

 

“You’re so romantic” I rolled my eyes as I stopped for a bit to massage my calves. Damn 5 inches.

 

“Relax! We’re almost there!” He faced me, taking out his hand for me to reach. It’s like the 10th time he took out his hand for me.

 

“I got a bad feeling that you’ve done this so that you’d have physical contact with me”

 

“Me? Physical contact?” He shrugged, a lazy grin plastered on his face. “Seohyun, you know me better than I do. If I really wanted physical contact, I’d never go this far..”

 

His face was suddenly near mine, teasing.

 

“To touch you”

 

My breath hitched.

 

His lips were too near, I could almost kiss him. And his eyes.

 

Gosh.

 

Why is he so beautiful?!

 

Then, he had to pull back. Looking victorious.

 

“Slow down sunshine. We’ll get to kissing soon. Now, let’s go!” He said, pulling me into a jog.

 

Damn Kris Wu. Damn him!

 

 

 

 

 

Almost there my ! We’ve been walking for almost 45 minutes that my heels suddenly broke down and I tripped. TRIPPED. Face first on the dirt.

 

“GAAAH!” I let out the most un-girly scream, suddenly having the urge to cry.

 

“God, I forgot you’re prone to clumsiness” Kris said as he scoped me up easily and carried me in bridal style. “Sorry princess”

 

His face was so apologetic that I hid my face on his chest.

 

“I’m really sorry I didn’t tell you to wear flats” His tone was too regretful that I forgot about the pain my face was feeling and started laughing.

 

“Next time, be a normal guy and take me to the theaters or something” I said, wiping away the dirt on my face.

 

“So I guess we’re dating then?” His sudden comment made me stare at him.

 

His hands on my body, his eyes on mine.

 

A blushed settled on my cheeks as I tried my best to look unaffected by his grin.

 

“In your dreams” I said as I suddenly leaped out of his hands and walked in front of him. Cursing my idiocy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

THIS. This is what he wanted to show me.

 

The sun, it was setting beneath the horizon, sending flashes of different colors in the sky as it touched the end of the world. Its radiance gave the forest life, even for just a moment. Everything was beautiful. Everything was perfect. The pain of my legs seemed to have vanished as I saw life unfolding infront of me.

 

 

“It’s beautiful right?” Kris whispered. I looked at him and found that he was also looking at me.

 

For the first time in my whole life, I was complete.

 

“Why show me this?” I whispered, melting into his gaze.

 

He smiled.

 

Kris Wu smiled a lot of times today. It’s clearly something I’d like him to do often.

 

“I like you” He said, his eyes never wavering. “I wanted to tell you that, since you came back from Japan, at Henry’s wedding. I wanted to tell you that every time we meet but things always come to interrupt.”

 

“I’ve hurt you” I said before I could stop myself. “I’ve humiliated you, done things that I—“

 

“Funny. I’ve done the same things to you before” Kris said as he pulled away. “But you forgave me”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter