Amber

The Thorn By My Side: Beauty & The Princes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seohyun” Kris called right after I walked out of his car. I turned to him, brows furrowed.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can I dance with you tomorrow?” His voice quiet. His face was blank. My thoughts drifted on the first time we danced. My lips curled slightly.

 

“You’re asking me?” I pointed to myself, wanting to make sure.

 

He rolled his eyes. The typical Kris Wu gesture. And he smirked ily.

 

“No. I’m asking the blank space next to you” His face softening, his eyes sparkled. He looked just like the boy I knew a few years ago. Young, spirited, and handsome.

 

“I’m not sure if I could dance with you. You can't even dance, if I remember correctly” Teasing him is always fun. I never knew I’d have a conversation this enjoyable with Kris Wu.

 

“If you can’t dance with me then I’ll take you somewhere” He paused, his face turned menacing. “And don’t you dare say no cause you owe me a wish!”

 

My jaw hung open. How can he remember that stupid promise! It was years ago! Before I could reply he gave me a half-hearted wave and sped off, leaving me awestruck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay. Calm yourself. Don’t freak out. Don’t freak out. They’re just people. People who are basically gawking at you and sharing whispers.

 

 

I inwardly slapped my own self. It isn’t cool when you’re the one lowering down you self-confidence Seo Joo Hyun.

 

 

I sighed. The day after tomorrow, I’ll return to Japan like nothing had happened these past few days and I’d go on living my life. Two more days.

 

 

“You look like an idiot, face palming yourself” Minho caught my arm and dragged me to somewhere that isn’t crowded.

 

 

“I’m getting nervous” I bit my lower lip, avoiding his gaze.

 

 

“You’re not the one walking the aisle and saying ‘I do’” He chuckled as he pulled a strand of hair out of my face.

 

 

I caught my breath. It was a small act but it sent shivers down my spine. He caught the worry planted on my face and distanced himself, an arm’s length away.

 

 

“People are people. Let them judge but they can’t change the fact that you’re the most beautiful girl in this room” His voice stiff as he excused himself and walked away.

 

 

Great.

 

 

 

The ceremony started a little earlier than expected and everything went smoothly. Well, except for the part where the newlyweds were supposed to share a kiss indicating the start of their story. Henry tripped on his foot, falling down on Amber and kissing her on the cheek instead. Everyone erupted in laughter when Amber stood up and grabbed Henry’s collar and gave him a long kiss on the lips.

 

 

Kris stood beside Henry, clutching his stomach while still looking like a prince. His face looked genuinel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter